GF for experience?

norwood

Reaction score
Hi,

There's a girl I know that's really into me. I like her too; she's hot, she's a nice person, she's smart, but I'd say that she lacks a lot of the qualities that I would look for in a long term partner. To put it another way, I don't think she's the one I could fall in love with.

The problem is, I have no experience with the ladies, literally none. I think we could have a lot of fun together, and I think she could boost my confidence an awful lot. But I have it in the back of my mind that if I did make an advance on her, I'd feel I was just using her.

I need advice! Thanks for any replies...

Mr_knowit_all

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
norwood said:
Hi,

There's a girl I know that's really into me. I like her too; she's hot, she's a nice person, she's smart, but I'd say that she lacks a lot of the qualities that I would look for in a long term partner. To put it another way, I don't think she's the one I could fall in love with.

The problem is, I have no experience with the ladies, literally none. I think we could have a lot of fun together, and I think she could boost my confidence an awful lot. But I have it in the back of my mind that if I did make an advance on her, I'd feel I was just using her.

I need advice! Thanks for any replies...
I don't think it's a good idea.

1) You may think you're going to use this woman to "get experience", but what will probably happen is that you'll develop feelings for her, and she'll dump your ass

2) I really don't think it's cool to use people as human guinea pigs. I know a lot of women do it to guys, but lets try to rise above that nonsense.

Fang

Reaction score
Maybe your inexperience is creating psychological barriers so you don't get hurt.

Get with her. If it doesn't work out, move on, you've just got some more practice under your belt. I use everyone around me to become better.

Reaction score
Fang said:
Maybe your inexperience is creating psychological barriers so you don't get hurt.
Wow, creating psychological barriers so that you dont get hurt. Experience hurts?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
Wow, creating psychological barriers so that you dont get hurt. Experience hurts?

Let's rephrase his statement:

"Maybe you don't have enough experience and it's creating psychological barriers"
Either that or...
"Maybe you don't have enough experience in creating psychological barriers that prevent you from getting hurt over small things."
Can somebody combine these two threads?