Have any of you tried raw meat for bulking/strength?

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard if you eat the meat right after its killed, you don't have to worry about bacteria problems. I think eating meat this way is more natural and probably more effective since humans and even all carnivores have evolved to eat raw meat, not cooked meat.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, prehistoric man also had a lifespan of roughly 30 years.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a reason people don't consume raw meat...

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats taking hardcore to the next level, i wouldn't do it but hey if you do then props to you.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fire has been around for a loooooong time. Man has evolved to digest meat cooked.

Our stomach acid is very weak compared to out ancestors, we need the cooking to break down the nutrients.

10 points for initiative though

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I probably can't get my hands of freshly killed raw (except for the stray cats around here). But if there are benifits and demand for it. . . . maybe a restaurant where they kill a cow, and then every one diggs in. Sounds fun, eh?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Raw fish can be OK (sushi). But you have to be aware of the potential consequences :(

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
I heard if you eat the meat right after its killed, you don't have to worry about bacteria problems. I think eating meat this way is more natural and probably more effective since humans and even all carnivores have evolved to eat raw meat, not cooked meat.
If the idea behind this is that it can lead to more gains, I think you're focussing on details spesmilitis.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
Who ever told you this LIED! Bacteria is already IN the meat, that's why you COOK it to kill off most of it. Do you KNOW what meat parasites look like? Where are you getting this "fresh killed meat"???

Humans aren't carnivores, we are OMNIvores, meaning we can eat damn near anything and survive. And like it was previously stated by Wolf116, it's been a freaking long time since our ancestors had to eat raw meat.

You might be interested in a book called "Neander-Thin". It's a diet based on very primitive eating habits. Look it up on Amazon, you'll like it.

But even HE says to cook your meat.

sunlight

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would be concerned eating raw meat from a supermarket. You can't know what it has been thought.

You could consider boiling the meat as an option and adding different types of herbs and spices to the water. It could be pleasent tasting.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard that on this man vs wild show, the guy killed an animal and ate it. The idea was that since it was freshly killed, there wasn't enough time for the bacteria to develop.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is a considerably more complicated question than it sounds. there would be several concerns:

- if you pierce the colon and get that mixed up with the meat, you don't want to eat any of that uncooked. this is a primary reason that you shouldn't eat supermarket meat -- esp. ground meat -- raw. slaughterhouse practices haven't improved very much in the hundred years since Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle"

- it is true that the bacteria that break down meat increases rapidly after a kill. but you'd have to literally eat it as soon as the blood stops flowing to take advantage of this, as depicted on your Discovery Channel show

- some meats have larger-than-bacteria parasites that are dangerous to humans & killed by cooking. i have no expertise in this to guide you.

- our brilliance with antibiotics and their abuse by the lifestock industry means that there are increasingly hardy bugs that our bodies are much more sensitive to than anything floating around even a hundred years ago. Several nasty strains of E Coli come to mind. Those bugs are now getting traded around between lifestock and wild animals. Good luck!

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
looks like I should master drinking olive oil before I try this.

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
whats so bad about it being cooked anyway? its probably better (not to mention taste better) since the temperature is higher and your body can break down hot stuff quicker.

Best friends? NAY

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have personally been eating raw meat (beef and buffalo) for the last three years. And heave never gotten sick from it or at all actually.

No one that I know that eats raw meat has gotten sick from it either.

Now I eat only grass fed beef (MUCH MUCH better for you then corn fed), 100% pasture raised all organic. From a ranch I trust and have visited myself. But this has only been for the last few months.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread has me cracking up!

Now how does raw meat give you anymore protein than cooked meat?

Apollo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
This only works if you kill it with your bare hands.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
spesmilitis said:
looks like I should master drinking olive oil before I try this.
Jesus. You are fvcked in the head man. You can marinade raw meat in olive oil and then consume it.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
I don't know, man. I'm telling you, this guy ate raw zebra after it had been sitting out in the sun for a WHILE and he was fine.
that's cool... i do stupid **** all the time and i'm usually fine.

then some snotty 3 year old wipes his or her nose, grabs me by both hands, and i have a summer cold for a week & a half. was it the obvious cause or something else? are e coli deaths caused by bad food or weak immune systems? the answer of course is yes...

your zebra man clearly has the constitution of an ox. how's yours?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is the tuna in cans raw meat or has it been cooked?

*Don't flame,I don't cook many different foods or know much about fish food at all.