Good body language

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So, I have heard that 93% communication is body language? What would be good body language to have?

DJ_Tekinkel

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your talking how YOUR body language should be..

bascailly confident controlled - think james bond. Minimal
People who are nervous move heaps and fast.

Eye contact
Chin up
Good posture, no hunching!!!
Relaxed
Leaning back a bit = look more confident
feet a bit more than shoudler width apart when standing
Smooth movements
Dont cross your arms/legs
If your holding a drink dont guard your body with it, (loosk defensive)
Lean in when you want to show your interested in a conversation
Lean back to see if they lean forward.

If your talking about Body Language with IOI's then...

then its

Feet pointing to where they want to go (IE. Exit, Person more interesting)
Woman point their knee at someone they find IOI with legs crossed
Body is facing person they are most intersted in
Showing on neck, wrist
stroking/touching anything
Scratching wrist/kneck/face
Parting hair behind ear (even if no hair) to show neckline
1 shoulder tilted towards you (looks more seductive)

There's heaps but thats just off my head

Don Israel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never look downwards in public unless you have gum stuck in your shoe, which you must remove right away.

--

rioku

Don Juan
Reaction score
With body language, I just don't think you can fake it at all. Body language is an indicator, a reflection of where you are in life. When you try to fake it, you are consciously thinking about "maintaining good posture and projecting a solid presence." It usually comes off as very unnatural since you become out of your own true rhythm. It is worse than having bad body language, since it becomes very obvious to the more astute, that you are trying too hard or posing.

I myself have got miles to go, but one thing that helped me was getting rooted in the lower half of my body (esp. hips, butt, and thighs)... feeling a connection with the earth I'm standing on. Its a calm feeling of knowing that I am not easily pushed off balance and that I can jump explosively on reflex whenever the need arises, almost like a compressed (but under control) spring. It has made the way I walk more graceful.

Squats helped tremendously with this, I might add.

DJ_Tekinkel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I entirely agree that bodylanguage cannot be forced, its very hard.

Also

The further the bodypart is from your brain, the worst it is at bodylanguage

IE Feet/legs/hips

Most people can get the top half right, btu the feet point to exits/cross/have bodylangague/leaning on walls etc

I highly recommend you fix yourself, by being more confident. Workingo n your attitude and you wont have to give a crap about what your bodylanguage is. Cause it is YOU.

On another note, knowing how to read it is VERY important IMO
outside of dating, you can use it to your benefit on your career and just daily operating tasks. Master READING bodylanguage and you can make life a lot easier as you can see situations/moods as they truly are and make educated decisions to steering the outcome to how you want it.

rioku

Don Juan
Reaction score
I twisted my ankle pretty bad on this past Saturday, and am now slowly beginning to recover. It forced me to walk slowly and carefully lest I get hurt again.

You know what's weird though? The sprained ankle kind of gave a swagger!

StefanLT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be in a great state, feel good and be confident and your "good body language" will manifest.

How you feel is expressed through your body. And vice versa.

When you're nervous and have anxiety, you have different body language than when you feel confident and are comfortable.

BUT to give you an idea - good posture, stand tall, good eye contact, smile, breathing fully, hands at the side, moving at a normal pace, being present and grounded, chest out, etc...