girl gave me her number without me asking, is she interested?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at a charity gala last week (wednesday) that had a bunch of people I know at it, this one girl (HB7ish) that I happened to not normally talk to was wearing a really nice dress so I said to her "hey, I love your dress!" and she responded "thank you! come take a picture with me" so I did.

later in the night I told her to tag me in the pic on instagram when she posts it, she told me that she probably wouldn't post it for a while and asked for my number to send it to me, I gave it to her and she called my phone so that I'd have her number, after she sent me the pics we took some more pics together on my phone (it was my idea that time), then I went home.

we've been texting intermittently since then, next time I see her will be on wednesday morning, what do you guys think?

(before anyone asks no I'm not spinning any plates atm, but it's certainly not for lack of trying, been a dry month for me. oh well, gotta start somewhere right?)

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean, what is there to think? Just tell her to meet you out for drinks one night. She might be, she might not. Who knows. Ask her out and you'll have your answer.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slight red flag: if she was really highly interested in you, she would post the pic on Instagram herself and ask you if she can tag you in it. She might or might not **** you, but early indicators are of confused interest level at best. Careful, don't go deep yourself with this one

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RED FLAG: She's either a PSYCHO, GOLDIGGER or some CRAZY.

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she putting herself in your path? Yes, she's interested.

The guys above me are overreacting with red flags. Smash this chick. You can evaluate red flags later if you're looking for an LTR.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she putting herself in your path? Yes, she's interested.

The guys above me are overreacting with red flags. Smash this chick. You can evaluate red flags later if you're looking for an LTR.
Just telling him to be careful and not invest himself too much into it because I have had several cases of girls who post pics of them and guys on social media and even say sweet words about the guy in the description. That's, in my opinion, high level of interest cause she's showin you to the world already. When she's hiding, it doesn't mean necessarily it's low IL. Not telling him to not pursue it, just to be careful, that's all :)

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just telling him to be careful and not invest himself too much into it because I have had several cases of girls who post pics of them and guys on social media and even say sweet words about the guy in the description. That's, in my opinion, high level of interest cause she's showin you to the world already. When she's hiding, it doesn't mean necessarily it's low IL. Not telling him to not pursue it, just to be careful, that's all :)
Too early for that. Only thing OP should be careful about is wearing a condom ;)

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought that too, but then I realized that it was equally likely that she was just making an excuse to exchange numbers as it was that she was trying to avoid posting a pic of us together

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE: I saw her today, she wasn't particularly talkative til towards the end of the day, the only things that stood out to me were her interest in where I live/what direction I go home in (presumably wanting to figure out if we could take the same bus/train) and the fact that for no particular reason she said "I'm going to go hang out with my friend, I don't like him but he always pays when we hang out, I'm tired and don't really want to go though"

however none of that matters since I texted her "wanna see a movie on friday?" and she responded with a paragraph explaining that she'll be busy all day on friday (no counteroffer), so I said something like "no problem, maybe we'll go some other time" and got no response (so far)

so now i'm gonna probably delete her number and start hitting on interns at my "job" (don't worry I am also an intern and I dislike working there anyway) tomorrow.