hairloss and pick ups

Cinch501

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 29 + noticed last year that I was getting a bit thin on top. Since then Ive shaved my head really short+you can clearly see the my hairline is receding too. I like my new shaved look, I actually prefer it, makes you feel more manly, but still I dont wanna lose anymore hair. My main worry is it ll make me look older+less attractive. Has losing your hair affected your pick up success? Are women bothered whether a man has hair or not?

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shallow women who place an emphasis on superficial things that or what kind of car you drive probably would be bothered by it.

Women who have some substance to their personalities probably won't have a problem with it.

I have a receding hairline (not to far, yet), and I can't say if it's been a hindrance, but then again, I think I'm invisible (not literally).

Jamo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm

Well you can never prevent hairloss. But instead then focus on your fitness level - it can counterbalance the lack of turf on top.

Cinch501

Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny you should say that but Ive upped my workouts 100%. My thought was if I am gonna be a baldy then I ll be a big, muscle bound baldy. Im thinkin along the lines of Vin Diesel. Anyhow Ive put on a good stone in weight over the past 4 months+aint put on much fat.
I know hairloss happens to most men at some point, I jus feel a bit young for it to be happening to me. I know Im lucky though Ive heard of some guys losing it in their late teens!

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it only matters when you attempt the comb-over, or otherwise try to hide it. my forehead is a wee bit bigger than it was 10 years ago. i keep my hair on the shorter side, about an inch in length. i have a professional messed up look to it. occasionally, i get it chopped even shorter.

for the little bit of gray on the sides. "Just For Men" baby. that stuff works great...was surprised. five minutes and poof, gone. lasts for about 4 weeks. my sisters husband admitted he uses it. i had no clue.

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say it only matters to the most superficial of women.

I agree with the other posters. If you are going to be bald, you might as well be a bald guy who is in really good shape. A bald guy with muscles like Van Diesel gets many women's panties wet.
And there are alot of hot girls who dig that tough look.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cinch501:
I dont wanna lose anymore hair.
There is a new laster treatment technique which for $4,000 (for the first year) stimulates hair growth but only for parts of the scalp where hair is thinning and not completely gone. I have been going bald for the past three or four years, ever since I hit 22. Personally, I take aging in stride and adjust to changes rather than resist.

A few years ago I began shaving my head and it drastically improved my confidence and attractiveness to the ladies, because beforehand I had horribly styled hair (but never knew it) and it made me look much older than I actually am. I looked like an creepy bastard. If anyone has seen the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry gets a bad haircut, that was my hair all the time.

For the first year, I shaved my head every two to three days, but after a year that grew tiredsome. Now I shave my head about once every one or two months and most of the time not all the way to the scalp but leaving a slight buzz. I find that even though I look much better shaved than with hair, I look even better with some hair rather than no hair at all.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Propecia

Worked for me! I started thinning on the top and got Propecia, and the thinning stopped.

TheTrimReaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have been suffering from hair loss for about 13 years. I have tried everything and spent vast amounts of time on trying to keep my hair. Really, there are three choices:

1) Shave it. If you are big, have a nice head, and aren't too pale, you can pull it off. I, personally, look like a chemo patient with a shaved head.

2)Meds. Propecia, Dutasteride, Minoxidil, Zandrox, DMSO, Zinc/B6. You can take meds, and they will help keep the hair you've got (I actually regrew some with Propecia and Zandrox 12.5%) but there are side effects. Propecia affected me slowly and after a while, I had a mental fog. I also had a lowered libido. But like I said, it was so gradual, I couldn't notice when it happened.

3) Hairpiece. No, they are not rugs anymore. The new ones are so good, no one will know. Trust me. No one will know. I wear one, and nobody knows!!! It doesn't take much maintenance once you've got it down. And they are totally cheap off the internet. I get mine from Toplace, but Coolpiece also has some nice ones. These are custom made, so the color is perfect. And you can have any hairstyle you want, even a crew cut.

That's it. Years of Internet knowledge in three paragraphs.:D I don't think women are bothered if you are bald and look like Brad Pitt. But for us mere mortals, we can look a lot better with a nicely styled head of hair.

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cinch501
Im 29 + noticed last year that I was getting a bit thin on top. Since then Ive shaved my head really short+you can clearly see the my hairline is receding too. I like my new shaved look, I actually prefer it, makes you feel more manly, but still I dont wanna lose anymore hair. My main worry is it ll make me look older+less attractive. Has losing your hair affected your pick up success? Are women bothered whether a man has hair or not?

GO GET SOME GODDAMN ROGAINE AND STOP MAKING ME WASTE TIME READING THESE POSTS!!!

Don't you realize I have a compulsive disorder that won't let me ignore stupid posts like this? Bastards ... all of you!

Seriously, get rogaine (will cost $15 a month or less)

try Propecia (I think thats what its called)

shave your head.

Problem solved.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheTrimReaper
Hey everyone,

I have been suffering from hair loss for about 13 years....
"suffering" from hair loss? interesting choice of words?

Spill The Wine

Reaction score
So, if you're balding and women don't find you attractive then they're superficial? I don't think so. They don't find you attractive, so be it. Yes, chasing a car or cash is superficial but not finding you physically attractive for whatever reason doesn't equate to superficiality. Are all of you out there not married to a 450 pound woman superficial? You can't force yourself to be physically attracted to somebody. All we have to do is rid the world of the superficial and everybody will be happy and attracted to one another. Right?

That being said, I lost my hair at a young age. I also look young for my age. Now I shave it completly and do better with the women than when I was younger. Some of it is form becoming a man and carrying myself as such but the shaved head certainly hasn't hurt.

Cinch501

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Spill the wine, have you found that many women actually prefer the bald look? Have you grown facial hair to make up for the lack of it on your head?

Spill The Wine

Reaction score
I have had a number of women say they prefer a shaved head. I've also had even more show unmistakable interest and not mention if it were a preference or not. It's like anything else. Some will prefer it, some don't care one way or another and some won't like it. Do what YOU like and the rest will fall into place.

As for facial hair, I prefer a nice, trimmed goatee. My supervisor was giving me a rash about facial hair lately so I shaved it all off. I look young for my age and when I'm clean shaven I look like a little kid. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but I don't seem to be getting as many looks and play, over the last 2 weeks, as when I had the goatee. Could just be coincidence though.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
It takes 5 minutes with my MachIII Turbo, every other day to make my dome smooth as glass.

And yes, Women LOVE bald men. They don't however, like balding men who try to hide it. Example; that goddamned combover.

If you confront your baldness headon and deal with it shows you're confidant in yourself.

Tried, Tested and True.

Cinch501

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers Karma, thats the root Im planning on going down. Ive already cut it down as close as I can wi the clippers.Felt loads better after doing it, alot more confident +thats what matters in this game.
Do you ever post on headshave central?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been going bald since my early 20's. It bothered me by the time I got to my mid to later 20's so I started shaving it and haven't looked back since.

I took Propecia for awhile, but eventually said SCREW IT and chucked the meds. Why try to grow a little bit when you shave it anyways?

Most of the problem with balding is in YOUR HEAD though.....I haven't had a problem hooking up with good looking women since I started going bald. Don't let it get to you.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Originally posted by Cinch501
Cheers Karma, thats the root Im planning on going down. Ive already cut it down as close as I can wi the clippers.Felt loads better after doing it, alot more confident +thats what matters in this game.
Do you ever post on headshave central?

Brother, I wasn't aware of headshave central? What is it?