Goji and Maca

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last semester I spent in Buenos Aires, Argentina. While Argentine steak is the best in the world, now and then I'd need something lighter and go to the juice bar across the street. They had a variety of optional added supplements, some of which I tried. my favorites by far were

Goji berries, which I added to my smoothies (they're dry and tasteless when dried, so mixing them in helps). Supposedly, the world's most nutritionally dense food.

Maca, which tastes lousy but definitely seemed to give me an energy/libido boost.

The ones I didn't like were bee pollen and wheatgrass, just because the taste was so bad i couldn't get them down even if they were good for me.

The guys who ran the place were all health nuts, so i trusted their advice. Any second opinions?

Last edited:

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exotic fruits are becoming more and more popular, and Goji is fine, as well as Acai, Mangosteen, Pomegranate, etc etc.

Look for more fruit in the near future in the nutraceutical industry. It has only begun to sprout.

For instance.. Lychee, Abiu, Durian, Jakfruit, Matisia, etc etc.

Prob is, you wont hear most exotic fruits talked about, but they WILL get popular. The hardest part about exotic and tropical fruit is the importing, and making sure it gets where it is supposed to. Mainly shipping costs involved.

Anyway, lots of good fruit out there. Eat it all. Just dont eat ALL exotic fruit unless you know how to eat it. Some have particular things you can and cant eat.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MACA is awesome for libido. Agreed!

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, goji berries are expensive in the states... 4 ounces are like 8 dollars at Whole foods.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just take what it says on the label, or 1500 mg. Of course that's Maca extract: if i were using the raw stuff I don't know how much you should take.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always like trying new stuff so I'll check it out.

Lychee, Jackfruite, and the like are all Thai, so I've had these with my Thai girlfriend.

One of them is nasty Durian. Don't try it.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I second that.

Honestly, don't even allow Durian enterance into your house. Even tightly wrapped, it will cause everything to smell attrocious. If it finds its way into your refrigerator...you might as well throw everything out, including the refrigerator.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Durian is banned in public in Indonesia just because it smells so bad. According to a book I have durian smells like "you buried somebody holding a big wheel of blue cheese in his arms and then dug him up a week later".

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Durian is banned in public in Indonesia just because it smells so bad.
Haha, that would be nice. Sadly that's just a myth... I've lived there for a year(parents developing land out there), and the outdoor markets absolutely reek of durian. Coincidentally, the first time I tried durian was over there. Worst thirty seconds of my life.

According to a book I have durian smells like "you buried somebody holding a big wheel of blue cheese in his arms and then dug him up a week later".
:crackup:

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I just got hooked on pomegranate juice.
No no: if you eat pomegranate seeds you have to stay in the Underworld.