giving them flowers for f*cking up

gt2345

Don Juan
Reaction score
lets say you say something thats constructive criticism to your significant other, they know what you are saying and know that its true but get hurt start crying cause it brought them to reality. We sort of talked it out but shes probably still upset or pissed or whatever you want to call it. Would going to their work place and giving them flowers the next day be a good thing or an AFC move. I feel kind of bad right now and I dont know what to do.

Rogerman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, personally i think you can do it man, it will certainly bring a smile on her face.

Becareful not to overdo it, and dont give flowers again anytime soon.

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why?? You told her something that was true? Was it something that maybe kinda bothers you about her? Then you shouldn't be apologizing and bringing flowers says: SORRY, I was wrong.

Since you haven't mentioned the kind of criticism, I can't judge, but personally, I would try and make her see that even though what you said may have been a little harsh, there's ways for her to change it, or work on it or whatever. (since she's already admitted you were right)

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO, major AFC move. So she got a little upset, doesn't mean you have to bring flowers to her work, man! The only time I ever got a girl flowers was after I cheated on this one girl many years ago. Somehow, the flowers worked lol.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me just make something clear.

There is nothing wrong with giving a woman flowers. It is an act of a gentleman.

BUT!

Don't do it unless she deserves it. If she doesn't show appreciation for you or high interest then DON't DO IT.

If you gave her constuctive criticism then let things be. Don't worry about it. Forget that conversation and focus on other aspects of your relationship.

If you give her flowers make sure it is for something she does well.

In other words, if she cooks for you then you can show apprecation by giving her some flowers.

remember It is a two way street. not a one way guilt trip for you.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Giving a woman gifts to keep the peace is like giving your dog a treat for sh!tting on the carpet."

ARK

Don Juan
Reaction score
How about flowers for her birthday?

gt2345

Don Juan
Reaction score
the criticism i gave her was that she complains too much about herself and she comes off as having low self esteem which she shouldnt have cause she is beautiful cool as sh*t and smart.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ARK
How about flowers for her birthday?
It would be a nice gesture.

However it is massively cliche' and unoriginal so thats the main reason i wouldnt do it.

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gt2345
the criticism i gave her was that she complains too much about herself and she comes off as having low self esteem which she shouldnt have cause she is beautiful cool as sh*t and smart.
Okay so don't bring her flowers. Work with her. Everytime she says something bad about herself, tell her she is 'doing it again' and have her think of something about herself that is good or positive. You will help her build her selfesteem which is much more valuable then flowers.

Save the flowers or 'rewards' for other occasions like some of the other guys mentioned.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
It would be a nice gesture.

However it is massively cliche' and unoriginal so thats the main reason i wouldnt do it.
Bravo! :up:

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gt2345
lets say you say something thats constructive criticism to your significant other, they know what you are saying and know that its true but get hurt start crying cause it brought them to reality. We sort of talked it out but shes probably still upset or pissed or whatever you want to call it. Would going to their work place and giving them flowers the next day be a good thing or an AFC move. I feel kind of bad right now and I dont know what to do.
Dude, it would make me want to :kick: you. That's how AFC it is. Flowers are not for peacemaking.

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rogerman
Dude, personally i think you can do it man, it will certainly bring a smile on her face.

Becareful not to overdo it, and dont give flowers again anytime soon.
I hope he didn't go out right away after reading this one...I always hope whoever knows the right answer is the first to respond to my questions haha.