HarlequinMan's Approach Journal

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone, im new to the board but ive been following Jayers 100 approach journal for a year now and I feel like I need to start my own because Ive been an AFC forever and just got out of a nasty 11 month relationship. Ive been around the board searching for answers but i know ill never make progress without some kind of action.
Some history: Ive always been really shy (especially after middle school) and hated myself for it. Im a sophomore in college now and im sick of not getting any action. I have literally hundreds of approach opportunities everyday, but I always tell myself "ill do it tomorrow. Well ive been doing this since entering college and im sick of being afc. I think that the girl i was dating was holding me back from my potential. In high school and the first year of college i was always the "smart guy" that no girl would touch with a ten foot pole. And one day i asked myself, "there has to be another way". and i found the dj boot camp and got through the first four weeks up to the part where you ask for numbers and i froze. Ive only approached like 5 girls so far, and i made an approach journal.

I started off like this
DJ progress journal 2007

Oct. 15th - Approached 3 and 4 sitting down at table in mall. Did not ask for number. Kino handshake, No SOI. I kept asking them if it was awkward that i was doing this....they looked at me as if i was a creeper!
2/10

Oct. 18th – Approached 5 in line asked if single, asked for number right away. Got number No SOI, No Kino havent called her back...I dont know how this approach worked....i dont like asking for number right away
3/10

Oct. 18th - Approached 1 and 7 sitting down, asked for numbers right away, denied. No SOI, No Kino. They said Ummmmmm for like 10 minutes before responding.....i was a total afc
1/10

Oct. 18th – Approached 2 and 4 roughly 30 years old (too old!) sitting down. Asked for numbers. Denied. SOI, no kino.im only 19 but i had some serious balls that day lol. this is my favorite approach of the day! i laughed the whole way home
1/10

Oct. 27th – Approached 2 age 26, she liked me but I did not ask for number. Handshake no SOI. This girl was insane! She told me she had a degree in business and i asked "what do you want to do with that?" and she replies "i dont want to work, i just want to get knocked up and stay at home with the kids". Shocking...:nono:
3/10

Oct. 29th – Approached 7 at sunglass hut, no progress= i was a POS, all i did was ask about the glasses
1/10

Oct. 29th – approached 3 at foot locker asked name and where she was from, handshake, no connection. She had a zombie stare on me. I used the line, "so im not interested in buying any of these shoes, i just came in here to talk to you". Well that went over like sh!+. :cuss:
1/10

Oct. 29th – approached 6.5 at aeropostal, no progress whatsoever. Used the line "im looking for some pants for my brother...."
1/10

oct. 30th- approached 1 no progress nothing to say here....except i feel like im moving backwords....
1/10

Oct. 30th- approached fat chick 1 in chocolate factory, talked about chocolate.....she liked me but i didnt number close. :down:
1/10

oct. 30th – Buckle, talked to old hag 1 nothing to say....too old again, why is it easier to talk to old women? :cry:
1/10

oct. 30th – talked to 6.5 and asked for number, she said bf but I could talk to her friend, talked to her friend and she got my number. She hasnt called me back....im really proud of this approach because the girl just kept smiling at me. Maybe i am getting more confident? :rolleyes:
5/10

Any feedback whether pos or neg would be greatly appreciated!

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
November 6th

I just got back from the mall and I made one approach.

These two Asian girls were eating and i went up to one and said "hey i think your really pretty"

she smiled and i asked her name and she asked mine

blah blah blah.....turns out shes 30!!!! whoa and I thought she was an undergrad....so I tell her to make a facebook and well hook up later...

overall success score 5/10

what could i have done better? asked for phone number instead of facebook?!?

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another approach

Hey guys, just made another 3 approaches today after thinking about it for half an hour! here it goes....

first approach: I went up to two girls sitting down they were a 4 and a HB7. SO this is the convo...

Me: Hi
Her:hi
Me: Pause...i think your really pretty
Her:thanks
Me: asked name and we shook hands
Her: talked about ****ty week and said that my comment was a relief
Me: talk about blah blah
Her:blah blah
Me: im going to go ill see you later
Her: do you have a number?
Me: what?
Her: do you have a number?
Me:Yeah its......blah blah number close yey!

ok that went well

2nd approach

One girl was working at popcorn stand ( she was a 5)
I went up to her and waited in line until it was my turn

Her: Hi
Me:I dont want any popcorn i just came here to talk to you
Her: smiles
Me: whats your name
Her: gives name
Me: blah blah askes about where shes from ect.
Her: blah blah tells me
Me: after a while i just looked at her
Her: so do you have a number?
Me: ya
NC....

I was really impressed with my progress....from asking girls for numbers on the first sentence to legit number closes

Girl 3- shes a 4

I walk into soap shop and this attendant says

Me: Hi, im not interested in the soap i just want to talk to you
Her: thats nice whats your name?
Me: blah blah gives name askes about job boring stuff here
Her: turns into freak and starts lecturing me....
Me: im going to go now
Her: bye come back any time!

Why do i always talk to freaks?!?

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cr1msonKing said:
What does SOI mean and "Approached 3 and 4"? Is that a number rating for a girl?
I'm pretty sure thats signs of interest, but I have no clue if you're numbering girls or what... And why the fvck would you approach a 4 man?
If you think shes ugly, wheres your interest? Whats the point in approaching a girl you don't think is hot?

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cr1msonKing said:
Oh yeah. Pretty good so far. Seems like your making a lot of progress and I can't wait to start. Hopefully I do as well as you.
Thanks a lot man, i didnt think i was doing so hot at one approach per day....a lot of guys on here do 10 per day, i hope to achieve that level sometime.
You will change man. where there is a will there is a way. My only advise it to follow the dj boot camp like its your duty to change.

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Grand Wizzard Alamar said:
I'm pretty sure thats signs of interest, but I have no clue if you're numbering girls or what... And why the fvck would you approach a 4 man?
If you think shes ugly, wheres your interest? Whats the point in approaching a girl you don't think is hot?
Soi means statement of intention.....to let the girl know your not there to just be friends, the numbers are what i think they look like from a scale of 1 to 10, but a ten doesnt exist on my scale and a one looks like a man. But i approach girls that i think are cute from far away, but sometimes when i get closer i see they are ugly and then i still approach because its practice, and i need TONS of practice lol.

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
update

thanks for all the advise guys, im going to try to approach more hb7s and up but its hard to find girls that attractive sometimes.

Anyways, I need advise on something. One of the girls that i number closed with today texted me and we have been talking for a while. I dont want to over analyze this but she keeps saying how nice it was of me to talk to her today because she had such a bad week.

Now how often are girls that are attracted to a guy use the word "nice"?

What should i do? should i be a jerk? or act like ive been acting? or ignore her?

Please help here DJ's!

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually think you are doing pretty good, I mean the girls are asking YOU for YOUR number, now if they call back then you are doing good! What I would do with the girl Texting is escalate the texting back and ask her on a date maybe Saturday if she say's no then I would take my time answering her text's, if she agree's make sure you keep escalating to make her know you want something more then just being friends try to Kclose at the end. I dont think you should be a jerk outright just relax and remember you are becoming a DJ so there are going to be lots of opportunities in your future so just do whatever you feel like, if you dont like her break it off but if you like her then do the above stated. Good luck and maybe you should start going for some higher numbers, maybe 7 and above dont you think? Plus I think SOI is signs of interest.

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HarlequinMan said:
Soi means statement of intention.....to let the girl know your not there to just be friends, the numbers are what i think they look like from a scale of 1 to 10, but a ten doesnt exist on my scale and a one looks like a man. But i approach girls that i think are cute from far away, but sometimes when i get closer i see they are ugly and then i still approach because its practice, and i need TONS of practice lol.
Ohh lol it sounded like you were using an SOI like an IOI.
I think you should put on some glasses and go for the 7s-9s

:p UGs are a waste of time most often.

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
I actually think you are doing pretty good, I mean the girls are asking YOU for YOUR number, now if they call back then you are doing good! What I would do with the girl Texting is escalate the texting back and ask her on a date maybe Saturday if she say's no then I would take my time answering her text's, if she agree's make sure you keep escalating to make her know you want something more then just being friends try to Kclose at the end. I dont think you should be a jerk outright just relax and remember you are becoming a DJ so there are going to be lots of opportunities in your future so just do whatever you feel like, if you dont like her break it off but if you like her then do the above stated. Good luck and maybe you should start going for some higher numbers, maybe 7 and above dont you think? Plus I think SOI is signs of interest.
Hey thanks bro! Seriously needed that encouragement. I will try your method man and ill let you know how it goes...

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ohh lol it sounded like you were using an SOI like an IOI.
I think you should put on some glasses and go for the 7s-9s

:p UGs are a waste of time most often.

lol man i agree, they have no clue how to converse from what ive seen....it seems hb's are the way to go.

Thanks for the tips and btw.....i wear contacts but some of these girls look like 7's and i get closer and they turn into 4's.....

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for the 9s... at least they'll look like 6s :p

Hah, just get a little closer before you judge cause you don't wanna practice with the unexperienced girls. You gotta learn it from the ones who know it.

If you can't get closer, just say "nice talking you but I gotta run, bye."
lol.. works every time.

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for the 9s... at least they'll look like 6s :p

Hah, just get a little closer before you judge cause you don't wanna practice with the unexperienced girls. You gotta learn it from the ones who know it.

If you can't get closer, just say "nice talking you but I gotta run, bye."
lol.. works every time.
ya man ill definately try going for the 9's lol although its rare i see one.....your right man, why would i practice hitting beachballs with a bat if i want to end up in the major leagues? gotta practice with those hardballs.... good advice.

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
J0N024....YOUR A GOD....lol thanks man heres the convo on myspace:

Her: yah im free saturday afternoon :] would you wanna hang out?

Me: not that bad at all....ya im 19. i dont know where ******** is, but im sure i could find it. So are you free Saturday afternoon or saturday night?

Her: not for a little while... that isnt that bad.. youre only 19 right? i work at *******, next to *** *****. do you know where that is?

Me: not really...but whens your bday? Where do you work in the mall?

Her: so im almost eighteen. is that a problem? if that is.. im sorry.. but i have dated a 20 year old.. and i like to party, anything.. as long as its fun.. and i work in the mall.. idk.. what do you wanna know? :]

Me: nah it doesnt bother me we can still have a lot of fun ; ) hmm about me...i can tell you that i like snowboarding and partying. I have an apartment that i share with a girl and a guy. rest youll have to find out later but what are you into?

Her: idk.. what can you tell me? does it bother you im in high school...

me: Ya you do look like her lol....so what do you wanna know?

her: hah thats my friend najda. we look a lottt a like though so i see. lol. so tell me about yourself

me: Got your message! ya it must have been some night because you were all over that lollipop

her: haha o thanks, yesss it was a very drunken night. you were realy nice at the mall, thanks :] i needed that.

me; Here you go :) nice pics looks like a fun halloween party

so now im going to hang out with a legit 7 on sat. any tips boys? Really REally need help here lol. I never read this far into the dj bootcamp.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont claim to be a god all I did was give you adivce, YOUR the one that took it the extra step and did something about the situation. Good luck man and post your results !
Krimson I would just flat out tell her that we couldnt do anything this weekend and maybe next weekend you guys can get togethor, this actually opens up Friday for more dj'ng and maybe you can get a girl to go on an insta-date with you so you will forget all about her,lol. Good luck.

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
I dont claim to be a god all I did was give you adivce, YOUR the one that took it the extra step and did something about the situation. Good luck man and post your results !
Krimson I would just flat out tell her that we couldnt do anything this weekend and maybe next weekend you guys can get togethor, this actually opens up Friday for more dj'ng and maybe you can get a girl to go on an insta-date with you so you will forget all about her,lol. Good luck.

Lol, thanks anyways bro....so i went to some party with the 7 and it went horribly bro. The girl wouldnt talk to me because i told her she wouldnt look good with a nose piercing. So, I F#*KED that up. Anyways thanks for the help, I wouldnt have got her at the party w/o you.

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
November 9th approaches

today wasn't the greatest approach as i went with a new wingman who is a downer.

This guy makes fun of every approach i do. But he is so insecure about himself he never approaches. Im giving up on him. Heres how it went for me:

I approached two girls about 6 and 5 sitting down. I said:

Me:Hi
Her:Hi
Me: I think your really pretty
Her: Thanks
..........blah blah blah..............got her number but accidentally called her right away and hung up. She called back and i didnt answer. Nexted her already.

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard Approach

This was the hardest approach ive EVER had.

6 girls sitting at a table talking: All are 7's and above

I got up and talk to the hottest girl a 9. ( my first 9 approach)

Me: I think your really pretty *mess up here i think
Her: thanks
Blah Blah
All of the other 5 girls were laughing their asses off while i did this. I think they laughed because I was a bit nervous.
I asked her number and got denied "I have a boyfriend"

What can I do better next time?

h8*being*an*AFC

Reaction score
HarlequinMan said:
today wasn't the greatest approach as i went with a new wingman who is a downer.

This guy makes fun of every approach i do. But he is so insecure about himself he never approaches. Im giving up on him. Heres how it went for me:

I approached two girls about 6 and 5 sitting down. I said:

Me:Hi
Her:Hi
Me: I think your really pretty
Her: Thanks
..........blah blah blah..............got her number but accidentally called her right away and hung up. She called back and i didnt answer. Nexted her already.
This guy sounds like a huge doosh!!!!!!

Ditch the wingman who is insecure, and makes fun of your approaches. You def don't need negativity around you. It will discourage your approaches and ruin your whole mind set. Just keep on doing approaches practice makes perfect........

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HarlequinMan said:
This was the hardest approach ive EVER had.

6 girls sitting at a table talking: All are 7's and above

I got up and talk to the hottest girl a 9. ( my first 9 approach)

Me: I think your really pretty *mess up here i think
Her: thanks
Blah Blah
All of the other 5 girls were laughing their asses off while i did this. I think they laughed because I was a bit nervous.
I asked her number and got denied "I have a boyfriend"

What can I do better next time?
Good journal, here's what I think of your latest approach

When you go into a group, dont approach the hottest one first, approach everyone so that they are less likely to c0ckblock/laugh @ you and the hotter one starts to gain interest in you coz u dont come to her like most guys do. Props on going in on a 6 set and the only way to lose the nervousness is to keep doing stuff that makes you nervous until you lose the fear. What you need to realize is that what happened to you on that approach is THE worst thing that could happen. How does it feel getting the worst possible scenario out of the way already? I tell you what, it feels pretty empowering. Congrats man and keep it up

Also, your wing is insecure, but most guys are concerning girls. If he is a cool guy then just dont talk girls around him. Not every guy can be a wingman