Giving Out Your Number First

GuitarOnFire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen girls on the bus and frankly, they're so much better than the girls I see walking around on my university campus.

Sometimes it's easy as hell, as they get off the bus at the same stop as I do. Then there are the times when I *know* she is showing signs (staring when I'm looking away, licking lips (!), etc.) and it seems unusual to just strike up a conversation when she cannot even look at me!

I came up with a possible solution: handing out a paper with your name and your number. It's not been tested yet, but what if I gave out the number before I got off the bus and said, with a friendly smile, "Hey, I'd like to get to know you better. Give me a call."

I've "lost" one 6.5 and one very nice 8.0 in the last three days because of this. (The other 7.0 brunette seemed to have her fat boyfriend sit down next to her at a later stop.)

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol

caveman a girl like this, or MAVEC whatever you want to call it.

I'd try it like time and time again on the bus, see if I can get random girls to call me everyday and leave me messages. The look on the girls faces when I bring them home and just listening to my incoming messages of girls even I don't know, and it didn't even take like 10 seconds to get her thinking of me:D

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cards might make you look like a try hard to some girls... they know the numbers game. So you might be a last minute man if they are too insecure to go out without a boy by their side. If I could elaborate I would, but now is never a good time for preaching.

I forgot to add something, a bus pickup is so much fun, even the chasing part, you may never see this girl again is my mindset. It is too true that on a bus there are tons of hot girls that you would see no where else. plus the bus is fresh with angles and edges for you to use for a pick-up, there are songs and stories, but there are very few places that you can use to make a girl remember you about.

"I was the guy that got your number while we were on the bus last month"

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by GuitarOnFire
It's not been tested yet, but
^that's exactly the part that got me too.

actually, i gave a girl my number on wednesday. she hasn't called yet. of course, i was like, "hey what are you doing this weekend," and she said "blah..." i said, "oh" and she said, "but i'm not doing anything next weekend," so, i was like"let's exchange numbers, we'll go to a party." and she was like, "...no, but i can give you my s/n,"

i was like, "no b!tch give me your fvcking number." jk...actually, i said, "ah...ok, well here's my number (wrote it for her and took her slip of paper), call me"

she hasn't called. i haven't done this much, but we had okay rapport, and she seemed interested. fvck giving out my number.

this can work, but i still don't like it.

field test your sh!t first. preach what you practice...

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
on a second thought...i doubt this would work, because girls don't even necessarily call you after the first time you go out. well at least the guy sets up the next outting, though in my experiences it's been about 50% of the time.

this is as stupid as printing out business cards. you have no rapport, why would she call...it would be based on looks only, so you better hope you pass that test.

also, if anything you'd get a desperate girl.

dude, test this at least 10 times and then let us know. i've got my money on at least 8/10 she won't call, unless she's a fattie.

also...re-reading your post. why did you lose those opportunities? maybe they weren't such blatant opportunities. come on now, everyday i see a ton of hot women, but just because i don't approach every single girl i pass by doesn't mean i'm losing opportunities. i mean, i think you're thinking about approaching too much. the key to approaching, as style has once said, is that you should have something better to do than approach. don't worry about these so-called "opportunities" so much. if it was so, i would have shot myself by now. those aren't missed opportunities.

now, if you get a chance to talk, do so. i got a number last week, just talked with her for like 3min, and she told me to call her like 5 times. still interested too. so, make rapport if you can, at least a minute...but otherwise, don't worry about the other "opportunities."

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm following, but...

whatever happened to being the pursuer, and actually engaging the girl and asking for the number?

I guess if you screw ten girls a week it doesn't matter if you hand your number to this one on the bus... but as a general principle? You like waiting next to the phone?

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol read a thread past it...

I say get the girls on the bus going round and round, give em your phone number and whan you get home they'll lift your frown.

I can't field test this no matter how hard I try. no PTS system here, we do have a py per customer cab service though, but for $5 I can walk for half an hour.

GuitarOnFire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahaha. Some of you guys don't get it. It's not a matter of pride, but rather a way of picking up girls who you probably won't ever see again. Who cares what other people on the bus think? I bet most of them will be jealous.

There will always be the cynics. The most important thing to remember is that if a girl is attracted to you, she will call. A classic Psychology study done in the 1970's proved the only major factor in whether people got together was whether they were ATTRACTED to each other. Personality wasn't a factor.

No rapport....uh, that's no different than talking to a ditz who is attracted to you and can't keep up with your questions/convo.

Let's shatter the illusion that giving out your number is wrong in all scenarios.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by GuitarOnFire

Let's shatter the illusion that giving out your number is wrong in all scenarios.
yeah, like i said, it could work, but all it's based on is purely physical attraction, and even then it's rarely going to work, because girls are not the ones who usually make the move and call...especially if they've barely talked to you yet.

well, the reason we are so skeptical is because you admitted that you haven't tried it yet. try and let us know how you "shatter the illusion." i tried it the other day with rapport, and she hasn't called me back. give it shot man.

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well you can take the image of a fanatic walking down the middle of the bus winking at girls with a huge grin on his face saying "call me" "call me" "call me" "call me" that is bad.

What I believe in, I am absolutely sure this will work, its worked in cabs, it works in bars... it'll work on a bus

H20 you've got some skills, but still have to work on the possibilites. When you continue to be slave to societies views you fall prey to the process. Girls seek a man, I'd quote pook but he's a slave, a great slave that deserves freedom, but a slave nonetheless. I'd quote many men, but theres always the element of surprise....

What I believe guitar on fire is saying is, break the SIMPLE illsuion that a man should never give out his number... How I see it when I give out my number is this, if she doesn;'t call, no loss, if she does theres the interest, and you can open your game in so many more ways than calling her and planning. On the flip side, what happens when you call a girl? You have to open, you place yourself on the line, and they respect that?

Sorry man, this idea is awesome, and you can learn a thing or two.

The images are being shattered all around, don;t try to hold them up as they crumble

Incident

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I believe guitar on fire is saying is, break the SIMPLE illsuion that a man should never give out his number... How I see it when I give out my number is this, if she doesn;'t call, no loss, if she does theres the interest, and you can open your game in so many more ways than calling her and planning.
I do not believe that a man giving out his number is considered wrong, but just don't take it seriously. By giving her your number you are saying "Hey, if you think I'm hot, please call me". And if it's the hottest girl you've ever seen in your life, you'll probably start wondering if and when she'll call. I hate this kind of passiveness. I have other things to worry about and do not want some random girl to take up my valuable time.

On the flip side, what happens when you call a girl? You have to open, you place yourself on the line, and they respect that?
1) Without risk, there is no worthy reward
2) You call when it is convenient for you
3) Do you respect yourself for having the balls to call and try to make something happen?

Other people's respect mean nothing when compared to the respect given by that man in the mirror.

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
no non nonon you got it all wrong...

I heard a story how a girl got into prositution business.. some person gave her a really nice business card inviting her into the prostitution business and since it was nice she kept it in the drawer... some months later, she wanted to get out of where she was... she then saw the card... she called, and traveled all the way to new york for her prostitution job...

If your in retail, you can add a personalized message behind your card.. like

I don't do this often but, here's my cell number **&((#*&$# Im always having some party or club to go, or we can get some tea and chill

Or if not, make your own personalized business card for business purposes, and do the same thing with writing a special message to the girl

Holla! lol son

GuitarOnFire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bbestar and Boner da Stoner are on-track. Hell, if I had the idea earlier, I probably would have gotten that girl who licked her mouth on the bus.

A business card just for this would cost too much... $30ish. What about just doing some Adobe Photoshop work and printout a nice black and white design? Cost efficient and it'll look at least good, if not great. :D

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MY cousin does this, and I have not yet seen one woman call him back

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
edit: i don't even know why i wrote that. note to everyone, don't post under the influence, it's stupid, and i've succumbed to it.

Last edited: