Guys who are persistent and "wear down" a woman

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if any of you have heard stories of guys who fell madly in love with a woman, and she wasn't interested in him at all. But he was persistent, kept bringing her flowers or buying her gifts or doing crazy things to get her attention. And eventually his persistence paid off and she fell for him. If any of you have heard a story like this, how does this reconcile with the idea of just going along enjoying your own life, and making the WOMEN earn YOUR love?

And I guess in stories like I'm thinking of, the guy is trying to get the woman to be in love with him, not just have sex with him. Although the latter is more common by far. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this or even knows what I'm talking about? :p

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, My dad!

Reaction score
Wow, I wonder if this would work for the girl that dumped me. I mean, ever since she dumped me I have ignored her and she hasn't come back.

Should I call her right now and beg her to come back? Or maybe I should send flowers to her door with chocolate...

Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
Wow, I wonder if this would work for the girl that dumped me. I mean, I have been doing the proper thing and have ignored her for over a month.

Maybe if I beg her I will have a chance? :moon:
Well I'm not suggesting this as the way to go about it. These are pretty obscure stories I'm talking about, and the DJ approach from what I've read has been proven to work (especially the part about not being attached to having this or that woman in particular, or oneitis). I'm just asking about these anomolies (sp?) that I've heard about. Why does that approach (focusing on one woman you want and persisting when she isn't interested) work sometimes? Does it depend on the guy, on the woman, what? Just curious.

Reaction score
I was kidding of course I would never do that! haha I had you going there!

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i ve heard a bunch of stories like this from my dad's generation and my grandparents'. Most of those marriages ended up ****ty, so maybe the girl should have listened to her original instincts...

Reaction score
I think the "begging" tactic may have worked 30 years ago when our parents were young, but this is a new generation. The only thing persistance will get you in 2008, is a kick in the balls.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard and seen stories like this unfold right in front of my eyes. Most of these men have already been cheated on, or been dumped by their girl. Those who haven't yet, most likely will.

I don't like to stereotype women. But if there is one thing you're going to stereotype a woman about, it's her general animosity towards over generous, almost creepy men. Sure, you will find some desperate women out there who want to be pampered and enjoy it. Chances are, you can do a lot better than her.. most likely looks AND personality wise.

Relationships are give and take. It's like 2 opposite poles and you must keep them in balance. If you give too much, a woman will learn she can take as much as she wants. If you take too much, a woman will feel unloved. But if you take when necessary and give when it is deserved, a woman will appreciate it much more. Random gifts are nice, but they mean so much more to a woman when she has earned it. She has EARNED you. You're a prize. Once you start acting like you're less of a prize, your price tag drops down.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theoretically, a real man could do those things to get a woman's attention, and she might appreciate him for it. But no amount of gifts will earn affection for a chump.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things like this happen in the movies and sitcoms all the time.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
Things like this happen in the movies and sitcoms all the time.
That was the first thing I thought when I read the first post.

Unfortunately that stuff doesn't fly in the real world.

tomcat2007

Don Juan
Reaction score
Isnt this similiar to the needy, nice guy behavior-the male who suffers from oneitis all the time? Thats my take on it. Cheers!

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
CasanovaFrankenstein said:
I'm just wondering if any of you have heard stories of guys who fell madly in love with a woman, and she wasn't interested in him at all. But he was persistent, kept bringing her flowers or buying her gifts or doing crazy things to get her attention. And eventually his persistence paid off and she fell for him. If any of you have heard a story like this, how does this reconcile with the idea of just going along enjoying your own life, and making the WOMEN earn YOUR love?

And I guess in stories like I'm thinking of, the guy is trying to get the woman to be in love with him, not just have sex with him. Although the latter is more common by far. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this or even knows what I'm talking about? :p
That used to happen along time ago ... but it still happens in movies though just dont expect it in real life....LOL Persistent men are called pervs, weirdos stalkers, creepy etc..

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CasanovaFrankenstein said:
I'm just wondering if any of you have heard stories of guys who fell madly in love with a woman, and she wasn't interested in him at all. But he was persistent, kept bringing her flowers or buying her gifts or doing crazy things to get her attention. And eventually his persistence paid off and she fell for him. ?

Sure I've heard and seen stories. Hollywood 1985 Breakfast Club, Hollywood 1986 Pretty in Pink, Hollywood 1998 She's All That, Hollywood 1992 Basic Instinct - no wait, that's my dream.

And I guess in stories like I'm thinking of, the guy is trying to get the woman to be in love with him, not just have sex with him.

LOL. That goes against everything this site teaches.
You can try it. Just make sure the girl hasnt' eaten breakfast because you might see it in reverse.

Infamous J

Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
rofl...that is awesome.

My worst experience with a girl, and the one I look back on and think "wow, if I were to write a book on what not to do, that would have been it", was when I tried to pursue and woo her.

It DOES NOT work, only makes them run in the opposite direction. Not only that but you'll lose every last shred of pride and self dignity in the process.

Don't do it.