Girls with long term boyfriends

lloyd_bank$

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is this hot girl I work with, who I have started to get on with well. I try and be ****y and funny with her, it seems to work. I'm unsure about her interest level, because she has a boyfriend of about 3 years.
The other day she even left me a little note while I was on lunch saying she had finished early and gone. She must have been thinking about me to do this.
Also, the other day I was talking to another friend about how I dont wear hats because I dont look good in them. She overheard us, and told me to try my friends hat on. I did, and she told me I look really good (I rarely get any compliments)
She also keeps telling me that I should go to the club her and a friend go to every friday. I actually dont like the club she goes to - its all rock music!!

Anyway, I think that I don't have much chance with her, seeing as she has a boyfriend whom she has had for most of her "adult" time - she's 19. Plus she mentions him quite a lot - as if to remind me that she has a boyfriend! But do you think anything should be read into the comments she has made?

Has anybody here ever got a girl that was in a fairly serious relationship at the time?

There is also a hot girl at my uni, who I asked out for a drink a while ago. She said "I'd really like to but I have a boyfriend". I havn't seen her for a while, until yesterday, when she walked past me while I was going into an exam, and and she said "hey". (couldnt talk while waiting for an exam). Now this girl did seem to have high interest, but is with a boyfriend.

Is there any point pursuing girls with boyfriends? Or is it just a waste of time? What experiences have other people had with this??

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe you should start looking for single girls?

lloyd_bank$

Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe, but any girls I do like and get on with all seem to have boyfriends!!
Like this girl I met in a club just before easter - got her number, she asks if I want to see her again, so I tell her after easter break. I contact her after the easter break and she says she's seeing someone!!
maybe its just the first thing girls can think of to reject me - it seems to happen a lot!!

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, it happens to me alot. i am always attracted to the taken girls. probably cause they are quiet and act more mature. they just have this glow around them and i keep falling for them. the ones i'm not interested in are single. mad stuff. just keep looking and be patient. leave the taken girls alone man, too much trouble. sometimes they are just using you for attention. girls can never have too much of it, even if they ARE taken.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should forget this girl - there's nothing in what she said to suggest she has any real interest.

You will meet a lot of girls who say they have boyfriends. This is because, in order of the most likely:

a. They actually DO have boyfriends and want to put you off
b. They don't have a boyfriend but just want an easy way of putting you off
c. They want to make you jealous and make a play for them.

Remember that option c. is very unlikely.

Most attractive women with good personalities do have boyfriends, especially at uni age, and many use the 'monkey branch' technique to ensure they are never single for more than a short time.

So I think it's best not to go after them directly, but just keep them 'on the back burner' in case they're looking around for their next 'branch'. In the meantime go for the single girls.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cultivate the friendship, flirt with her (a lot). Hopefully she has some cute friends she can hook you up with. Ask her about them (if she is feeling you, she may even get a few pangs of jealousy :))

Make a point of asking her to meet her bf. Even if you don't get to meet him, she will tell him that you want to meet him. You become less of a threat in his eyes, leaving you to make more moves on her that he won't get jealous about.

This is win-win.

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't agree with the MEET the BF and be perceived as less of a threat.

If your going through the whole process of flirting with this girl, hanging with this girl, meeting this girls friends, metting this girls BF, and on and on,

I'm sorry but you obviously can't get many girls.

Hooking up with a girl who has a BF happens all the time and if it does, oh well.

But putting all this work into a girl who you know has a BF and then going out and meeting the BF and hanging with him, your more of a loser, then a DJ.

I mean come on, if it happens with this girl, it happens, otherwise why are you gonna spend so much time with ONE GIRL who is obviously either playing you, playing her BF or playing both of you?

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to rain on your parade but this girl is doing all those things from a "friends" perspective and there is no IL that she has on you. Just look at all the things you mentioned that she has done, now see them from a friends perspective. Do they make sense? If you find one thing that absolutely cannot make any sense from the friends perspective, then you're in. I don't think you're in though. But you can stil be friends and ask her "Do you know any girls that are single, that you could introduce me to?"