going out with ex, good idea?

jacob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
Welcome back Jake. Whatever happened with Carmen?
Last week Wednesday she broke it off again, but for the whole of February till then we were sweet hearts. She bought me a $300 dollar watch for Valentines Day and I tried reciprocating buy taking her to a fine dining seafood restaurant. We did a lot together since getting back and I still love her, although now I'll really just do the no contact thing. The last time we were together was last week Monday we went to Sea Life Park down here in Hawaii but that was the first time I noticed her starting to act flaky with me again, but prior to that it was even better than before the holidays of last year. 2 Fridays ago, the weekend before the Monday outing we went to the clubs and I noticed she started hanging around her girlfriends again and I think that has a lot to do with it, although I'd also say I was turning afc and talking to her every time she'd call which was 4 times a day and hanging with her 3, 4 days of the week. On the Monday after Sealife Park we got to her side of the island which is about roughly 20 miles from where I live and we got into an argument so I caught the bus home, she's the one that owns a car. She called me on Wednesday morning as she usually does to wake me up for work, then I started bringing up Monday and then it went downhill from there, and she hung up on me. After that I never tried calling her and to this day none of us made contact. Now I've come back and checked this site again for inspiration cause my spirit is broke again but I don't feel as bad, but still a little sad cause she really knew how to show good love. I don't have much but she showered me with material things, exotic dinners, paid for the outings lent me her car even if I didn't have a license and gave me sex everytime I wanted. So yeah that's what happened. My head is telling me to just move forward and don't look back and that's the plan. I don't think I'll answer if she ever calls, but it hurts to break this connection we had. What's your thoughts?

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Did you ever hear the expression ex's are ex's for a reason? If it didn't work out the first time, 99% of the time, your not going to run into some magic pill and have it work subsequent times.

More importantly though is your attitude. You are on the right track. You see the truth and you see what you need to do to improve your life. So don't contact her anymore, don't even answer her calls when she calls. Start moving forward with your life.

Be happy for the good times you shared with her but be happier that you've got the rest of your life to make new memories, with new women, with women that will love & respect you. Always take care of #1. Start doing things that you've wanted to do but didn't.

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack, i've it made a personal crusade to try and help every guy on sosuave who posts about getting the ex back (i know, it s a lot of work!). the reason i m doing this is because i ve been through bad break-ups before, i ve been hung up on a girl, hoping that somehow i could get her back before. However I manned up for my last break up (and it was with the woman i cared about the most out of all of them) and things have worked out really nice for me.

Do yourself a big favor and DO NOT TRY TO CONTACT HER. Do not respond when she contacts you. Jake, this is a girl who left you once (to get fvcked by some other guy), left you twice (what do you think she s doing now?) and will leave you again.

you re talking about the great connection you guys had? if you had such a great connection, would she simply hang up on you and never call you back?
MacAvoy hit the nail on the head when he said ex's are ex's for a reason. It just wasn't meant to be. Let it go and start looking for other girls

jacob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
right on bros. Thanks for the support and understanding, it makes it a little more bearable hearing that. It reminds me of what Doc Love says about having one chance per life time with a woman and after that you shouldn't even try. I love this site I love you guys, this forum still has purpose. Talk later gotta go work.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't have any expectations for romance, then it's okay. If you do, then DON'T GO!!!!