Going out Solo?

Weezy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm 30... And most of my good wings are married or not that into going out anymore.

I still get carded all the time and have great success when I do go out.. but finding a wing is tough.

What do you guys suggest? Do you just go solo, or do you try and find a good wing?

Splendidostring

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe in "wings". They can only end up ****-blocking you. Just find some people you know (not friends) who are going out and tag along. Then start searching among the "x" population.

gl.

blue_eyed_devil

Don Juan
Reaction score
First post in a long time. I don't even remember my old username. Been in an LTR, out of it, now. Back in the game and WOW, has it changed.

But here's what works for me. It worked at 32, and it works now at 38.

Go solo. Always.

But go someplace to DO SOMETHING. Don't go to a bar to drink alone and look at girls, don't go to a club to stand around alone and look for girls to dance with. That makes you look pathetic.

Go to an art gallery. Go to a book signing. Go to a concert. Go to a rodeo. Go snowboarding. If you're somewhere having a good time -- and NOT looking around to get laid -- you will meet girls. Women like guys who are fun.

Seriously, wherever you go, don't be looking around scanning for chicks. Women spot that action a hundred yards away and you are dead in the water when they see you on the hunt, especially if you're older. If you're having fun and you talk to a girl who's also having fun -- hey! You're 90% of the way there. Lock up a date and then close the deal. It also helps close the age gap if you meet while doing something you both enjoy.

The plus side is, if you go out to do something you enjoy and you DON'T meet any girls, then you still did something you enjoy. No more "wasted nights."

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The worst part is just getting up and going in there yourself. That anxiety. Its like we fear everyone in the bar stopping and laughing because you didn't have anyone to go with. Once you're in its not that bad. I end up drifting off alone at times when I'm with friends anyway. Who could tell the difference? And once you do start chatting people up, most outsiders would assume you went together, or at least met up.

Romeo1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im with OP!

Yeah me two,i usually go out with my buds,but some times,they either have no money,or dont wanna go out.None of these guys as my wingmen,there just buds i go out with,but dang i wish i had someone on da same page as me,so i agree with the OP on this i two need advice on this! In the end i just end up staying home,when i really wanna go out,i get held back!