Girl giving mixed signals-- Help

robert smith

Reaction score
University classmate gave me her number, started texting, talking like normal (Been texting/talking for 2 weeks). Felt strong connection when speaking in person since the first conversation. Holds eye contact, smiles and waves when passing by me.

I texted her yesterday to see what she was up to, responds for the first time mentioning boyfriend, conversation went like this:

Me: What you up to?

Girl: Going out with my boyfriend in a bit, but whats up?

Me: Awesome! Have a great night. See you Tuesday.

Girl: Thanks u too ! See you !

All her social media points to having no bf whatsoever, body language suggests some interest in me. Is she faking the bf or what ? I don't understand her angle. How should I respond when I see her next week in class ?

usernamedox11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok,

unless you are cool with just being her friend, stop texting her.

also in the future when you deal with a girl that doesn't have a boyfriend, don't spend two weeks texting. You want to try and arrange a meet up much sooner than that. Probably at the end of your first text conversation.

robert smith

Reaction score
2 weeks talking/texting, total around 12 txt msgs altogether, 2 whole txt conversations. Do most of the talking in person, we only meet once a week for class, approached her right before thanksgiving break, she left the US for vacation, didn't speak during break (total of 7 days). Was going to ask her out yesterday, but got hit with that curveball.

usernamedox11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whether or not she has a BF, she's telling you she just sees you as a friend.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what mixed signals?

she's told you she has a bf, so she's told you she's not interested in you.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whether or not she has a BF, she's telling you she just sees you as a friend.
Yep... walk away, at least she will respect you. When women float out in casual conversation that they have a BF it is because she knows (truth is they ALWAYS know) that you have a much higher interest in them than they have in you and they are sending you a message that you are coming on too strong, or you should back off.

Go date other girls and make sure she knows about it, if the BF is not real or on his way out, and she likes you, then she'll reach out. If she does, try to make a date, if she won't go out than just keep walking.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
your investing too much bro. dont overthink this ish.

and to those saying she has a BF...who gives a fuk...

She just said "going with my bf BUT WHATSUP"

Bro take initiative be alpha say "check it out I know you got a BF but I really dont care, are you trying to come get a drink?"

Who cares what happens. This is of course if you wanna be somewhat of a scumbag going for another dudes girl. But hey, if shes receptive then shes the hoe.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be her orbiter. Be cordial in person and stop texting her. Girls like to keep orbiters to serve their agenda; attention, feeds their ego, uses them to make her BF jealous, etc.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
When i saw the title I already knew the answer.
As judge Nismo says , your princess is in another castle. When a woman wants you , she can turn the world upside down to have you.
This guy beat me to the punch, with my own fist! I better deliver a 4 hit combo

OP, delete her from all platforms. I'm gonna order you a Nolle Prosequi. Means do not follow. Not on Twitter, Instagram, anything. Do this unless you want to be her orbiter or friend, that's all she wants with you anyway.

Mixed signals don't exist. It's just:
1. A message you don't want to accept
2. Negative signals

However you look at it. And stop texting for weeks on end. Just save that sh*t for in person next time.

BTW: IHAB means you're showing too much interest, and/or she's not interested. If she is interested enough, she won't mention a BF or any other guy in the picture, for fear you'll run away and find another woman.

Case closed. Get out of my court.

robert smith

Reaction score
3 things I forgot to mention: I didn't ask for her #, she gave it to me. She added me first on ig. She is from the middle east, but in no way stringently follows the culture (goes out, drinks, dresses like a normal person)

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God ... This thread. Really op? When she said she had a boyfriend you should've just gone ghost as if you've never even talked to her before.

"Case closed. " - nismo-4