got the girl.. but now she's gone

memphis12

Don Juan
Reaction score
This may sound corny, but met this girl and we clicked straight away, she is probably prettiest lass ive been with and we just get on so well, she hasn't been with any other lad since her break with her ex, (she left him) we have really fallin for each other, but after 3 weeks of us seein lots of each other she is away to texas to see her dad for 6 weeks!!!!!! yes 6!!! she says she wont even want to look at another lad etc... and wants us to have propper relationship... , i know there are alot of girls that sleep around and stuff, and ive been with a few, but she isn't that type, so my question is; could u wait for a girl for 6 weeks? wud u trust her? wud u expect her to try and get earlier trip back? i live in england. Ive been told that girls find it much harder to cheat than lads do...

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6 weeks? :p It's not such a long time.

As for the cheating... you're prolly being paraniod.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
You've only known her for 3 weeks. You're not married yet. If she wants to get all serious too soon, I'd be cautious that you don't end up being the "rebound guy."

Just take your time and don't rush into anything. Tell her to have fun for those 6 weeks and to give you a call once in a while and you'll get with her when she comes back. If she fools around, fine. If YOU fool around, fine. When she comes back, THEN you can discuss "seriousness".

You want her to think that she's got a potentially good man waiting back home, and that she wants to get back to him before someone else does. :)

Ricard78

Don Juan
Reaction score
Six weeks is nothing man. I was apart from an ex for three months, i dumped her when she got back but that was my problem, just stick with her. You should learn to get used to a little distance evy now and again it keeps relationships fresh.

Ricard

memphis12

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok.... cheers, but about this rebound thing... she is really pretty, and accordin to her flat mate really picky, and she has had chances for dates and stuff but has chosen not to. After first date she had even told her flat mate that she didnt want to see me again because she new she was goin to texas, but she gave it a shot and then ended up liking me. You got me a little bit paranoid about the re-bound thing like lol. Her ex was askin her back before she went but she rang him and told him to leave her alone and that she had met someone else. How would i know it was a re-bound?

Ricard78

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rebounding is easy to spot.

The girl will tell you your everything her ex is not.

She will still be talking about him e.g things he is/was.

She will keep in contact with him.

Just take it slow and easy mate, dont go all in on this girl untill you really know her 3-4 months at least.

memphis12

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok mate will do, she doesnt ever talk about her ex, he phoned her the other day as she was leavin for texas and he was leavin for different part of england and wouldnt see her for year, and she didn't want to even meet him! her mate said the reason she left him, was cos he annoyed her al the time, and she hated the thought of having sex with him, and kissin him etc. I never really thought about the rebound thing because she would have went wiv someone before now, been like 8 months since she left him....

Ricard78

Don Juan
Reaction score
If its been 8 months i dont think its a rebound thing.

One thing i did notice was you said.

her mate said the reason she left him, was cos he annoyed her al the time, and she hated the thought of having sex with him,

You need to find out what these things were (subtily of course) and make sure you dont do the same. the sex thing is sometimes attributed to guys who get clingy.

Ricard

memphis12

Don Juan
Reaction score
well am not like that, im never clingy. this sounds immature, but i am really good wiv gettin lass's to keep interested, i just never let them know how much i like them, keep them on there toes. i can always get a pretty lass, buit maybe not this pretty and one with such a nice personality, but your rite, i should find out these things,...

DrDope

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know how you feel. The girl I like and have been with for the last six weeks or so is off for 10 days to a rock and roll festival with her friend. God knows what kind of weirdness they'll be up to. You just have to have faith.

Remember, it's foolish to fret the stuff you can't control anyway. DJ other girls to take your mind off of it.

memphis12

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah your probably rite mate. I just realised it was 12-14 hours to texas, not to mention if her plane had been delayed, and then having to actually get to her dads from airport. Would have been about 4am our time, and 10pm texas time, my mate said when he went he slept for day and half, she has only been away for tue early morning and then wed. She still hasnt contacted me, but my sis reasured me that she isn't the type of lass that would get into something that wouldn't be worth it if she was leaving for 6 weeks... how long would u guys say is to long for her not contactin me..? a week? yes i know i sound pathetic, but its drivin me nuts lol