gf offered to help pay ticket

mrsoy

Don Juan
Reaction score
well last nite,my gf came over for new years. i decided to take her home before 12 so i wouldnt get pulled over with her in the car. she convinced me to stay til 12 for the ball to drop,but it was kind of a mutual thing. but yeah,on the way home,i got pulled over by a cop that said i was swerving (bullsh!t) and fined me 135$ PLUS towing charges for my car to be impounded. im a jr operator so he charged me the 35$ for being out after 12. my gf feels kinda responsible for it and offered to pay the 35$ fine. should i take it or pay it all myself? (i dont have a job yet,looked everywhere today,no one will friggen hire me)

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1) yes, someone will hire you. You're just not looking in the right places.

2) If you have some sort of pride issue here, then don't let her pay it. Its only 35 bucks. However, I can see why she would want to chip in. It might make her feel a little better. If the reverse was true (my GF got caught breaking a law that she didn't want to break but I coaxed her into it) then I would feel better if she let me chip in.

But hey, its up to you. What do YOU think?

Runna13=)

Don Juan
Reaction score
Swerving? Were you a little tipsy or something, or are you a newbie driver?

You have no job. It was her fault. Reluctantly take the money.

Big Boi

Don Juan
Reaction score
i had more then $500 dollars in tickets and my license was gonna be suspended, my tag was expired...my f-uck buddy lent me $500 to pay it off and told me to just pay her off when i can...

take it.

be selfish.

bogman2121

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you were drunk or had any beer in you thats your fault and she shouldn't have let you drive but if you didnt have anything how could the cop just impound your car even if you were out late?

mrsoy

Don Juan
Reaction score
he wouldnt let me drive the last mile home so he had it towed. then the ironic thing was when i got in the back he goes "if you cant find the seatbelt, dont worry about it, its right down the road" haha

i should tell the court that he endangered my well being by saying i didnt need to wear the seatbelt

and i hadnt drank anything,im not a big fan of it. he thought i was drunk and/or high but i told him i wasnt and he was like "you seem like a nice young man,ill believe you"

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do you live that cops can take your car and give finds under their own rules?

mrsoy

Don Juan
Reaction score
massachusetts :rolleyes:

he gave me a "marked lanes violation" which implies i was driving on the wrong side of the road altogether. if anything,i may have tapped the yellow lines once or twice,but whatever.

online it says this about being out late:

If you are caught operating on a "Junior Operator's License" during those hours, without your parent present in the vehicle, you will be deemed to be operating a motor vehicle without being duly licensed. It is a criminal offense and you may be punished by a fine of not less than $100 nor more than $200.

oops haha. the cop didnt make it a criminal offense (couldve arrested me) now idk if i should contest this ticket...