Good Conversation Starters - and the Flow

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the DJ bible (the link right at the top right of ths site) has some awesome conversation tips. So if you haven't already I'd recommend checking that out.

Page3lover2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of it is pretty standard stuff really - I suggest practice over everything else. Get to know loads of different people - I do that myself. I know the geeks, the 'in' crowd, skaters, Asians, blacks etc. It really helps with thinking on the spot. I never used to be the one who started the conversations but since college a couple of years back I have started talking to basically anyone. My main downfall was supplicating nice looking girls - I put them on a pedestal because of their looks. Bad idea...

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good conversation starters are situational. If you're at a football game, football is a good starter, if you're at a college party, say something about the college, if you're at a bar and you see a girl with some gay looking fruity colored drink, ask her what she's drinking.

There's no universal conversation starter, aside from the word "Hi."

Page3lover2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finding common ground is key. I don't know if this is good or not but I'll put my PoV to one side and pretty much agree with what someone else is saying when I first meet them. If we're having a more political discussion I'll let my feeling be known otherwise I won't.

DrDope

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some guys here will say this is showing too much interest, but I use this one at parties and other social events:

"Hi, you caught my eye when you came in. What's your name?"

"I'm Dr. Dopenstein..."

Proceed with fluffity fluff.

It works most of the time. It's a little flattering without being gushing or needy. Anyway, flame away at me.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One bit of advice the bible doesn't highlight enough is to not feel the need to fill silences/not be worried about silence in conversation.

Page3lover2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't feel intimidated by the silences - be completely cool about it. Don't do all the talking either. Mentioning her name whilst saying something is supposed to work very well. A few individuals I know do that with me (blokes in general chit-chat) and it does get your attention and makes you feel like they're talking exclusively to you.

Hope this stuff is useful?

Cheers!

DrDope

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Page3lover2
Don't feel intimidated by the silences - be completely cool about it. Don't do all the talking either. Mentioning her name whilst saying something is supposed to work very well. A few individuals I know do that with me (blokes in general chit-chat) and it does get your attention and makes you feel like they're talking exclusively to you.
This is a good post to take notice of, boys. The men who are the most succesful have the ability to make a woman feel extremely special in your presence, but do it without raining hollow, lame compliments on them. Eye contact is key, focus, body language, and all the other crap you've read about in the bible. Women love this feeling and they want to feel that way again.

Page3lover2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it isn't strictly the same thing but even when I first met many of my male mates some of them had a certain 'X-factor' about them. Something that made the different to the others. The way they spoke, the confidence they perpetuated, I think it's a cumulative effect.