Ghost Rider

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Sin City 2 will be fvcking nice as well. Have you seen the uncut Sin City? If not spend the thirty bucks at Best Buy and get it. Un-fvcking-believable!
Huh? WHa?

Consider it done!

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I saw this movie tonight with one of my plates (she paid of course).

While this movie certianly wasn't great and definately won't be winning any awards, it was still a GOOD movie. The story line was pretty good and ofcourse the special effects were killer.

Pros: Good story, like Spawn done right and is good from both a comic readers stand point as well as a religious one because it's about dealing with the devil and all that jazz. The CGI was fantastic, I never though a talking flaming skull would look that good and the rest of the demons in the movie were equally good. The pennace stare was done PERFECTLY to the letter.

Cons: Not enough Eva Mendez. Token hottie should of been used and abused as such. Probobly going to be confusing for people with shallow minds for philosophy. The final battle was not very climatic. Makes cops look like retards. Would you try to stand up to a ghostly imortal figure with your 45 or attempt to persue it on a motorcycle that leaves a wake of destruction and flaming trail?

Verdict: If you in anyway like how marvel has been making up for it's lack of comic sales by converting their endless comics to movies, then you have to see this movie. It's not as a$$ kicking as blade but it's at least as good as spiderman if not better. It's very similar to spawn but done much much better so if you like humans saving themselves from damnation then it's for you hands down. Obiviously if none of that appeals to you and you're just going to see the movie to see Eva Mendez, then wait for the DVD. She only has a few scenes and is not even close to being nude.

That's it.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
PRMoon said:
Pros: Good story, like Spawn done right and is good from both a comic readers stand point as well as a religious one because it's about dealing with the devil and all that jazz. The CGI was fantastic, I never though a talking flaming skull would look that good and the rest of the demons in the movie were equally good. The pennace stare was done PERFECTLY to the letter.
I agree that this was what Spawn aspired to be. The acting was goofballish and some of the dialogue was trite but all in all it was a fun flick.

Cons: Not enough Eva Mendez. Token hottie should of been used and abused as such. Probobly going to be confusing for people with shallow minds for philosophy. The final battle was not very climatic. Makes cops look like retards. Would you try to stand up to a ghostly imortal figure with your 45 or attempt to persue it on a motorcycle that leaves a wake of destruction and flaming trail?
Again I concur. It went well beyond " Suspension of disbelief."

Verdict: If you in anyway like how marvel has been making up for it's lack of comic sales by converting their endless comics to movies, then you have to see this movie. It's not as a$$ kicking as blade but it's at least as good as spiderman if not better. It's very similar to spawn but done much much better so if you like humans saving themselves from damnation then it's for you hands down.
No way can this be compared to any of the Spiderman/FF/X-men marvel franchise beauties. If they get a decent Director the next one should be good. I will declare this though, FF: RoSS will be fvcking awesome! Spidey 3 too.

My favorites though, are Doctor Strange and Werewolf by Night. I've been toying with scripts for both of these for a couple of years now.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nicolas Cage is an AFC. Priscilla made him sell his comics.

Hey Hollywood, where's my She-Hulk movie b*tches?? And put Tigra in it too, I love me some freak-babes.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This movie was so corny it was unbelievable. The dialogue, acting, everything! It was all pure ****.

ExploringOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
They cut out a few scenes which would have given the movie a nicer flow, and made more sense...

I read the "novelization", and as far as books go, it was trash ( I was looking for a fast read while I did laundry).

Still the book was better then the movie (as is normal).

The movie itself was about a 7/10. Decent acting, excellent effect. A tad too simple, and honestly, the end, it was a bit anti climatic.

Maybe someone can explain this to me, why did the old ghost rider come out for that final ride? What, just for the heck of it?

I suspect the uncut DVD version will be much better...

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, the movie rocked. I just saw it last night, and left feeling jacked-up. Sure, yes, there was some dullness... but it got me paying attention. I started paying attention to the man/woman interaction. There was deninitely someone from the seduction community involved in making the movie.

PRMoon said:
I seriously beg to differ about the abuse of the token hottie... the stand-up scene, in the restaurant? I acutally bust out laughing when she whipped out the 8-ball... :up: I KNOW someone involved in the movie read this:

(http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94186)
Vulpine said:
When she recounts every single detail to every friend she has, skims her issues of Cosmo, flips over her 8-ball, and googles "relationship+Honda Civic+toilet seat up", she will come to a decision.
Right after she flips her 8-ball, she asks the waiter something like "you think I'm good looking, right?" and the waiter is like "Meh." *shrug*

:crackup:

Ooh, and the scene where he's riding his cycle next to the van trying to mack on Eva? And he goes to the other side to DJ the obsticle? Smooooooth. Then *kiss* "Too much?" I actually found myself vocalizing "Just enough." to the chick next to me... and yep... just enough.

Sure, if you want to point out bad parts, the ending where Cage is cruising down the highway during the day, during the closing monologue, then bursts into Ghost Rider flames? I was like, aawwwww craaaaap they did so well... and at the last scene he can suddenly burst into flames in the middle of the day? Duh. :rolleyes: Oops.

Chick I was with was like "he can control it now...?" Duh. :rolleyes: "Yeah, and vampires can just suddenly control whether or not they fry in sunlight, too."

Anyway, I just wanted to point out a couple "easter eggs", like the 8-ball, for the seduction community... making Eva Mendez do that was hillarious! "You think I'm hot, right?" :crackup:

Definitely a "MAN movie". I was glad to see it. There needs to be more of them out there, and regardless of the flow of the movie, I can't knock it just for the simple fact that it was a kick-ass MAN movie. I was glad I saw it in the theatre: Big sound, big effects, big action, and I supported the makers of a MAN movie. :up: Sure, it wasn't an epic, but still good in many ways. I'm not very critical, though, I was either glad I coughed up the cash to see it in the theatre, or sad I wasted my money. I was very glad I saw this in the theatre.

Speaking of epic... 300 is going to be in IMAX!!!! I'm going to have to wear a diaper!:rockon:

Captain Ramen

Don Juan
Reaction score
300 is going too take my IMAX cherry.
I've planned everything out so it will be perfect.
Hopefully it won't be too much and ruin me for other lesser theatres...

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Ramen said:
300 is going too take my IMAX cherry.
Mine too!:nervous:

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl who took me to see Ghost Rider is also taking me to see 300 next sunday. I'm trying to get off of work early enough so she can buy me sushi too. Not a bad evening.