Girls asking for your number?

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do girls ask for your number?

When you guys get the number of some girl, does she usually ask for yours as well?

Is it a bad sign if she doesn't want to trade? Is it her showing low interest level?

I would like to get your guys' feedback on this!

Last edited:

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Common, any DJ's have any insight on this? There has to be someone who at least has some experience in this matter...

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on how you ask... i usually offer mine, or tell them we should exchange numbers..

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
depends on how you ask... i usually offer mine, or tell them we should exchange numbers..
How are the results when you offer your number? Does she usually call?

Boston DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I TELL her to give me her number, then I call it on the spot let it ring once then hangup and tell her now she will know who it is when I call. 99% of the time they put my name in their phone immediately.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
There's a mindset that giving her your number tends to putting the ball into her court and you end up playing the waiting game. I infrequently give out my number and seldom (if any) ask for her number, especially if we are just getting to know one another. Not asking seems to make them feel as if they are in control of how you contact them.

It's not a big deal to me since my goal is to see them again face to face and not just chatting on the phone. I tell them that we should meet at a certain place at a certain time and they agree, no phone number needed. However, there are times when they offer their number just because they are anxious themselves. When they do that it's a good indicator of their interest level.

I'm meeting up with a woman on Friday who gave me her number to call her before the date (talk about an AFC move), but she is extremely interested. I haven't called her yet and she doesn't have my number.

Am I playing a game with her? Nope, I don't have a reason to call her. By the time she gets home from work I'm out for the evening. There's not a need to be dependent on having a woman's number, if she's interested you'll be able to hook up using few spoken words if any.

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
There's a mindset that giving her your number tends to putting the ball into her court and you end up playing the waiting game. I infrequently give out my number and seldom (if any) ask for her number, especially if we are just getting to know one another. Not asking seems to make them feel as if they are in control of how you contact them.

It's not a big deal to me since my goal is to see them again face to face and not just chatting on the phone. I tell them that we should meet at a certain place at a certain time and they agree, no phone number needed. However, there are times when they offer their number just because they are anxious themselves. When they do that it's a good indicator of their interest level.

I'm meeting up with a woman on Friday who gave me her number to call her before the date (talk about an AFC move), but she is extremely interested. I haven't called her yet and she doesn't have my number.

Am I playing a game with her? Nope, I don't have a reason to call her. By the time she gets home from work I'm out for the evening. There's not a need to be dependent on having a woman's number, if she's interested you'll be able to hook up using few spoken words if any.
Excellent points!

I appreciate that you speak from experience!

verysuave

Banned
Reaction score
ChapStick said:
When you guys get the number of some girl, does she usually ask for yours as well?

Is it a bad sign if she doesn't want to trade? Is it her showing low interest level?

I would like to get your guys' feedback on this!

My friend asked for this chick's number once from his class. She was one of those nice and friendly chicks.. So, he aproached and asked for her number and she was like "OK, give me your number so I can put it in my cellphone" and so he did. She calls my friend up on his cellphone right there on the spot.

So, couple days later, he tries calling her and she DIDNT PICKUP! because she knew it was him calling her. I feel like that could be a possible downside of exchanging numbers with these broads.

coco99

Don Juan
Reaction score
a girl i've seen around a few times caught my interest.

we spoke briefly back and forth so i said what's your # and she looked kinda surprised and said jokingly 'what are you going to stalk me?' and i said yes after her, her and her *pointing to a bunch of cute girls around us*.

anyway, she gave me her # (didn't ask mine and that was that). that was last thursday and i still havent call her.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
girls usually offer me their #'s. I don't usually give my number out.

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always get her number never give your it keeps you in control.

I never give out my number because I hate to get unexpected calls from girls. There are to many problems with it namely for me it is not remembering anything about the girl when she calls. If I have the number it means I am always in control of the situation.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NickBe said:
..I never give out my number because I hate to get unexpected calls from girls...

Been there....
[Ring....]
Francisco: Hello.

Female caller: Hi Francisco, guess who?

Francisco: [DOH!.... Looks at caller ID and doesn't recognize name]

Francisco: [DOH! (again)]

Francisco: If this is Paris or Lindsay, I'm telling you for the last time I'm not interested!!!!

Plain & Simple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me from experience when you ask a girl for her number and she tells you let me get urs instead, that's a rejection.
That's the nicest way that a girl can reject you the ones that don't wanna be mean or seem like a *****.

Has happened to me a couple of times reason why I don't give out my number no more without getting hers first.

If I ask for her number (which u should never ask for her number in the first place but state it) and she says let me get urs instead, I reply straight from left field " well its been nice talking to you though"

Cause believe me if she doesn't wana give u her number she basicly is rejecting you, instead of her saying no you can't have my number or whatever she might say she gets you off her back by getin urs instead which she has no intentions of using.

bachelor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Never TRADE numbers. That shows a sign of weakness. If she asks for yours after she has given you her number, be like " If I call you later on this week , you will have it." You have to flip it on her and if she has to get your number first and won't give you hers then tell her its a no go. It's a sign of desperation trust me!

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bachelor said:
Never TRADE numbers. That shows a sign of weakness. If she asks for yours after she has given you her number, be like " If I call you later on this week , you will have it." You have to flip it on her and if she has to get your number first and won't give you hers then tell her its a no go. It's a sign of desperation trust me!
I love that advice on saying, " If I call you later on this week , you will have it."

Basically from what I gather is that Interested chicks don't ask for your number as well...At least, in most cases..

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I once got approached by a chick a few years ago in a club and she gave me her number, so i gave her mine kinda traded. It turned out kinda weird with 50 text messages on my phone the next day when I turned my phone on as soon as I got off work. She was a really hot chick and my type to a T looks wise, but she seemed like a bunny boiler so I stopped seeing her after 2 dates.

Since then I havn't gave my number out to any chick before receiving theirs first and the first time they get it is when I text or phone them.

Another time a few month ago, I got talking to this other chick and I asked for the number and she said "I don't remember it", I pretty much thought she blew me out, and said "ok I'll catch you later". Then a while later she came and found me and said "sorry i couldn't remember my cell phone number but do you want my house number instead?" I got the digits but I never phoned her, because I didnt have the bottle to phone her house phone and someone else pick up haha

Budheavy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see it as a bad sign but it's situationally dependant. Just last night I got a girl's phone number by suggesting that she give it to me. After I had entered it in my phone she asked for my number, that way she would know who it is on her caller ID, when I called. I find this to actually be helpful because it increases the chance of a short conversation as opposed to having to leave a message. A lot of girls, or people in general, will not pick up their phone unless they know the number.

I wouldn't suggest that they take your number, but if they ask it isn't necessarily a bad thing.