gonna make a move on her, advice pls

F!DELITY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ok - so there is this cute girl who works at a bar in my town. Not my regular place, but i've been there a couple of times and noticed her. Now, last night I was at the bar with my friends...and she looked great! I noticed her look at me a couple of times - and I've decided to take action with this chick!

SO - I don't know her or anything - but I know she is single thanks to facebook. I am hoping to go to this bar in the day sometime this week with a girl pal to catch up etc. BUT - assuming the girl I like is working there, I really don;t know what to do or say without appearing lame.

Is it ok to just simply approach her at a quiet time, and just ask her name and introduce myself? and ask her if she fancies a drink sometime?

I don't really cold approach, so I'm not good with this kind of thing at all. I can't be bothered to act all cool etc. I just want to be myself. Is that enough?

Thanks in advance guys.

manonfire

Don Juan
Reaction score
go to the resteraunt alone. sit in her section. make sure she is your server. tease her, crack jokes, pretend she ****ed up your order then make a joke out of it. test her in fun little ways. once you built some rapport with her ask her name. keep banter going. when you cash out invite her to something but make sure you invite her to something you were gonna do anyways " her im going to something this weekend, you should tag along, c'mon i know you got nothing better to do"

It will also help if the thing you invite her to is something you casually talked about with her throughout your visit at her work.

good luck.

Htienvu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to a restaurant last night with a few mates, there's a girl there whom is the daughter of the owner, so it makes her like a manager. When getting the bill I joked a bit with her about discounts, she gave us discount and deserts free of charge. Now she gave us 10% off and when we payed I joked about expecting more like 20-30%, she gave me a punch on the arm. I chatted to her for 5mins, keep it light and fun. Then just came out with "Give me your number, I'll give you a call sometimes" Her response "ok" Gave my phone so she put in her digits, she missed call her phone to get my number!

my advice is just to talk with her, joke around, laugh, keep it a light mood then just go for number close. Best to do it as you're leaving!

F!DELITY

Don Juan
Reaction score
I appreciate the reply manonfire.

A couple of points though:- firstly, it is a bar rather than a restaurant - so I would have to ask her at the bar more than likely. Getting rapport throughout my visit there makes sense, and I should be ok with that. My problem is asking her out to something I would be going to anywhere...I don't really have anything in my calendar anytime soon.

Is it weird to ask her out just me and her? or should I say something along the lines of "I really fancy going out for drinks later/tomorrow, you game?"

I don't want to be a creep...but how the **** can you ask a girl out who you dont know without seeming a bit weird! lol

Htienvu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This was at a restaurant/bar, I took the bill up to her at the bar and talked to her.

Get talking to her for a bit if when you get a chance, when you're buying drinks. After a few times you should build up some rapport,you can either go for it there and then or do it the next time you come in. Best to pick a quieter time when she's not busy and can spare 5 minutes to talk to you.

I'd just go with

"It's nice talking to you, give me your number and we meet up for... sometimes"

"Let's exchange numbers and I'll call you sometimes"

"Lets meet up for....., give me your number and i'll set something up"

I like the direct game.

F!DELITY

Don Juan
Reaction score
cheers for the advice htienvu.

Am I right to assume that women prefer a more direct mature approach? Is it a wise idea to compliment her?

I'm mid-twenties now, and I can't be bothered with games and all that sh!t. I just want a girl to know I like her, and get her number and date her...no flakes, no indecisiveness - life is to be lived, and seizing opportunities!!! I think some women claim to love being spontaneous and adventurous, yet totally freak when a guy hits on them out of the blue.

Htienvu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
F!DELITY said:
cheers for the advice htienvu.

Am I right to assume that women prefer a more direct mature approach? Is it a wise idea to compliment her?

I'm mid-twenties now, and I can't be bothered with games and all that sh!t. I just want a girl to know I like her, and get her number and date her...no flakes, no indecisiveness - life is to be lived, and seizing opportunities!!! I think some women claim to love being spontaneous and adventurous, yet totally freak when a guy hits on them out of the blue.
I admit I am new to all this, still learning and reading the bible. From what I learnt I've decided to go for the natural direct approach, no tricks or games. just initiate conversation, be confident and fun, be cheeky and ****y/funny as well. I don't dig the PUA pick up lines/games.

RSanders219

Don Juan
Reaction score
manonfire said:
go to the resteraunt alone. sit in her section. make sure she is your server. tease her, crack jokes, pretend she ****ed up your order then make a joke out of it. test her in fun little ways. once you built some rapport with her ask her name. keep banter going. when you cash out invite her to something but make sure you invite her to something you were gonna do anyways " her im going to something this weekend, you should tag along, c'mon i know you got nothing better to do"

It will also help if the thing you invite her to is something you casually talked about with her throughout your visit at her work.

good luck.
Great advice right here! This shows you're completely relaxed in the situation, have a sense of humor (which all girls love!) and don't hold her on a pedestal. Just do it man! Good luck.

blueline

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Give her some direct eye contact while you're talking to her at the bar and if she doesn't return it or give you a flirty smile, move on. There's a certain twinkle in a girl's eye and this attempt by her to put in some effort into the conversation when she likes you.

If does give you this sort of vibe, then stay and go for it. Try to kiss her.