hairstyle

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by vdk
The best hairstyle is this one:
http://www.venushairdesign.co.uk/images/styles/crew_man99_04_w360.jpg

Absolutely flawless. The sides arnt so short like 99% of guys that you can see their scalp. Top is messed up in a neat sort of way, so you can go into a office with that haircut. Product used is more likely wax or moulding paste so it looks more natural. Garanteeed chick magnet this cut...

How do you use wax to get that look. When I use it is still looks greasy and not dry. Is bedhead a good firm and what product should I use. I want dry spikes.

trevor2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
My hair has been pretty shaggy the past year or so.

I kinda have the John Rambo look on the go!

Shaggy/Medium length hair is cool!

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm amazed that nobody has mentioned that you need to warm the gel/paste/glue, either by rubbing it between your fingertips or by rubbing it in the palm of your hand(s) before creating whatever style you're going for. This doubles the effectiveness of the product you are using - ask any stylist.

Here are a few hairstyle links for guys:

http://www.hair-styles.org/ms1.html
http://www.georgecaroll.com/malegalleries.htm
http://beauty.about.com/cs/hairformen/
http://www.askmen.com/fashion/trends_60/78_fashion_men.html
http://www.hairdos.com/frameset.htm
http://www.makeoverstudio.com - This is really the best way to see how you look with different hairstyles and it's absolutely free. You will need to create an account with a password. Also, it would be best if you had a headshot photo of yourself in a file format (jpeg or gif). This way you can use your face and experiment with different cuts and styles using their website. When you decide which ones you would like to try, just print them out and take them to a good top-of-the-line hair stylist.

(That last link and text were taken from www.getgirls.com/tips386.htm)

Amazing what you can find when you spend 10 seconds googling it instead of being lazy and asking other people to do your work for you, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Tip for next time: Be creative, try googling things like 'guys hair style', 'male hair style', 'male haircut'... then try google's image search.

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no one 'best' hairstyle.. a hairstyle that is very popular might not look good. It's hard to recommend a hairstyle without knowing your facial shape, etc, since your hairstyle should accent the edges/curves of your face.

I'd recommend paying a few more bucks to go to a good stylist, and then talk to him/her before getting your hair cut, work out what you want. If it works afterwards, you can get a picture taken of your hair and ask a cheaper stylist to duplicate it next time you need to get it cut.

As for me, my hair is medium-long, cut in layers, front parted 70-30, and the back is spiked back... top messy, dry spikes, with base dye and highlights. Takes about five minutes to fix, pretty fast stuff.

o14liquid

Don Juan
Reaction score
being asian my hair was kinda hard to style, t'was a beotch in high school. then my senior year i just shaved it all off. went for that semi 5 day bald hair look. the girls liked it but it usually just attracted the hiphop bad girl types. i tried letting it grow but couldn't do nofin wit my hair (prolly cuz i used the cheap brand shyte to style my hair). i had it longer and went for the old school jerry curls :cool: but couldn't find nofin that makes my hair stay wet other than grease (dont liek grease) so i reshaved it. letting it regrow now tho....trying to see if i can go wit a messy style (gonna use teh expensive products this time around)

but what i know, just try to get a hairstyle that fits the shape of your head. you dont want to shave your head if you have a funny shaped head. what i've done in the past was find a picture of a hairstyle i wanted to see what i looked like and then took a picture of my head and pasted teh hair onto my head.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Styling it up in the Anything Else Forum.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I should warm wax before applying it? Also I read somewhere that when you blow dry gel it looks dry, but I can't achieve that!

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a hair do like brad pit in fight club (similar to it)

i had pretty short hair (get a 7 on sides and just clipped up top). To get the hair the way i want it I:
take a shower then towel dry it but leave it a little damp

then i apply AMERICAN CREW FIBER (its paste and the best ive used and ive gone through lots... well just ICE-hair manipulator and a Patiene one)... i get about a pea size of the paste in my hand, then rub it in my hands vigourously tilll its really spread out and almost likea liquid... then i rub ALL MY HAIR with it from BACK TO FRONT and just shake the fvck out of it... then i style it how i want it (should be able to control it anyway you want it) and after you are done messing with it your hair will stay that way unless a hurricane hits it... the dryer your hair upon application is and the less amount of paste you use will make your hair look dryer but if your hair is wet it will make it look a little wetter and stay that way

ive gotten TONS of compliments on it by chicks they LOVE this look... downside is it makes your hair really sticky and when girls rub your hands through it.... ehh enough you get the idea

hope this helps

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't tell you how grateful I am man. I've been trying to find that out but just no body couldn't tell me how to do it. Could I use bedhead products to get that doo(and which one?). If I have a face that is round-squareish , so could that be a good hairstyle because it makes my face look longer.
When I towel dry I just put hair spray and it's fine but stil looks wet:confused:

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have to wash your hair every day?

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think i might die my hair and get it cut a little bit as my hair is getting a bit darker. Does your hair get a bit darker in winter time and lighter in summer?

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by napoleon
Do you have to wash your hair every day?
glad i could help, i know how frustrating it can be to ask a simple questions and get answers to everything BUT your question

and my bad, the product i used before was "bed head: manipulator" (teal pasty thing) sh1t smells good and works well but i found AMERICAN CREW FIBER to be better (doesnt make it look as wet and you can mold your hair better)

and wash my hair everyday? lol

i take 2 showers, 1 in monring, and 1 at night (after i workout)

dont do the towel dry then hair spray unless you have short hair or dont care how you look

after 20 mins your hair will look like sh1t

this stuff lasts until you wash your hair again

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's another link:

http://www.matrix.com/products/trix/index.aspx

Check out the "Visit the Trix Minisite" - it gives you step by step tutorials on how to style your hair using various products, depending on the look you want to pull off. I used that 'Dirtytrix' yesterday (they have it at JCPenney right next to where I work, so I went in and got some samples) and the girl I'm currently seeing noticed and liked the change. I'm pretty sure they have cheaper alternatives out there though, but the site is still useful.

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is bedhead expensive. I don't have american crew in my country but have bedhead so would manipulator me good?Or bedhead stick. Are their products worth the price?

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what type of beef you guys have with cheaper products. I use a lot of cheaper products and I've never had any complaints. I actually prefer the cheaper ones. If you know how to use them they can actually be better then the one's you get from salons.

Though as a note* my friend works at the a beauty shop so I get big discounts on expensive hair supplies so I keep a few of them in my bathroom for 'curb appeal' but never use them. I have four different Crew supplies. Pomade, Fiber, Grroming, and Forming cream. Along with bedhead, and a bunch of gels.

I think pomade's more in style. The only gells I'd recomend are the newer liquid ones. They give you a dry look with theform of a gel.

If your really looking into getting a good look I'd recomend buying a bunch of hair products and seeing which ones look best. If you still have gels you can make them a little more liquidy by watering them down. My altime favorite of pomade is Citre' shine.
If you water down your hair add a dash of loreal liquid gel, add a dash of citre shine, and cream it up and soften it with a softening cream(fat boy playful) then dry it with a towel and add another half pea of citre shine. It looks great. Looks beter then any of the more expensive products.

For a good haircut I'd recomend a five on the sides with a quarter inch longer then finger lenght on top. all blended together. BAngs should reach around the eyebrow tops.

That'l give you a clean groomed look pushed down and a fresh look(like in the picture) up.

Matters on the girl you like.

Bad girls go for bald head.
Latino's and bad girls noramlly go for short hair.
Long hairs normally for the good girl with the bad side and the preppy girl.

^generally from my experience

Round heads should never go bald or short. Makes you look fat and people will call you cueball. lol

to longen one's head one shoul go shorte on the sides and longer on top. Long bangs help and long sidebuns(not sixties ones that look like boots.)

to roughen your jaw line grow a small amount of hair on your jawline. Do not grow a mustach.

Shave off any unibrow you have.

Make sure to shave the back of your next every once in a while.

learn how to cut your own hair.
I cut it and people think its professinally done. Like at a salon.
When your getting your hair cut pay attention and ask questions.

To cut the back use mirriors and practice before you cut. measure twice cut once. using your arms or sting or whatever to get it straight helps.

Cut your hair wet.

Trim it with clippers dry and take a shower before clipping ot chutting this will prevent damage from dirt to your tools.

If you have bushy eyebrows trim them and try and fix them if they are really bad go to a professional. Nothing worse then having half an eyebrown.

To roughen your face but corn husk oil on it.

To soften your face there are oils you can put on it. Also using face masks wil help.

Work on your stare in the mirror. If you get in the habit of how you look at people you'll do it naturally. The you won't look like a fool trying to put on a sexy face.

If your in hotter weather and in a place that reaches 80-100's naturally in summer trim your armpits. If your in colder weather keep your armpit longer.

Don't bite your nails. Keep your nails clean. women notice this. If you have dirty nails or hands this is a turnoff.

If your supper hairy and look like the missing link. Trim your body hair.

Body hair can look good if it's light and put in the right places. If it's too much it looks awful or on the wrong person.

That's pretty much my list of things I've noticed and heard you should do. I'm probably missing a bunch but hope it helps.

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is turning out to be the best hairstyle thread ever:) !!!

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
pat not to offend. But that hairs kinda sick. And not in a good way. It looks like you mexican or porto rican or someting. seriously I'd change the doo.