Got the number but in a wrong way?

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a 27 year old teacher and met a 22 year old teacher at a convention. Talked to her at lunch and got her number like this,

"If you ever need advice on teaching or anything maybe I could contact you" She gave me her number.

That was on Tuesday, haven't spoke to her since and might see her on Thursday since thats when the convention ends.

Did I put myself in the friendzone by asking her for her number this way or should I proceed?

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fyi

She teaches a different subject and I can only see her once in a while (lunch possible breaks). I will say this though when I first talked to her she looked terrible/no make up/sweats etc. Today, totally dolled up, make up looked much better. I know I am reading to much into this.

outplayed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro that was a very AFC way of asking her. That is exactly why you should have somehow told her to give you her number in a manly way and fvcked the sh!t out of her right there at the convention.

shazzampua

Reaction score
But its not too late to attempt to recover from that. Next time you talk to her be upfront and say something like "I realized when I got your number the other day I wasn't being as upfront as I should have been. I got your number because I thought you were cute."

She may be flattered by this kind of honesty...she may not...but the sooner you can be upfront with her the better chance you have with her.

If she doesn't respond to this? Well...you aren't ****ing her now. Things won't be any different...and there are plenty of other woman you CAN hook up with!

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shazzampua said:
But its not too late to attempt to recover from that. Next time you talk to her be upfront and say something like "I realized when I got your number the other day I wasn't being as upfront as I should have been. I got your number because I thought you were cute."

She may be flattered by this kind of honesty...she may not...but the sooner you can be upfront with her the better chance you have with her.

If she doesn't respond to this? Well...you aren't ****ing her now. Things won't be any different...and there are plenty of other woman you CAN hook up with!
Look I'm not some uber DJ or PUA but i'd like to think i have enough sense to be able to tell the OP NOT to say that.

to the OP, you've got her number next time you see her start talking to her in a way that conveys that you're attracted.

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why does it matter how the man got it?

He got it in the safe way and pretty disarming. Did the OP say he was gonna go through with giving her advice on teaching? No he just added the extra touch to the number close. Gives him a sneaky way to get the number.

Your definatly not on the friend zone,but Im sure your smart enough not to start another convo with her and just talk about teaching. Talk about other stuff to spice it up.