girl said I was boring on the phone

BLUEox117

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JT47319
Still more AFC bullshit advice.

Now on one hand, you should be a little less available, you don't want to burn out all topics of conversation. But on the other hand, PHONE TIME IS GAME TIME. Don't just FLUFF, go into DEEP and WIDE RAPPORT.

Hell, start PHONE SEXING her.

Anyways, think of this as an opportunity to improve your phone game, voice, and tonality so that you CONVEY interest, sexuality, and intrigue.
smartest post yet, all that bull**** advice about "phone is fluff talk and setting up dates" is copy and pasted from the don juan bible man, the phone is a great tool

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I did to discourage a girl not to call me on the phone - the first time she called for no reason I said, "So...did you just call me for a chat?"

Girl: "Yeah"
Me: "Oh..I much prefer talking to you in person...i can't see your facial expressions"
Girl: "Yeah phone is bad for that blah blah"
Me: "Exactly...I'm not a phone kinda guy"
Girl: "Oh sorry" (hahahahah, depends on the girl but she might get apologetic"

Me: *changed subject and fluffed for 2 mins max so as not to be rude*
Me: "Alright I gotta go now, I'll see you at *insert place and time*"
Girl: "Bye!"

It worked and we never had a phonecall over 5 minutes again.

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJmonster
I don't want to be rude and not answer or not call her back when she tells me she wants to talk, and its hard for me to be rude on the phone and say "I got to go, I'm busy" or "I better get some sleep, talk to you later."
:D

StringShredder

Don Juan
Reaction score
This chick obviously has a high interest level. If she is calling you and blabbing to you for the better part of an hour, you know that her IL is in the 51+ range, to use the Doc's language.

I think you are in the right frame of mind to be trying to get rid of her and letting her do most of the talking; just need to work a little harder at cutting the conversations short.

The way you should do it is by saying that you are getting ready to go somewhere, at a particular time. You are meeting someone and so you can't talk for very long. Let her blab for a few minutes and then come back with, look as I mentioned before, I really have to go. Where do you have to go? Don't always say that you have to meet another chick; that will become obvious, but do drop that sometimes.

You're a busy guy! You work out to keep in shape, you meet friends, you work, you date, you have important hobbies, you go shopping, etc. If you tell her you are getting ready to meet a girl, be sure that when she calls the next day, talk about how great your date was and the great goodnight kiss and all that ****.

Also, why don't you call her straight on her bull? "Look, why do you keep calling me so much? Are you looking for a boyfriend? You aren't going to get one with all this girl-to-girl chit-chat. I'm a guy, I ain't too interested in a whole lot of talk. If you want to come over, we can cuddle."

Why do you care about not upsetting her? Who cares? It's healthy for people to get upset.

Also, do you not have call display? Where is your answering machine? If you really are a busy guy, you shoudn't even be around to answer the phone. Let your machine take a message. She can blab to the machine, and later you can just drop that erase button on the mf-ing bytch, my homie.

MrHarris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"What are some ways to spice up phone conversations? (links appreciated) "

Here is a novel approach that works 100% of the time. Try taking a real interest in her life and stop being so into just your own life.

My ex always needed to call me before bed to talk about her day and this is what women do. They need to talk. Just be thankful it's you and not another man she is letting it all out to.

BLUEox117

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MrHarris
"What are some ways to spice up phone conversations? (links appreciated) "

Here is a novel approach that works 100% of the time. Try taking a real interest in her life and stop being so into just your own life.

My ex always needed to call me before bed to talk about her day and this is what women do. They need to talk. Just be thankful it's you and not another man she is letting it all out to.
no if shes telling you ALL about her day that isnt an indication of anything positive, it can go both ways.

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's with me and the girl starts talking to much, I'll just say something like "WOAH! Got to go BYE!", and hang up without even giving her a chance to say something.

It'll keep her wondering what came up that was such an emergency.

Dude, saying "got to go, I need sleep" is not rude, it's totally reasonable. Talking to her when you don't want to is like being rude to yourself.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one of the toughest things to deal with, especially early on in the relationship, when both of you are sort of smitten with each other and really enjoy hanging out with each other.

The problem with me was that I fell into trusting that the girl was different from other girls. Bottom line is this. Too much contact with anyone, including friends, is usually a recipe for disaster only because you start getting sick of each other after a while, then you sort of just get tired of it. You can't help this, and the only thing you can do to counteract it is to spend less time with each other. It's difficult, and begs the question of whether getting married is that great a concept. It seems that people should just be single, but if you want a family, then that's not going to work too well.

B

Billasec

Any links to articles on how to keep phone talk intresting and funny?

BLUEox117

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Billasec
Any links to articles on how to keep phone talk intresting and funny?
omg dont, talk to people in person
THATS THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF THIS SITE,
improving your relationship skills.