Goin out alone?

Flying solo?

• Go for it. He who dares wins!

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • Not me. Stay at home and save yourself for another day!

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

InVader

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wondering what you guys thoughts are on going out alone?

Basically left with the prospect of going out with friends during the day tomorrow, but then dont have anyone to go out with at night as my friends either have other plans, working or have girlfriends....

There is a chance that some people might change their minds, but if it comes down to it i'd be willing to go out on my own.

It is also at the back of my mind that its not cool to go to a club on your own (social proof and all that) so thats why i'm not sure.

What would you do?

Depending on your answers in the poll i'm willing to take the plunge!

irocknike23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
uhh i could never do it. you need at least 1 person. what if the club is at that stage where everyone is standing around and they havent started dancing yet...your gona look all creepy standing by yourself in the dark.

just me

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i would never go out alone either. just use that time to improve yourself. go to the gym/study/read or something.

and go out the next day as a slightly better you.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
garruk said:
yeah i would never go out alone either. just use that time to improve yourself. go to the gym/study/read or something.

and go out the next day as a slightly better you.
I like this answer....

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of people would say that going out alone gives you the best chance of hooking up. I've never really done it. At my age it WOULD be weird going to a college bar alone. I can't speak for an older generation. I've always done the wingman thing which I've had good success with or going out with groups of girls.

I think the best thing is to go out with a group of GIRLS. Or have platonic girl friends bring their friends. This way you have girls to dance with and interact with off the spot. It feels more comfortable to them then hooking up with a stranger. This also gives you social proof.

Why go out alone when you can go out with groups of girls?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
So I guess some people here can't make new friends? They need to stay with old friends? Pretty sad. I've picked up dozens of women when I'm out alone. It's the best unless you have a great wing man which is rare. Women love men who are independent and you're easier to approach. Plus, you can make friends with the bartenders, waitresses and owners of the clubs when you go out often enough. It's better if you have something to do such as play pool or darts. Man up, people!

TheJazz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go out alone with the intention to improve yourself wherever you go. If you go to the gym alone, you go to improve yourself by developing huge bulging biceps, triceps, glutes and what not right? Take the gym mindset with you wherever you go. Even to a nightclub. Go to a club with the intention to improve yourself socially. Approach people, build confidence, get rejected even! Whatever it is, improvement is key.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go out almost exclusively alone at night clubs. It does take a hit on your social proof and is something of hole you have to dig out of it. But a good wing is very hard to find. Other than the SP and helping you occupy girls in setrs, most wings cause more problems than they solve. Really though you don't need a wing when you approach sets. It really comes down to SP and being seen talking to others. If you are good at cold approaching and can hold sets or work the dance floor. No one will even realize you are there alone.

If I had to choose between going out alone or going out with a bad wing or not going out at all, I choose to go out alone.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL Going out alone or with people, granted I love hanging with friends at a bar/club, but have no issue going alone what so ever. Every single time, and I do mean EVERY time, I end up in a conversation with some women right away. Many times before I even walk into the place. Not necessarily that I'm picking them up but still. I'll gone alone and either make small talk with some guys right away be it the bouncer, bartender, or some dude out front having a smoke.

It's a total none issue with me. I've hooked up over 10 times in the last year when going out alone, but I've had more than 10 hook ups thats just the ones I'm alone.

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I travel a lot, so if I'm not hanging out with people I know in the town or coworkers, I'll go out alone and sarge. LIke others have said, no problem for me personally AT ALL. It's really all up to you and how you view it. You definitely CAN be successful going out alone, but you have to talk to people for sure! You can't just stand around alone for like half an hour, and then go try to approach some chicks, that aint' gonna work well. You literally have to start talking to people immediately, otherwise you're losing momentum and your value in that particular place is going down.

Yo'Mama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go out alone all the time. At first it was lack of choice (I'm at age where most of my friends are married or engaged, most of them boring as hell) but after a while I noticed that I'd have more fun on nights out alone than when I was with a wing.

When you're alone you always end up talking to people and most times at least something will happen with women. Contrast that with going out with your friends when many times nothing will happen at all.

I think the guys saying they would never do it just aren't confident enough. Having said that there are some places I wouldn't go to alone. Venue is important.

Yo'Mama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose,

That's probably true and in my case has been true most times. If you give me a choice, go out with friends or go out alone, I would rather go out with friends. But if you ask me when I've been most successful, it's always being when out alone.

Not all of us have friends who are up for going out and hitting on girls. So if the alternative is staying at home or going out alone I think going out alone has to be a viable option, that's all.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
The only time I go to bars with friends is when I just want to kick back, have a few beers, and play some pool. When I'm in sarge mode, I always go out alone. The problem with bringing friends is that there's always a conflict of interest. One buddy is either too shy to approach, another gets so drunk he doesn't know what's going on, or they don't want to leave when I do. It's a waste of time and doesn't really suit my agenda.

I don't even drink in the bars when I'm running game. I walk in, if I see a cute girl I'll go up to her, strike up a small conversation and go for the number. If it's fairly crowded and I think I can approach more without the previous girls noticing, I'll proceed. There's been times I've stepped into a bar, spotted no hot chicks, turned around and walked right out.

I'll try to get 3 or 4 numbers from one bar and then I'm outta there. 10 minutes tops.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
For nonfun related places: donut wheel, fast food, borders, and the gym are all fine with me to go alone to. For going out alone to have fun, I'm only down if it's an arcade or something. Another possible exception is vista point, which is one of those views up in the mountains that has a parking lot where you can smoke weed and not get caught, not to mention it's a hella sick drive getting there. However BOTH of those things are better with friends.

As for going to the club or bar alone, what the hell's wrong with 26 out of 31 of the people that voted? The only people I've ever seen at the bar alone are 40-50 year old dudes and even they seemed a little weird. You guys can throw around all the excuses you want "my friends are busy at night" "I choose to go alone cuz I game better", but I firmly believe that for the majority of you this stems from lack of friends. I didn't say all of you, but the majority.

I know what you're saying, but at the same time, if I'm in the mood to go out and nobody else is, then why should I have to keep myself from doing so because nobody else was willing to?

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gray The Prince said:
I know what you're saying, but at the same time, if I'm in the mood to go out and nobody else is, then why should I have to keep myself from doing so because nobody else was willing to?
Exactly. That made me go out by myself to a bar a few times last college semester.
And I always do my day game approaches alone. Last time I went to a club, I did all my approaches alone also because my friend stayed on the dancefloor all night. I've never had a wingman, so maybe I'm missing out.

TheZone

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, for one a guy who is alone usually seems like a creep. Girls are always surrounded by friends.

Girls usually like to date people within their social 'arena' or group. that means wherever you go there will be people there who have usually associated with the girl you want. Girls hang out at these places, like regulars. Usually anyway.

I mean, sure you can go out alone but just think of this.

Guys aren't really social. Guys only go out to get laid, or hang with their friends to do what? Usually to get laid and tell themselves they are social like the girls.

Only girls will say "I want to go out and DANCE just to DANCE".

But the reality is, they don't dance just to dance. They don't go out and are social just to be social. They do this to increase their chances with men and gain more opportunities. But they want to do it under the disguise as "being social" and "being with friends", really they're just talking to their girlfriends about their judgements of men.

It's more accepted for girls to do this. To hang with their girlfriends, etc. If it's a bunch of guys? please, it's a sausage fest.

For me,it's hard to go out alone. I have no reason to go out. I don't hang with male friends because I choose not to. Actually because I'm unbalanced. I need a woman to hang with not a man. If I go out alone, I am looking for a woman. That usually comes off as creepy or needy, or clueless, etc.

Unless you're a player,"social butterfly type", or more like a party pooper, or party hopper. And to do what? Get laid. That's the only reason why people REALLY go out.

So unless you are a player, don't go out alone. Choose the excuse of being social to get laid.

No guy goes out to "look at the scenery". You mean the women, not scenery. No girl goes out to look at the scenery either. At least not consciously. Usually anyways.

If I would go out with someone else, I would want to split up.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
As for going to the club or bar alone, what the hell's wrong with 26 out of 31 of the people that voted? The only people I've ever seen at the bar alone are 40-50 year old dudes and even they seemed a little weird. You guys can throw around all the excuses you want "my friends are busy at night" "I choose to go alone cuz I game better", but I firmly think for the majority of you it stems from lack of friends. I didn't say all of you, but the majority.
I bet you lack the balls to even consider giving it a try, kid.