Girls and musicians

bassdude

Reaction score
Why is it that girls love musicians?
Is it the artisit facet or is it because we are often indepentant?

I'm trying to figure this out since being in a band has boosted the rate I meet girls by over 100%.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're the center of attention, the man of the hour when you're in a band, especially the lead singer. Girls LOVE to be in the spotlight and guys in bands have that.

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is the drummer in your band getting the same attention from the chicks?

Secretly, I knew there was another reason why I started playing drums again...

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drummers/bassists/backup guitarists etc don't get as much because they aren't in the lead of the band.

For example I'm the lead guitarist and singer of my band, and I have people I've never met come up to me and ask me about my music. People don't do that for the drummer and bassist of the band because they're kind of in the background, they aren't the sort of spokesperson of the band.

Not to say don't play drums, but don't play any musical instrument just to get girls, do it for youself and if it helps with chicks, awesome. But don't expect it to, play instruments for yourself.

Reaction score
I'm in a band and I'm the lead singer. I've noticed that it works on the younger chicks more than the older ones usually. They're already freaking out that a guy 2 years older than them is talking to them and the fact that theyre on stage makes them crazy.

Retrothe80sninja

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious, but do y'all think that Pianists would have the same effect since the piano is usualy considered more conservative and less exciting than rock and roll style instruments?

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Retrothe80sninja
Just curious, but do y'all think that Pianists would have the same effect since the piano is usualy considered more conservative and less exciting than rock and roll style instruments?
Been there, done that. Nope. That doesn't mean to stop playing it though, if you enjoy it, continue with it. It's not like it's helping you, it just won't hurt you. It's neutrel with women, although it helps with other areas of you rlife. Creativity, inspiration, etc.

Anchorman

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very true that being in a band helps you meet chicks. Unfortunately, my band plays death metal so I dont get to meet as many, but its all good. BTW I play guitar.

Zoso

Don Juan
Reaction score
You could learn some mainstream songs that girls are likely to have heard. For example:

Billy Joel - Piano Man
Coldplay - Clocks, The Scientist
Ben Folds Five - Brick

You can rock out with piano, too.

bassdude

Reaction score
If you really immerse yourself in music. Become music.

If you run around on stage letting it all out. (or you play piano with so much energy that people are just drawn in)

If you become your music, people notice! My band has a piano player (well.. keyboard, but still). He gets tons of poon mainly cuz he is so damn talented.

Anchorman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also the type of music your band plays has a huge effect on how many and what kind of girls you will attract. If you play mostly nice songs, with clean riffs, you will probably attract more girls then if you play raw grind guitar, blast beats and deep growl vocals.

Trumpetman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha

Sad to say but the trumpet isn't really a good instrument for getting girls. However since I am the best I do get a lot of credit and I am in the spotlight a lot so it can attract a few chicks