Great Bodylanguage Fixes/Exercises (walking & posture)

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Reposting a tip I posted on Playboylifestyle forums...

Walking: Lead From Your Hips

This is something that will instantly improve your body language, and cause women to notice you wherever you go.

Most men move forward with their chest or their head leading the way, however you want to lead from your hips.

Just pretend as if there is a giant string tied to your belt that is gently pulling you along as you are walking.

Just try it out now for a second. First walk around and pretend that there's a string tied to your head and it's gently pulling you along, then your chest, and finally your belt. Do you feel that shift??! Don't you feel more alpha right away?

It's really easy, do it until it's internalized and second nature... It made a big difference for me. I

don't know why but this is biologically rooted in women and they just respond to it.

Posture: Lift Your Chest

"Lift" your chest.

When you lift your chest towards the sky, it practically forces you to align your body into a powerfully masculine position.

Give it a shot. You also automatically slow down your movements, become relaxed and eliminate alot of... fidgety movements. For example, as you're sitting in your chair kindof lift your shoulders and maybe slump over a bit (bad, nervous bodylanguage). Now lift up your chest. Your back becomes straight, your head comes up from its nod and those shoulders go down to a relaxed position.

You can do this whenever, doesn't matter if you're sitting, standing, or walking...

If you aren't sure how to position yourself, just kick back and "lift your chest".

If you totally exaggerate it, it'll look fake. But when you do it in a way that feels natural it fixes alotta stuff at once... congruently.

MagicMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's kind of wierd but it does make me feel a little more ****y to walk that way. Thanks for the tips.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
good tip man my coach once told me about this, i just didnt follow.

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MagicMike
That's kind of wierd but it does make me feel a little more ****y to walk that way. Thanks for the tips.

Just as a note, don't swing your arms around alot when you walk, just go with what feels natural when doing this.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Posture is sooooooooo important.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Newsflash: If a girl is not attracted to your facial features, body languange is NOT going to make a difference whatsoever.

Sorry, but facts is facts..

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is really an excellent tip. I had such a hard time with posture, but once I started with the "rope" technique, I'm *much* more comfortable with my walk. I actually feel like a model walking down a runway.

Keep your chin up, too. If you've been looking down your while life, it will feel unnatural at first, almost like you're snobby. But stick withit for awhile. Also, check yourself out in the mirror....you'll see that your chin isn't really as high as you think it is.

Be sure to move your arms at least *a little*. I know some guys at work who walk without moving their arms at all, and it just looks creepy.

sux2bu, I think body language can add a lot. If you have borderline looks, good posture can put you over the top.

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guys, in on my Spring Break, i was walking with much confidence, but i wasnt tryin to look like a douschebag. I was simply trying to use my bodylanguage and posture to convey my confidence. Well my friends either were right about me or they had just never seen it before but they noticed a new strut to me and they said that my walk suggested to them that i looked like i wanted to kick someones ass. This was coming from 2 friends who are ****y guys. Your thoughts? Good or bad?

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sux2bu
Newsflash: If a girl is not attracted to your facial features, body languange is NOT going to make a difference whatsoever.

Sorry, but limiting beliefs are limiting beliefs.

Those kinds of comments and beliefs are the thing that **** guys up.

Edit: yeah, with the hands, just let them move as they naturally move, I meant don't swing them Unnaturally (you know those overcompensating strutting guys)

DrSoSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
This has some validation. Notice how movie actors like Arnold Swartzeneggar or Clint Eastwood walk. Arnold as a terminator walks patiently with a strut from his hips when he kills people. Clint Eastwood does the same thing when he is about to kill off several guys in a couple seconds.

If you want examples of guys who do not walk from their hips, check out the tv shows Will and Grace or Friends. All the men walk as if the women have strings pulling on them.

And yes to the poster way above me, attractive face/body does play a part - but tell that to the women who don't go for homosexual handsome men who are seemingly better looking than straight men.

Green_Day

Don Juan
Reaction score

I've read some of BadBoys posts and they were extremely insightful and body language does make a difference. Good looks show that you get female attention and have good genes and she can be proud to be with you. With alpha body language you are showing you get female attention. You can also easily convey everything else through conversation as well. If you limit your beliefs then you limit your success. Jippii's right those comments do **** guys up and people may actually believe you. Looks are important but so are other things. Your saying that you'd treat someone who was looking at the floor walking with no pride what-so-ever as someone who walks with pride, confidence and acts like they get laid every day?

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Posture and good body language does quite a bit more for you than just making you look good. If you have good posture, you are more easily approachable, you come off as open and friendly, and it really brings out your personality. When you become more sociable and friendly, your posture will become better naturally and tips like these will be relatively insignificant.

Delta Male

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good BL tip Jipii. Although I have to say, that it is much better to have someone demonstrate it to you in real life, than to read it on the internet and try to implement it. I see some guys who try to implement BL tips that they read on the internet, and it looks weird and fake.

Nocturnal also brings up a good point, when your inner beliefs are right, your BL with naturally follow. However, to a certain extent, it also works the other way. If you have BL congruent with someone who is confident and outgoing, you become more confident and outgoing. Of course good BL alone won't make you more confident and outgoing, you also have to work on your inner beliefs directly through inner game exercises and affirmations if you find them helpful, but most importantly Field Experience .

Dan

Dan, the cool RSI intern
http://www.rapidsocialimpact.com