Girls I Meet Through Friends Seem More Valuable..

naes

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always found that girls I meet randomly don't really hold much value to me. However, if I meet a girl through a good friend, I am much more attracted to her.
Anyone else feel this way?

Its like I connect with them better if I know there was some sort of screening (essentially picked out by a friend) involved. Also, it seems easier for the girl to be attracted to me when it is this scenario as well. She likes me more because I've been approved by her friend and I like her more because she's been approved by my friend. Does this make sense to you guys?

Last edited:

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Relates to "Social Proof"

Cold approaches can work if she is physically attracted to you, guys who scream "It don't work" because they are ugly mofos who think they can pick up anyone.

naes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hitman10000 said:
Relates to "Social Proof"

Cold approaches can work if she is physically attracted to you, guys who scream "It don't work" because they are ugly mofos who think they can pick up anyone.
I'm talking more along the lines of how I feel about the girls...some random girl on the street has less value to me than a friend's female friend.

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
naes said:
I've always found that girls I meet randomly don't really hold much value to me. However, if I meet a girl through a good friend, I am much more attracted to her.
Anyone else feel this way?

Its like I connect with them better if I know there was some sort of screening (essentially picked out by a friend) involved. Also, it seems easier for the girl to be attracted to me when it is this scenario as well. She likes me more because I've been approved by her friend and I like her more because she's been approved by my friend. Does this make sense to you guys?
it's because you have more of a connection with the chick. you meet through a common friend and thus feel that you two know each other and are connected somehow, so you see them as better than some chick off the street who you've never seen.

and she likes you better because ur friend has already proven you a good mate, so u dont have to do much of any "work" to win her over.

same for you, ur friends say she would be good for you, so you take there word for it and like her more.

i guess with meeting them throw friends, there is less of this "screening" or "prizing" concept, and more general attraction from both sides.

naes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing to mention is that the friends I've had since high school and before (im in college now) seem more valuable to me than the friends I am now meeting. The friends I make now are good, but there just seems to be a void when I hang out with them.

PuroDeAgave

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe youre more attracted to them because you get to know them better and easier. I think it all just depends on weather you like her or not because theres some girls you would just next right after you meet them.

Say you talk to a girl you just met for 5 minutes theres a chance that you won't even like her. You might just want to next her right off the bat.Theres just more of a chance of you not liking her at all on cold approaches or whatever.

I think the girls you meet through your friends are just more likely to be more compatable with you since they are after all friends of your friends

underdog

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you. Also I can also disagree to, the reason I disagree is cause sometimes you might meet a awesome girl in public. But yeah I do agree with what your saying, because I have meet some cool girls from friends. So I guess it works both ways.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is kind of intersting. The connection you have with a girl you've met through a friend could stem from many reasons. You start out with a common bond because you both already know at least one person who's spent some time with you and presumably knows something about you both. This person obviously thinks somewhat positive things about you both otherwise you wouldn't be friends. That notion likely makes you at least some what more comfortable with one another. If anything you can discuss the person you have incommon and develop repore instantly via that connection as it's a subject that's positive and can produce other postive conversation.

I've met girls with whom we have common aquaintances and they've been the subject of out discussions at times as well, but really that's essentially what all connections consist of whoever the person is, no matter how you met them. You stem intrest and create bonds through communication and interaction. Even with cold approaches you'll search for common grounds between the two of you and attempt to create bonds.