Girl said she used to have a crush on me

Wolve

Don Juan
Reaction score
didn't know where else to put this. I'm a sophmore in college now and was trying to find out when the last day of school was so I started IMing people. I started talking to this girl I used to go to school with and after a min she says she used to have a crush on me and even made a bet she would kiss me before senior year ended. I had no idea at the time and joked around with her about making her dream come true, etc. she said it was too late now so i just told her to call me if she wanted to go on a romantic cruise or something. she asked for my number and i went to the gym.

i'm gonna go for it after finals week, but what do you think my odds are? i haven't seen her in almost two years

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it depends. Remember that she was interested in you BACK THEN. Might not be now. She might just be wanting to get that off her chest. On the other hand, it could be a good thing! You might not have wanted to tell her a romantic cruise lol, but who knows. Could be overanalyzing. This reminds me of a personal time though where I was IMing this HB9 who is sorta my one-itis, and who lives out of state and she told me that she liked me when we were together and I told her that I liked her too. I didn't have the balls to ask her out, but I quickly came up with the excuse that she was already going out with some guy. I sorta dropped it at that. Maybe I should tell her to go on a romantic cruise ;)

Wolve

Don Juan
Reaction score
well i'm pretty sure she knew I was kidding (I said a moonlight diner on a romantic cruise after a horseback ride on the beach in France).

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha sorry didn't know all that. You'd be surprised at what some people do for girls that they aren't even dating. I helped out this kid who bought some girl who was "leading him on" a $1000 dollar necklace that he had worked for many months to get, lol. But about what you said don't worry it will work itself out :)

DJ_Matthew

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolve said:
didn't know where else to put this. I'm a sophmore in college now and was trying to find out when the last day of school was so I started IMing people. I started talking to this girl I used to go to school with and after a min she says she used to have a crush on me and even made a bet she would kiss me before senior year ended. I had no idea at the time and joked around with her about making her dream come true, etc. she said it was too late now so i just told her to call me if she wanted to go on a romantic cruise or something. she asked for my number and i went to the gym.

i'm gonna go for it after finals week, but what do you think my odds are? i haven't seen her in almost two years
Chances are she still likes you.

She might have been testing you with this. I say go ahead and get her.

Grizou

Don Juan
Reaction score
Testing your reaction on her statement. Imagine yourself saying someone you had a crush on for years that you used to like her. *risk of over-analyzing things* Either she tried to see if there's any chance you might feel the same/be interested in her or she said it in a way which was meant rather friendly. I think women are not that different concerning one-itis. My personal experience is that I had two women telling me they had a crush on me some years ago and each time it was an easy deal to close. Yet, I don't want to generalize this situation. But an easy way to test the waters would be to respond in a joking, funny way "that it's too bad she changed her mind". I am not saying you should tell her straight away that you would love to **** her on the spot. Show her some interest without revealing to her how her chances are. On the one hand, she might jump on the train and be pursuing you once again, or on the other hand she might laugh it off in a friendly manner.

I guess you'll have to let your charms play to find out what's going on...

Wolve

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess so. Finals are done, but I haven't seen her around. I've spoken to her online a little, but she doesn't really seem interested. I'll wait until I see her at a party or something before I forget about it entirely, though.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said that to a girl once... It blew her mind :D

I said to her once while at a party "I used to have a crush on you"

She couldn't get off me, wondering why I didn't STILL have a crush on her.

It didn't go very far, but I've filed it away in my mind as a good opener for a girl... It drives them wild.

Wolve

Don Juan
Reaction score
that's pretty much exactly what happened. haha

I haven't seen her in a while. Should I try to set something up over aim? She never seems too interested online tho, she plays it off.