Getting to know a shy girl

CarpeDiem

Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently I have noticed this cute girl in my chemistry class that I have never talked to. I am fairly shy myself, but not to bad. The thing is though, this girl is VERY shy. I rarley hear her speak. I have never talked to her before. So I was wondering how do I deal with this? How should I go about getting to know her?

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's easy. Lay it on her like anyone else.

Results won't show themselves as quickly, but they're there.

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh you've grabbed my attention.
I was gonna stop posting for a while but this is just too similar to how my current girlfriend was.

Here's the low-low:
1. It'll be HARD to get her to open up.
2. You'll doubt that she likes you, because she's so shy.
3. Things will be awkward for a while after you start dating, until you build some serious rapport.

But, when she does open up... it'll all pay off. Seriously it took like a month and a half before my girlfriend and I became really comfortable together.

Like Alkali said, treat it as anyone else... it's just gonna take longer.
I just gave you some of the things you will notice, but not to worry about.

Good luck man

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
She may not be shy at all, she might just not talk in this class.

Just go for it, ask her non-personal questions at first so she doesn't feel put-on the spot.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SHY = uncomfortable (around you)

I am into this shy korean girl, but I see her w/her buddies (some of mutual buddies) and she is not shy at ALL. But whenever we're together it's awkward. I say something funny, we laugh then there's that awkward silence like, "ehhhh ok now what."

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same as gaming any other girl. I've gone up to girls who seemed shy, but then they opened up and were actually kind of cool. You also said you were kind of shy too, so that could be the problem.

Red07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Potbelly said:
SHY = uncomfortable (around you)

I am into this shy korean girl, but I see her w/her buddies (some of mutual buddies) and she is not shy at ALL. But whenever we're together it's awkward. I say something funny, we laugh then there's that awkward silence like, "ehhhh ok now what."
^that's b/c she's in a foreign country
Asian girls can be easy/hard to game depending on their maturity and how comfortable they are in that country..

Anyway.. shy girls take longer, but the results can be a lot better.
b/c youre not too loud in class, she should feel more confident around you.
Just work with her one day, make fluff talk. I find you dont need to grab a shy girls interest straight away b/c its more than enough that youre speaking to her. Then as she begins to relax, I throw in some c+f.. and you'll find they can be funny. You;ll be able to tell when she feels comfortable around you~

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red07 said:
^that's b/c she's in a foreign country
Asian girls can be easy/hard to game depending on their maturity and how comfortable they are in that country..

Anyway.. shy girls take longer, but the results can be a lot better.
b/c youre not too loud in class, she should feel more confident around you.
Just work with her one day, make fluff talk. I find you dont need to grab a shy girls interest straight away b/c its more than enough that youre speaking to her. Then as she begins to relax, I throw in some c+f.. and you'll find they can be funny. You;ll be able to tell when she feels comfortable around you~
Uh, do you know her or something?

She's Korean (like someone is black/white/etc.) She is from Texas. Not Korea haha. Your parents are what make you who you are...not always necessarily where you are from. Geez

Good advice for the OP btw.