Gf got a major hair change, now I'm not as attracted

SeeThruIt

Don Juan
Reaction score
So my current gf recently changed her hair drastically, cut it super short and changed the color.

She doesn't look so "wholesome" (my personal preference) anymore but more on the intimidating side. I've noticed that it made me not as attracted and my desire to sleep with her has faded a good amount.

What to do?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait a while, she'll change it again.
I would just tell her I preferred it long.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time you two are about to have sex, ask her, as gently as possible, to wear a bag over her head.

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When they cut it short they're becoming too comfortable. Look at all the women who cut their hair after marriage.

Even an old woman who takes care of her long hair earns a few points.

I'm with you, it's a turn off.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went out with a woman once... maybe an 8. She told me as soon as she settled down, she'd cut her hair short. We went out on two dates, she said that on Date #2 and showed me a picture of how her hair used to be.

We never got to Date #3.

I'm actually surprised though, usually women don't do a drastic hair change until after a breakup.

You might have to wait a while. I ALWAYS make it known I like a woman with long hair. I even quote Maya Angelou on that too.

SeeThruIt

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I told her it wasn't hideous but I definitely preferred how it was before.

Problem is, now she's getting a ton of compliments from people even strangers about her hair so I know she's going to be reluctant to grow it out anytime soon.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's one of the very first rules I lay down when I start seeing a woman. I tell her that I love long hair and that women who cut their hair short are sending a clear message and that they've turned their back on femininity.

That always leads to a little conversation about it from her and that's when I say "If you suddenly cut your hair short I would be extremely pissed off, because that would be sending a message to me". I've yet to have one argue with me about it and every one has known that short hair is out of the question if they want me to stick around.

Boundary set, business taken care of.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^:yes: ^^^

Chicks do the radical haircut thing when they are unhappy with what they see in the mirror. "I need a change..."

This chick is chunky, isn't she?

Generally, I see women who feel they are fat getting their "fatty haircut" instead of losing the weight. Somehow, they feel like "if they distract you from their body" by calling your attention to their hair, then, people won't perceive their fatness.

Well, I hate to break it to women: cutting off your pound of hair does not equal cutting off 20 lbs of muffin-top.

"Oooh... your new haircut makes your neck look skinnier!"

If she's not overweight, then, something else in her life has her ego deflated and her insecurity is flaring. Perhaps her job is more stressful, you've shaken her game, or she's unhappy with the color of her car. Don't bother trying to figure it out, you've already figured out all that you need to: you don't dig it.

With this chick, I would punt. She clearly isn't what you have in mind, and you haven't invested much time yet. That "bait and switch" so early in the interaction stinks like it will probably be a standard routine with her. Next, she'll stop wearing dresses and start wearing sweat pants out on your dates, swearing, drinking too much, and throwing sh¡t at you during arguments that she starts up out of nowhere. Don't wait around to see what kind of stupid stunt will be next, replace the plate: this one is broken.

It's getting tough to find emotionally stable women anymore: try anyway.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Short hair sucks on girls. Everyone likes to pull the card "well so-and-so cut her hair short and she looks soooo cute". Yeah I know, SOME girls don't look bad per se, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they look better.

Boundaries are great, but some girls are just rebellious cvnts and will do it anyway. I don't know how many conversations I had with my ex-gf about my distaste for short hair, but despite all my civil and firm assertions about my preference, she went ahead and did it anyway. Not boy-short, but short enough I didn't like it.

Needless to say, for that and other reasons, she wins the biggest cvnt Colossus has ever dated award.

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls NEVER EVER looks better with short hair. A friend of mine's woman wants to fix me up with her friend. I facebook stalked her friend, she had short hair...instant boner kill. I looked through her old pics, saw one of her in a short black dress with long hair and she is SMOKING hot. Big boobs, great ass, great shape. Literally does not pass the boner test with short hair.
If a GF of mine cut her hair short, i think it would be grounds for dismissal.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
G_Govan said:
When they cut it short they're becoming too comfortable. Look at all the women who cut their hair after marriage.

Even an old woman who takes care of her long hair earns a few points.

I'm with you, it's a turn off.
Agreed, though I've noticed thus far in my life that a lot of women who typically have short (and shorter) hair are the more career-minded ones trying to move the ladder. Nothing wrong with that, but that's not what I want in a woman.

Ever notice, even in Disney princess movies targeted at little girls, all the hot looking princess characters in the cartoon have long hair? Why? Because it's part of being an attractive female. Long hair does take a lot of effort to take care of properly and I try to reward women who keep theirs in great shape by either paying complements (when I think about it) or in a sexual manner that most don't typically expect. Well groomed long hair on a woman helps exude a certain femininity that's difficult to describe.

SeeThruIt

Don Juan
Reaction score
She's actually not chunky, she's pretty fit with a nice body.

She says she's always had long hair and wanted to try it. Well it definitely doesn't do it for me and it sucks, makes her look too intimidating.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.returnofkings.com/26763/girls-with-short-hair-are-damaged

Short hair is a political statement. And a **** you to your desires as a man. every woman knows that her hair is her glory. Even back in the bible they knew.

1 Corinthians 11:15 14 Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, 15 but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say something. Short hair just isn't sexy to me. Halle Berry is hella hot, but damn do I wanna put a long haired wig on her!

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree.

Every woman that CAN pull off the short hair look and looks good with it... probably looks 100000 times better with longer hair.

Just because it looks good on a handful of women, doesn't mean it looks good at all. I've invoked the long hair rule in the past. It hasn't been broken yet.

My attention would start turning to other women if she ever did.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
If you let her get away with this short hair monstrosity, next she'll be pulling a dildo out of her drawer and asking you what brand lube you prefer.

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BetterCallSaul said:
Ever notice, even in Disney princess movies targeted at little girls, all the hot looking princess characters in the cartoon have long hair? Why? Because it's part of being an attractive female. Long hair does take a lot of effort to take care of properly and I try to reward women who keep theirs in great shape by either paying complements (when I think about it) or in a sexual manner that most don't typically expect. Well groomed long hair on a woman helps exude a certain femininity that's difficult to describe.
Yup, take a look at most young women in high school/college. They keep it long for good reason.

It honestly doesn't even have to be done up for me, as longs as it's clean and looks combed I'm good.

Short-haired women always seem to come across as b-tches to me, in fact I had an ex with really short hair and she really was an aggressive c-nt (I was with her a short time for obvious reasons).

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a woman over at my house on Saturday night who has long hair, and I talked her into going skinny dipping in my pool and she had it "up" and looked pretty hot.

But that's the sweet spot. It looked good because it was THERE and would go back down again.

SeeThruIt

Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
I had a woman over at my house on Saturday night who has long hair, and I talked her into going skinny dipping in my pool and she had it "up" and looked pretty hot.

But that's the sweet spot. It looked good because it was THERE and would go back down again.
Agreed. Long hair that's up looks 100x better than short hair.

Guys it's getting worse, she's been getting a lot of compliments on it and mostly that I've noticed have been from older women! Approaching her and asking about it laced with a compliment.

She's never been complimented on her long hair and I feel she's loving the attention and it's giving her a sense of power.

She's starting to be bit more aggressive in the bedroom but it's turning me off, her femininity is dwindling. Kind of a bummer.

Do I wait it out in hopes she'll grow it out? I've already told her I prefer it longer and referenced her current cut reminds me of some older family members which weirds me out (more of a lie than truth)