Girl Friends "Friend" (guy)

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rob23 said:
this is ridiculous i don't understand how you can jump to such a huge conclusion from what i said lol maybe i worded what i said wrong. PEOPLE SHES NOT CHEATING, AND SHES NOT GOING TOO!!! lol if shes interested in another guy , she will break this up first before moving on to another guy believe me. thats not the issue the issue is that i give so much freedom to my girl, im asking if thats wroung? i trust her fully, as a girl friend and friend that she would not do that. how can i tell her top stop chiling with guys when my job requires me to talk to girls every weekend and mingle with them. so now you think giving freedom to my girl is the wrong thing?
rob my man...Alias is right, but this is what you are missing....

whether or not you TRUST her that she wont/ is not/ and will never cheat on you without breaking up is irrelevant. I have my own views on this idea but that is irrelevant here as well... what DOES MATTER is this...

is there any difference from her cheating on you than her going out with another guy and you asking us if its wrong or not?

the issue is you (regardless if you admit it or not) have a problem with this going on. and whether or not you mention it to her or keep it to yourself makes no difference. YOU *(rob) is not getting what he wants. PERIOD.

is it okay for a gf to hang out with another guyfriend ?? well thats up to the two ppl in that particular relationship to decide. however this is not the case her. your not okay with it.

my BIGGEST issue with this is..you HONESTLY believe that your gf wouldnt cheat and i can tell you from experience that it HAPPENS. and if you shut that door and dont look back never it expecting to even have an opportunity to open, then you are setting yourself up for failure. now, having said that...

you may be right, this gf of yours may not ever cheat on you. your next gf may never cheat on you. but to say 100percent that there is no way possible for this to occur, is only going to hender you in your endevours

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, girls are being hit on and pursued all the time! Why are we surprised to hear this. If you don't believe me, hang out with a babe all day and see how many guys text her, IM her, myspace her. It's ridiculous. You just have to accept it. And the reason why some of you don't know this is because girls are more discreet about it. They don't brag about it like guys do. especially if they have a bf or seeing someone.

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when i first read this post i thought there was nothing more to add, alias pretty much summed it all up for you, especially if what he says about your older posts is true...

but then you wrote this:

rob23 said:
PEOPLE SHES NOT CHEATING, AND SHES NOT GOING TOO!!! lol if shes interested in another guy , she will break this up first before moving on to another guy believe me. thats not the issue
Rob, please... stick your head out of the sand! You are basically admitting that you have a oneitis (hell, maybe you're even IN LOVE?).

NO, she won't necessarily break this up before moving on, she s just gonna try as many diff guys as she can before she finds the right one

and if that s not the issue, then what the f***k is the issue?

we don't know enough details to say 100% that she is cheating, but we know enough to say 100% that she is a potential cheater and that is the only thing you should worry about. are you ready to accept that your girl will cheat on you? if so, then go on wit this relationship, if not then break things now before you get hurt

ya, sure, girls get hit on all the time and that in itself shouldn't bother you. But come on guys, be real, they KNOW they are being hit on... they know when it s a joke and they know when it s serious. you should start to worry when she obviously lets guys flirt wit her or she flirts back. seems like this is what your girl is doin so watch out!

asianJewey

Don Juan
Reaction score
sadly.. I'm beginning to think most girls are just potential cheaters waiting for the chance. They will make up any 'VALID' excuse for themselves for cheating, as ridiculous as it might sound to you *theexcuse* it would be enough to do for her.. Woman.. Ha!

nicknle

Reaction score
Who cares what she's doing with other guys? All that matters is how she feels about you, and how you feel about her. Life gets boring, people get boring, you know you can go out and get another girlfriend in a heartbeat, and she can probably do the same. Change is exciting, and there's no point dwelling over the matter or holding her back if it's the path she decides to pursue. Just enjoy the rapport and the trust you have while you can, cause eventually it will be gone. Eventually both you and your girlfriend will get old and unattractive, until then there's no point to settling down! Excitement is key.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a good female friend who most guys she talks to seem uncomfortable with the level of our friendship. But she lets them know from the get go what the situation is so that if they're not cool with it, they can get going.

Granted, we're probably more physical than we should be. People we've known for years still aren't convinced we don't sleep together. But it's seriously harmless. We're just very comforable with each other.

We make a point not to be too ridiculous about it in the presence of our significant others or prospects, but it still happens. Fortunately, most of the girls I date are cool about it.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, what is the younger generation coming to?

This is what you need to read, over and over again: "Granted, we're probably more physical than we should be. People we've known for years still aren't convinced we don't sleep together. But it's seriously harmless. We're just very comforable with each other."

So, some of you want to date a woman who is "probably more physical than (she) should be" with male friends?

Ridiculous! WTF is going on here? You people are accepting horish behavior from women.. it will only increase!

LMS is right, again... the hor populous is upon us!!!!

Dietzcoi

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lighten up, man. It really is harmless. There's no way I would ever sleep with this girl (again), and she wouldn't ever sleep with me. I look at her like my sister, and she looks at me like one of the girls...... yeah, I know. Not very flattering, but still.

We're like an old married couple. Extreme comfort and no romantic spark.

Although, I'll admit, it is a double standard on my part. I wouldn't date a girl that slept in the same bed with another guy when he was too drunk to drive home even if he was just a friend.

feelingloved

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust your gut.
Does she do things regularly to reassure you and raise your confidence & self esteem? Is it obvious she is afraid of losing you?
A girl with a high interest level would not do things which would threaten the relationship.
How she responded is key. If she rushes to explain, and reassure you, its a good sign. If she is indifferent or amused by your question, and you get no real answer, only occasional hints, it is a red flag and you need to lay down the law and take control. If she is mad at your question, its a HUGE RED FLAG, and it might be exactly time to walk.
This is only my opinion and I am still trying to find success with the women - so take it for what its worth.
Most of my GF cheated when (a) things were not going so well for me in my life and (b) I was almost certain of their commitment.

rob23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Check this out I really don't have a problem with her going out with guys I really don't loll it’s not about admitting to it. Lately she's busy with school and so on, 7 courses and a job kills you in university believe me. And I got a bit less attention, and seriously I need a lot of it loll there’s no shame there. and now she talks to me on the phone and says" im so sorry I haven’t had time with school and work, but ill make it up to you" that’s all I need is for her to REALIZE it, realize why im upset. I mean I don't want to explain everything to her. she’s not a bad girl, were not going down hill, I just never been in a relationship for the past 5 years so I don't really know what’s right and what’s wrong, im a very laid back guy to a point I may be blinded my a situation like all you think, but that’s not the case right now! The fact is that im thinking and making up **** in my mind because of my own insecurities that’s the answer!! I just need a away to improve that, ive never been like this, ive had many girls in my life, and I still do and I never stressed over any of them like so, how I may be playing my "cards" maybe be wrong I have people telling me just play your cards just like you did to get her?

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry to break it out to you Rob, but wit every post you put, your situations seems more tragic to me... (now that is a big word!) and i say it s tragic because you dont see what s going on.

Now let s forget about cheating for a second and just look at the BIG picture: whatever she s doing, she s too busy to spend enough time with you. You are NOT the #1 priority in her life + because of her "busy" schedule she has countless opportunities to cheat on you (here we go again...).

you know, i m not writing all these posts to convince you to break up with her. I just want to help you OPEN your eyes to what the situation is.

and if you really had NO DOUBTS about this girl, then why would you be posting about your girl on this f***ing forum.

hell695

Don Juan
Reaction score
how can you be so sure about this i mean she obviously a whole of respect because of her "why are you so concerned" response so I ain't gonna say she's cheating you should keep a eye on her and the way she treats you and talk to her tell her your comfortable with that guy just don't stick your head in the sand