Graduation

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Along with many of you, I'm now officially out of high school. The university scene is what we have to look forward to now, which is completely different than high school. Which brings me to my point - we should have a college forum. We should have a college forum. NDJ make it happen?

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will take it up with Allen. Remember that we will probably still remain here even if there is no college forum, thus the HS forum will sort of become a college forum too.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Proposal was rejected. There is simply not enough users here in the appropriate age in order to make such a big step as to make a new forum for it. Also there was seen little need for such a forum.

TheMusic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:( That's too bad. In my opinion college gaming will be a lot different, cause you interact a lot with a big group of people, also from other schools, you go live somewhere without your parents, so you have more privacy and possibilities to go out, and reputation becomes less important...

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
More important.
Umm probs not at my 30,000 person university. Random girl at party will have NO idea what my reputation is. (Even so, I'll have a good reputation). Reputation at my 400 person high school was everything, everyone knew you.

I've thought about this too. I'm not sure if I'll stay on sosuave. Maybe I'll drop in now and again, but I'm probably going to be looking for a college game forum.

Mindgamez

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I'm graduating too this year man... I might leave for another forum too but I'll come back here from time to time. But let's not forget the bootcamp!

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys really should read Conquer Your Campus and HPRJ's journal. Reputation in university is a beast in which you can make work for you to levels not even possible in high school. Think about it. If you make it work for you since day 1, youve got 4 years to build a social empire. Reputation has greater potential in uni.

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LearningSlowly said:
Umm probs not at my 30,000 person university. Random girl at party will have NO idea what my reputation is. (Even so, I'll have a good reputation). Reputation at my 400 person high school was everything, everyone knew you.

I've thought about this too. I'm not sure if I'll stay on sosuave. Maybe I'll drop in now and again, but I'm probably going to be looking for a college game forum.
Agreed.
Being the alpha of your crew is important, but as a whole...less important than hs. That being said however, the perfect 10s will go for those who have status because of a sports team or are the alpha of a frat etc...But overall, less important.

Also, let me know if you find a college gaming forum because I'll transfer with you.

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coming at it from the other side, if you already have a bad reputation, in college its easier to find a whole new group that doesn't know about your old reputation and can accept you (might take a few tries though). In high school the "popular" group is easily identified and it tends to be exclusive, so reputation becomes very limiting.

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LearningSlowly said:
Coming at it from the other side, if you already have a bad reputation, in college its easier to find a whole new group that doesn't know about your old reputation and can accept you (might take a few tries though). In high school the "popular" group is easily identified and it tends to be exclusive, so reputation becomes very limiting.
True.

What it boils down to is there's thousands of kids at a university.

But only the hottest girls will go for those guys that have the most widespread reputation. EX: Sports team or frat alpha.

^This was also true in hs.

But now...

There's also other girls who are just as hot and even hotter, who can be pulled by guys like us.