Girlfriend asks "What's your biggest insecurity"

The_Lifter

Don Juan
Reaction score
My LTR asked me this yesterday, at first I gave a funny answer and she laughed, then she asked me again, which was cool as I knew she would. I gave it some thought and said. "Sometimes I feel that I don't apply myself to my [university] work as completely as I should and then I get frustrated when I don't do well." I didn't want to say anything that would give her the power, like saying "cheating" or something similar. But I have two questions.

1) Why is she asking things like this, does she think I'm too dominant or does she want me to open up more?

2) Any suggestions for a better response?

Cheers.

Vampire

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's your girlfriend, man. No need to play games at this point (I hope). That seems like a pretty solid answer. As to why she asked, maybe she just wants to know you better. Vulnerability creates intimacy and bonding.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vampire said:
Vulnerability creates intimacy and bonding.
...and too much of it makes the relationship turn "wierd"

You should only show her enough to let her know your human.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vampire said:
It's your girlfriend, man. No need to play games at this point (I hope). That seems like a pretty solid answer. As to why she asked, maybe she just wants to know you better. Vulnerability creates intimacy and bonding.

She'll use it against you at some point in an argument. That's not why she's asking but she most likely will.