"Going Out"

jetboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys I have some newbie questions, I'm still a beginner.;) Please help me out. Thanks!

I'm a sophmore. My city is kinda small with poor public transportion system, so riding a bus is out..but it's big enough so you just can't walk to anywhere. I have no older brothers or sisters. I've thought through this and I think there's only two ways..

-get a parent to get both of you there :(
-call a taxi

So my questions are
- are there any more ways of transportation?
- how much does a taxi ride cost in average?
- how much does a "parent ride" suck?
- how do other guys go out with similar situations?
- what will the girls think/ feel?

soupa

Don Juan
Reaction score
you can meet them at the place rather than giving them a ride...

but seriously though, a ride with your parents isnt that bad, your a sophmore and you obviously cant drive yet, chances are she cant either. she'll understand.

taxis are way too ****ing expensive

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find a loser junior with a car. Just pretend to be his friend, that way he'll give you rides to places.

That's what I did until I got my license.

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To avoid the awkwardness of driving there with your parents and the long list of questions, just meet her up there. Easiest thing to do.

S-lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not to be mean man....but either u are really advanced or idk whu dont u have ur license u are a sphomore whats going on man....but um like jerky said just meet up...no biggy

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by E_ze05
not to be mean man....but either u are really advanced or idk whu dont u have ur license u are a sphomore whats going on man....but um like jerky said just meet up...no biggy
Most people don't get their licenses until the latter half of sophomore year.

jetboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Well even if I get my license, I can't afford insurance, which is like $350 a month on a 95' car, which is pretty old, because of my age. BTW how can you guys afford insurance? And how much does it cost?

But, I'm gonna get my license anyway this year..But, it seems like I won't be driving until my second half of junior year, which is when I turn 18, which also is when the cost for insurance drops a lot.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PiHiPlaya
Find a loser junior with a car. Just pretend to be his friend, that way he'll give you rides to places.

That's what I did until I got my license.

lol yeah my friend max, mike, jake, zack god i get so many rides from loser juniors lol