GF trouble...

harkkam08

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i got into a discussion about our plans for vacation this december.

To give you an idea, we dont go on many vacations because her parents are strict, so we have only been on maybe 3-4 in the last two years. We are 22 years old. Her parents are going abroad for a month meaning she can go anywhere she wants to.

The problem is that she wants to go to one place and I want to go somewhere else. She wants to go to washington DC and I want to go on a cruise. I looked at the costs and time and all of it is about equal. So no problem there

However when I ask her about it she simply states after about 10 minutes of arguing "I want to do something for myself, its my money, its my birthday and I dont want to give this"

I feel upset because its my money as well and my wishes and needs are not being considered. She says Im hung up on it, but I feel like why cant she honestly discuss what I want. I feel like its more of prestige issue.

So I asked her about it and she basically said her mind is made up and thats as simple as that. So I decided that why should I go somewhere were my wishes and wants where not even considered.

She said that she gives alot, but this was too much of a give. But what makes her think that this not an equally big give from me. And if she expects me to make such a "give" then at least be more open minded to my wants.

She said that we had our discussion about this topic and she had made up her mind that she would not go. I wouldnt mind going to DC but if she was more receptive and respecting of my wishes.

In the end I told her that it was not fair, and that if she wanted to she could go to DC with her friends because it would not be fair to me to accompany her to a place that was not mutally agreed apon.

I dont think I will go with her if her attitude remains the same.

What can I do. I dont want to create friction but I mean I am being forced to.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
harkkam08 said:
Well i got into a discussion about our plans for vacation this december.

To give you an idea, we dont go on many vacations because her parents are strict, so we have only been on maybe 3-4 in the last two years.

That's pretty good. I've only been on 1 in the last 5 years.

We are 22 years old. Her parents are going abroad for a month meaning she can go anywhere she wants to. The problem is that she wants to go to one place and I want to go somewhere else. She wants to go to washington DC and I want to go on a cruise. I looked at the costs and time and all of it is about equal. So no problem there. However when I ask her about it she simply states after about 10 minutes of arguing "I want to do something for myself, its my money, its my birthday and I dont want to give this"

I feel upset because its my money as well and my wishes and needs are not being considered. She says Im hung up on it, but I feel like why cant she honestly discuss what I want. I feel like its more of prestige issue.

So I asked her about it and she basically said her mind is made up and thats as simple as that. So I decided that why should I go somewhere were my wishes and wants where not even considered.

She said that she gives alot, but this was too much of a give. But what makes her think that this not an equally big give from me. And if she expects me to make such a "give" then at least be more open minded to my wants.

She said that we had our discussion about this topic and she had made up her mind that she would not go. I wouldnt mind going to DC but if she was more receptive and respecting of my wishes.

In the end I told her that it was not fair, and that if she wanted to she could go to DC with her friends because it would not be fair to me to accompany her to a place that was not mutally agreed apon.

I dont think I will go with her if her attitude remains the same.

What can I do. I dont want to create friction but I mean I am being forced to.
You don't want to create friction but you keep arguing with her? Come on dude. It seems like you are both self centered and only worry about number #1. That's ok, it took me a while to realize that other people are way more important than me, you guys are still young.

It appears as though you both care more about just going on vacation than being with each other. Why don't you just go with her to D.C. ? You will be with her, right? You will see all the greatest landmarks in the world, right? You will learn something, right? Is it worth it to be this stubborn over a simple trip? What are you going to do when it's a much more important thing? Plus, if you go with her, I'm sure she'll reward you by having the greatest sex of your life, rather than you staying at home watching Friends again.

harkkam08

Don Juan
Reaction score
k

Those were some good words. Im going to go to DC with her and not make a big deal out of it.

brewbaron

Don Juan
Reaction score
make it a trade-off. like you'll say ok to DC this time but you get to pick the next vacation. also why do her parents not allow her to go on vacation? thats insanity.

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who picked the last vacation spot? Or like brewbaron said, who will pick the next one? It's her birthday, so that's gotta count for something. If you don't really mind DC then why not just suck up your pride and go? (with the agreement that a cruise is next on the list).

If you feel you're being walked on and she never takes your feelings into consideration, then maybe you have bigger issues.

stuartSan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't anybody else read the part where he said it was her birthday?

Dude, it's her birthday. Cut her some slack this time of the year. You still have so much time ahead for your cruise.

PectoralisMajor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if you only LEARN 1 thing from all this, dont get into arguements with your girl. instead discuss things calmly....

trust me, getting into an argument is suicide with ladies. they punish and punish you for what can be days after, EVEN if YOUR RIGHT !

conclusion - DONT ARGUE !