Grass is greaner and unsure

happyman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend is great, shes everything a bloke could ask for in a woman, and she loves me alot. The only thing bad I could say about her is that she is abit clingy sometimes and isnt much of a challenge, but Ive spoken to her about it and she understands and is willing to sort it.

Anyway, we were seeing each other for 3 months and have been officaly going out for 8, so a total of 11 months!

But out of nowhere I seem to be looking at other women and being interested in them. I think to myself id love to have sex with them and I want to talk to them. Looking at girls on facebook e.t.c.

Grass is greener syndrome perhaps?

I also feel unsure about how I feel towards her. It just come out of nowhere really.

Am I in the "unsure" stage of a relationship?

Ive spoken to my Dad about it and he said if I finish it I'll regret it because shes a brilliant girl and theres not many girls like her around.

He did the same thing with a girl he was going out with when he was younger and he still regrets it to this day (hes not with my mum and it wasnt my mum haha before her)

I do suffer abit with depression so I dont know if this is having a impact.
Sometimes I feel emotionlly numb. Sometimes it happens if I have spent too much time with her and not done anything else.

I think if I saw her with another bloke I would feel jealous.

All of this has been going round and round and round my head. Ive been over analysising and its making me worry about IF I dont actually like her anymore?!

Any thoughts?

HyperAnalyze

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing I have to say about this is that you should wait and see what the future holds.

I'm going to guess that you are really young. There are too many underlying problems that are too preposterous to answer.

But in short. No its normal if you are looking at other women. Like just the tale of the scorpion and the frog.

happyman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha Im 22, 23 in march. Im very grown up for my age as I had to move out at 17 so since then its been a steep learning cerve.

I have done all the partying and shagging about, its not as if this is my first "long term" girlfriend either, but in the past they turned out to be total *****es. I get a nice one and out of no where bang I feel like this!

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
really I don't think moving out means you are any mature or would make you mature just for that event.

but on your problem what I can say is let time go looking around is ok, if possible try to spend a week without seeing her, if possible try to work hard this week so she ask why you tell her its a busy week and after work is done you want to rest, then see if you feel anything