Grad Student fishing in the undergrad sea?

salvosom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the situation: I am a 26 y/o grad student at a big(ish) state university in the midwest. I've met a 20 y/o undergrad (sweet!) at a halloween party last week; got her number, and got in contact with her. She's an international student here for a semester and she seems interested.

general question: What sort of activities can a guy my age do with a girl her age, especially since going out for a drink is not possible ?

I was debating whether just inviting her over to my place for a movie or something would be good or make sound creepy. opinions?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
salvosom said:
Here's the situation: I am a 26 y/o grad student at a big(ish) state university in the midwest. I've met a 20 y/o undergrad (sweet!) at a halloween party last week; got her number, and got in contact with her. She's an international student here for a semester and she seems interested.

general question: What sort of activities can a guy my age do with a girl her age, especially since going out for a drink is not possible ?

I was debating whether just inviting her over to my place for a movie or something would be good or make sound creepy. opinions?
What's with all the 26 yr old guys freaking out over hanging with a 20 yr old?

I got 10 years on you and I still hang out with women that age......IT'S NO BIG DEAL

salvosom

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok then, do you mind sharing your wisdom?

I'm not freaking out per se ... but I've just got used to going out for drinks with girls at the beginning, that I'm not sure about the alternative when a girl's too young to get into bars.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-
Just do whatever you WANT to do. If that's whatver she and her friends are doing, that's cool, too.
-
If it's a movie at your place, cool too.

--

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just messin with ya dude.

For an underage chick you're just gonna have to make do with what you got.

I don't necessarily condone the movie thing early on, but I'm with Alias....do what you want and if that happens to be a movie at home then....oh well.

Matter of fact I'm breaking that rule myself tonite. Too much drinking and partying lately with Halloween and my birthday and all, so I got a chick coming over for a Blockbuster night. And she's in her 30's. I suppose it's good that she wants to get cozy as opposed to going out getting into trouble and spending a bunch of money. Sometimes getting her to your place is half the battle.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
salvosom said:

Just standing around drinking is a crummy first date anyway. Take her out somewhere for something enjoyable: pool (my first-date go-to), bowling, mini-golf...then see if she feels like coming back for a movie. (although many girls won't go for it until the second date) Or go to a museum, concert, other event. Plenty of stuff that you can do that you wouldn't normally just up-and-do with another dude. If you're gonna go to a restaurant for a meal, go to one of those brazilian steakhouses or japanese places where they serve the food up in front of you.

BTW, there's nothing wrong with a 26yo guy dating a 20yo girl.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was 28, and in college I was undergrad and dating a 20 year old undergrad. I laid her too.

Not all date stuff is about bars. There's movies, mini golf, sports bars usually allow minors, ect.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Consider she is an international student: watching movie at your place is not a bad idea at all. Watch whatever movie you want....

salvosom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Hey all,

thanks for the replies ... didn't read the later ones till now. ..

I took her bowling, brought her back home to watch the movie, started making out in the middle of the movie, made out for quite a bit of time, but she was uncomfortable with my hand going below the belt :p so i let it go ...

I'm assuming it's just a i-don't-have-sex-on-the-first-date thing, so I'll give her another chance. Will keep you updated!

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:rockon:

That's exactly what happened with my 20 year old!

Here was the progression:

First date = make out

First week = Her bra off

2nd week = me finger her

3rd week = me going down on her,

3rd week + = sex

Anyway, as you and I have shown, 20 year olds love guys in their late twenties! Have fun!

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever onward said:
:rockon:

That's exactly what happened with my 20 year old!

Here was the progression:

First date = make out

First week = Her bra off

2nd week = me finger her

3rd week = me going down on her,:nono:

3rd week + = sex

Anyway, as you and I have shown, 20 year olds love guys in their late twenties! Have fun!
I was expecting her going down on YOU. Well, the end resul is all that matter.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
What's with all the 26 yr old guys freaking out over hanging with a 20 yr old?

I got 10 years on you and I still hang out with women that age......IT'S NO BIG DEAL
Have you noticed that it's the guys that are almost half our age are the ones who are seem twice as boring as someone twice our age? It's as if their entertainment has to revolve around alcohol and if someone can't partake in that, there isn't any reason for their existence! :crackup:

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:
I was expecting her going down on YOU. Well, the end resul is all that matter.
Well actually I didn't go down on her until she went down first. That's why I held off. :whistle:

salvosom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Have you noticed that it's the guys that are almost half our age are the ones who are seem twice as boring as someone twice our age? It's as if their entertainment has to revolve around alcohol and if someone can't partake in that, there isn't any reason for their existence! :crackup:
Dude ... I resent that ...

I don't like to feel like I have to explain myself to a keyboard jockey who gets a kick out of flaming other posters ... but I just have to ...

My visits to this site had become few and far between after I picked up a lot of awesome tips and points of view from many many people. In truth, my greatest mentor was my 50 year old uncle who was serious DJ back in the days; and now I kind of regret exposing myself to the sarcasm of some geriatric loser... in retrospect, i guess it's my fault ...

Anyway, I had a question so I asked; I didn't even wait to get the replies but went out with the girl and had a great time. I'm new in my college town from the East coast, and I haven't been with younger girls before. Which is why I thought it might be appropriate to ask.

Glad to know you have a really high opinion of yourself, grandpa; I certainly don't. And if you think you're very entertaining, I'm pretty sure you're not. And in what universe does a guy who goes to have a good conversation with a girl over a drink every now and then an alcoholic whose "entertainment has to revolve around alcohol and if someone can't partake in that, there isn't any reason for their existence!" ?? I can't even begin to fathom the level of stupidity (or substance abuse) needed needed to produce such bullsh** ...

Have a great night flaming other guys :moon:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
salvosom said:
Dude ... I resent that ...
See what too much drinking gets 'ya, belligerence and bitterness... That and a fragile ego. Oh well... You keep sarging those 20 year old undergrads, they're easier to sarge when they're naive and drunk.

salvosom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
See what too much drinking gets 'ya, belligerence and bitterness... That and a fragile ego.
nope, dude ... i tried to type in a rather polite and reserved response. It was a little bitter, but definitely not belligerent It's great that you're experienced with the ladies; even better that you're revered as some sort of guru on this forum. However, that really doesn't give you free rein to ridicule other people for your own fun. I think the common law of decency of doing unto others as you would like done unto you should always, always apply. That's why I felt I had to type a reply to your demeaning words.

And your assumptions about my drinking habits are , interesting, for lack of a better word. Makes me wonder about your drinking ...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
salvosom said:
...Makes me wonder about your drinking ...
Hey, if that's how you want to spend your time more power to 'ya. :rolleyes: