Girl wants me to go on fake date with her!

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hubris
Dudes, a hot girl is asking him out on a date on a day that heavily favours getting some.

The only thing that is keeping him from dating a hot girl is the word "fake". Who cares what she calls it? Who cares how she rationalizes it in her own mind.
actually this is a very good point , yes, what she "says" is irrelevant and meaningless, BUT ONLY to someone with half a clue .

its all well and good to have your attitude and understanding, but scroll up and see for yourself...................see? this guy doesnt .

aswell as having no clue hes also too wrapped up in giving a sh!t what she thinks/says.

Black Bahindian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lemme get this straight:

She's (as you say) hot, but can't seem to find a boyfriend? I think that there's something that she's not elaborating on. I'm assuming that it's not that she couldn't find a boyfriend (bad choice of words in my opinion, beacuse I don't think she was looking for one, per se), but that the men who approached her, didn't suit her needs, and therefore were rejected. This "fake date" seems like an ego boost to me, so I would probably refuse it if I were you.

But even if she somehow was showing interest at that time, and this was actually some sort of way to get you to make a move on her, ask her out probably the week after, here the ball is in YOUR court, where as the fake date was in hers.

However, if she makes some bullshyt ass excuse on why she can't come to YOUR date, then you should know what your next action would be.

My two pennies

danziger

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I find weird is that she asked you a month before hand. If it was a few days before Valentines and both she and you didn't have anything else lined up then it wouldn't be so suss. She's hot and can't get a Valentines date?

Here's what I'd do:

1. Tell her that you will consider it and let her know closer to Valentines Day.
2. Go ask other women out for Valentines Day dates (real dates).
3. If you do end up going she's paying, no questions. If you don't get anywhere with her it will be a good chance to practice your DJ techniques and it will get you out of the house. Chances are there will be other women there too who will see you with her so it will be good social proof too. Then if she goes home early you can DJ them :)

If she really wants to go out with you then she would have asked for a real date much sooner than Valentines.

Good luck!

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ( . )( . )

congrats, you just re-joined the majority of men., did you even leave?

What are you talking about bro?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has it been suggested that you turn down her v-day offer and counter to go out Tuesday after (the 17th)? Her answer should give you some insight into her real intentions.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By Hubris
Dudes, a hot girl is asking him out on a date on a day that heavily favours getting some.

The only thing that is keeping him from dating a hot girl is the word "fake". Who cares what she calls it? Who cares how she rationalizes it in her own mind.
Wait a minute here.

The reason she's asking for a "fake" date is because she isn't interested in anything real with Dave111. In that case there is no chance of him "getting some" unless he increases her IL before hand.

If Dave really wants to figure this chick out he should ask her out on a real date before V-day, or whenever.

or

Next time he sees her he should give her a great big kiss right on the lips. No matter how she responds just say "Don't worry that was a fake kiss" :)

Hubris

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, all you nay-sayers on the "don't accept the girl's date because she used the word 'fake'" here are 2 questions for you.

1) Why did she ask Dave111 out? I bet you any money that she didn't ask all of her guy friends, just him.

2) When was the last time you ever asked someone out on a 'fake' date? Can you think of any situation in which that makes sense?

She's a girl who's asking a guy out. That is very unusual (girls don't ask), so she's calling it 'fake' as a defence so that she isn't pushy and so that she can ask her friend.

If she really is hot, and female, she could go up to any casual acquaintance and get a date out of them. She doesn't want to do that though, because she wants to have a good time (she's probably not thinking of sex but still).

People on these boards are so obsessed with elitism and treating women poorly that they've forgotten the real goal. Sex with hot girls.

And to those who say that she just wants her ego stroked, yes, that's certainly an element. But she doesn't want to be stroked, ego or otherwise, by any moron who's beneath her.

Dave111

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm lots of responses to this post

I dont really give two shiits what this girl thinks, I think she's sexy and if I dont have any dates lined up on valentines day, I will go out and fire into her, what have I got to lose.

the trouble with some of you's guys is that you's read into things far far too much.

I've had a long think about it now, and I will make my move the next time I'm out with her.