Girlfriend has many male friends

studofnorway

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so I've had this girlfriend for about 2 months and its going great.

The only concern I have is the fact that she has many, like 10, male friend whom she regurally hangs out with.

How does a girl differentiate between male friends and boyfriends? I sure know boys dont between girl-friends and "girl" friends,...

Bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice:

-Set some clear boundaries
-Do not EVER act worried, jealous or needy in front of her

Glad to see it's going great between the two of you. I do not believe there is a genuine problem here, unless she's never home or something blatant like that.

-Bill

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well if you SURE know that guys don't then that means you've got 10 guys out there that are just waiting for the opportunity to stick their hot dog between your girlfriends buns.

a woman with 10 male friends is a bit odd.

generally speaking i find these women tend to be b*tches. they can't maintain any genuine relationships with females, so they can only make friends with males (who put up with their at times self centered behavior).

as for does it mean anything? to be honest it hink a lot of women dont think about it. right now she's probably think she's getting the meatstick from you, so her needs are met. when her needs aren't met she'll probably turn to one of her male friends - who will be the shoulder to cry on and afterwards available to penetrate every orifice on her body.

:crackup:

personally i don't trust a woman with lots of male friends, i can't get a read on them like i can regular chics.

risky territory in my opinion.
J

SuPaF1y

Don Juan
Reaction score
well there is a big diffrence bewteen friends and "friends". do you know these guys??? do you all hang togeather??

i would just tell her how i felt and if she kept going out with them i would drop her like the bit*h she is if shes cheating on you and show no emotion whatsoever.

but its your call, goodluck

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You probably started dating her because she was a fun and interesting woman. Now you are concerned that those qualities makes her interesting to other people. Learn to get over your own anxiety.

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am dealing with the same type of girl right now. She only has 1 female friend.
I would recomenc to judge her by her actions. Is she always eager to go see you and always picks up the phone when you call?...
..No normal woman would want mostly male friends.,that said, she is getting enough male attention from her friends to gratify her ego. That might help her to be more faithful to you..as you are the only guy she sees as a sexual interest.
Thise "male friends" are just probably a bunch of AFC who are ok with having a female friend who they don't have a chance to fukkin. So you got nothing to worry about. Be cool:D

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Viking25

..No normal woman would want mostly male friends..
You haven't talked to many women have you? Tons hate the company of other women because they are catty back stabbers. Oh they may have lunch with them or hang out once in a while but they will tell you that their real friends are mostly men. Now those men may be AFC emotional tampons for them but none the less, they are still men (kinda).

Reaction score
I generally wouldn't have a problem with a girlfriend having male friends, since I have a lot of female friends. But I think it's important that you assess whether or not any of these "friends" are actually a threat. If she hangs out with 10 afcs b/c they grew up together and went to school together no big deal. I'd only worry if there is a history between her and any of the guys. Additionally, I really don't have a problem with a girl who still hangs out with friends she had before she met me, but I usually don't take kindly to a girl who will continually expand her list of potential suitors while we're going out. Another thing to consider is whether or not this girl is putting you ahead of these other guys. If she's choosing to hang out with them rather than you, then there's a problem. As long as you come first to her and she'd rather be with you than anyone else, you're all good.

nectarine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting topic.

I like women with many male friends; they're approachable, seldom *****y, usually down to earth, and they generally hold the rest of their fsex in as high suspicion as I do. All qualities I like.

Trouble is, they also tend to have masculinised approaches to sex, meaning they ****ed all those guys at some point and remained friends with them, and are just as warm and down to earth (and thus available) with other guys as they are with me.

My experience tells me that provided you're in a relationship and thats agreed, she'll keep her panties on around these guys, though you can bet they're pissed off about it.

Unless she's a big fat liar and you're just her latest schmuck while she enjoys the company of these guys away from you.

You know what you've got to do of course; spy on her. I'm a big proponent of that. A little stalking goes a long way. You just ask a friend to watch her a bit or something, and then your minds either at rest or you can drop her for lying. Wasn't that easy?

studofnorway

Don Juan
Reaction score
SuPaF1y asked

"well there is a big diffrence bewteen friends and "friends". do you know these guys??? do you all hang togeather??"

No, she moved to town, and these guys are people she knew from home, but she seldomly hangs out with them, basically chats with them on MSN

Viking25 asked
Is she always eager to go see you and always picks up the phone when you call?

Yes and yes..

But I must admitt, I did not think about it untill the following happened:

She hung up a picture with her and her previous boyfriend, apperently, hugging, who is an american and lives there, but was here for a while as I understand.

Now help me with the following, she stills tells me what a great guy he is, and that he is moving here next year or something...

Could someone tell me what I am in for?

I guess girls are getting male-sex-attitudes ;)

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by studofnorway
She hung up a picture with her and her previous boyfriend,
Red Flag Number 1

she stills tells me what a great guy he is,

Red Flag Number 2

and that he is moving here next year

Read Flag Number 3

I think that’s enough Red Flags to hit the EJECT button and NEXT this girl.

Or have some girls on the side and use her then NEXT

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flags yes, next no.

The most alpha thing you can do is be okay with her having male friends, however many. The worst thing you can do is act threatened.

If you can't stand the heat, date plain chicks.

Riddler

Don Juan
Reaction score
if i were you i'd start seeing other girls. not necessarily dating them, but you could start planting seeds to have other relationships with girls because it sounds like this may be trouble.

How do you react when she talks about her ex-BF being so great etc, or when she mentions she was hanging out with her 10 guy friends etc? Maybe she sees that you get a bit jealous and she likes getting that rise out of you. The best thing would be to act like it doesn't affect you at all and make sure you are aware of how youre reacting to her.

I've been there man. I dated a girl who was real down to earth, had a lot of guy friends because she just had a chill "guys" personality. You gotta make sure that you don't appear jealous of her guy friends and just get a lot of girl friends yourself. I started hanging out with some girls and being somewhat flirty with them and this made my gf so jealous i could just see it in her eyes. Yet when she tried doing the same i didn't react. This girl loved me, but eventually i had to let her go and move on to bigger and better things hehehe. :D