girlfriends who are too busy with work.

hitchcock1

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a girlfriend who i've been on a date with like 5 times or so. we have great times out together and we are really affectionate with each other, and all of that good stuff. the only problem is that she has a serious career job and therefore she gets tied up with that and for the most part, we only can meet up like once a week at most. for that reason, i sent her a present to remind her of me, which she loved, but then a week later we're back to never meeting up or talking on the phone.

what do you guys do about this?

THIAGO BRAZIL II

Don Juan
Reaction score
sending her a gift

wrong action I think

My ex was always busy too. And that ltr sucked so much !

I would go for another girl. If she can give you time, you can give her time. Otherwise... forget it man.. you will suffer in vain.

Lo5t

Reaction score
She got you. She decides when you can meet with her. I had gf like that. Ending was very sad for me "I know, you want me, but I cant meet with you so often. I hope than we will be friends, but now I cant give you nothing more"

Its the same like "**** off, I dont want spend my time with you". Sadly truth. So you must understand this. So fast as it's posible.

mistermarc

Don Juan
Reaction score
simple dude...u get another girl!!

hitchcock1

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah but honestly we have only been dating for like a month and a half, so maybe it's yet too early to expect to meet her up twice a week or even more often.

the only reason i have kept it going is because 1) it's early in our relationship 2) when we are together, i can really tell that she's into me 3) i see her as a good catch.

i know some people may take offense to it, but should i ask her to spend more time together?

Lo5t

Reaction score
Any more excuses? You're thinking like me a few months ago. If she really wants you, she will trying to get you back.

Do you have balls to/for (my poor english :( ) break up?

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something that needs to be Discussed.

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tell her how it is, if she wants to be with u, then she'll make time...otherwise NEXT

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mistermarc said:
simple dude...u get another girl!!
Hitchcock, I've been in your situation bro.. You really want it to work out but it aint gonna. Think of it this way, do you really only want to see a girl 1 day a week? Probably not, think about what you want in a gf. You probably want a girl who calls you up and wants to hang out a few times a week. When you find a girl who's really into you YOU'LL KNOW! She won't be able to get enough of you and you'll be able to feel the interest level. Keep searching man because it's frick'n fantastic when you finally find a girl who can't get enough of you.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm.. do you want to see your GF more then once a week? LOL

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
flexion_ said:
Hmm.. do you want to see your GF more then once a week? LOL

EXACTLY, look at it as blessing in disguise. Now you have 6 six days a week to see other girls. I mean seriuosly, how is she your "girlfriend" after 5 dates? Did you guys talk about being exlcusive or is she only your girlfriend in your mind?

Blusher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You barely know the girl so don't start calling her your "girlfriend" that doesn't make any freaking sense at all.

Keep searching man because it's frick'n fantastic when you finally find a girl who can't get enough of you.
I have to agree on that one. Enjoy these girls for what they are: nice company, good looking, funny, good in bed, you name it. But until you find one that's really madly in love with you and keep asking for more (more time with you, more commitment, more sex) then keep searching.

Remember guys, when her IL is way high, she makes time for you.

hitchcock1

Don Juan
Reaction score
usually i find the advice in this board really not worth my time,
but i should have listened to you guys. this girl who is too busy with work dropped me like it was hot.

i now consider it a blessing in disguise....

Reaction score
No surprise!! A girl is NEVER "too busy" for a man who she desires to be with!

She found someone else who she wanted to be with - you were her temporary attention-fix...

2) "when we are together, i can really tell that she's into me"

...she had you fooled by her false affection.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dang, that sucks

"i know some people may take offense to it, but should i ask her to spend more time together?"

Never - At least not explicitly like that.

milrenkb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As Al Bundy would say: "Your looking at this all wrong. Sure it sucks you have to see her once a week but damn, you have 6 days of freedom. GO AWAY PEG."

Look my point is this is actually a good thing. you just need to learn to use it to your advantage. Look 'Give her the gift of missing you.' If she really likes you as much as you claim then shes off alone daydreaming about you and as a result shes becoming more infatuated with you by the day. SHES HYNOTIZING HERSELF. And guess what if shes hypnotizing herself you can't say anything stupid. Your the perfect guy when your in her head. And at the same time shes rationalizing all the STUPID **** you do. However whats going on right now is your hypnotizing yourself and your setting yourself up to become needy and then she'll transfer you from the fun part of her brain to the obligation part and then theres no turning back. Stay calm ride the storm and if she likes you she'll let you know.

If you need an example of what not to do with a girl with a serious job then watch Friends Season 3 in the one where ross and rachel take a break. Yeah they had a more serious relationship but the same basic principles apply.