getting in shape

emmet1

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey everybody!
recently i started to go out for runs.
my question is, what is the preferable amount of days in a week i should run in.
and as a skinny guy who has a hard time gaining weight, what are the diets i should take on?

EDITED: the question also includes a gym workout

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're skinny and run a lot of long distance, it's going to be hard to bulk up. Running does take off body fat and make you toned, which girls tend to like, but too much of it will keep you from being very big. If you want to get bigger, there is a lot of great advice on this forum about how to do that. I would suggest that your run time be interval sprints instead of one long distance jog. You can do that every day if you want. Sprint until you're out of breath, give yourself about a minute to rest by walking, and then do it again.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Bible Belt, if your on the skinny side or average body, then cardio isnt a big concern for you if you want to bulk. I'd say 2-3 times a week of cardio for 20 minutes for good health. Personally, I don't do any cardio unless its to warm-up.

As far as a weight training program, it will come down what your goals are. In the DJ Bible there is a new section for health & fitness, good articles there to help get you started.

My personal opinion is to start training 3 days a week using compound movements, start learning the exercises and practicing good form.

Gerared

Reaction score
Hi Emmet1,
To gain weight lift weight, increase your workout and take supplements. Increase caloric intake and consume more proteins through daily meals. Increase the number of meals and add smarter food more in your diet plans. Eat more snacks and take energy fluids.
Alamo Heights gym

Last edited:

Revend

Reaction score
Many people how wants to get into shape but they do not realize there is more to fitness than well toned muscles.Developing an exercise plan that fits your life style..Eat healthy food.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
emmet1 said:
hey everybody!
recently i started to go out for runs.
my question is, what is the preferable amount of days in a week i should run in.
and as a skinny guy who has a hard time gaining weight, what are the diets i should take on?

EDITED: the question also includes a gym workout
Well, depends on how much you are running and your goal. If you are actively trying to bulk, then I'd leave it to the minimum necessary to keep your cardio, if even that. If not, then knock yourself out.

gibson33

Reaction score
teeyounee said:
SS+GOMAD if you are super skinny. Running doesn't kill gains you just have to eat more. But start lifting .
Totally agree! I'm skinny and I'm going to gym and I'm gaining weight every month.. I work hard but also I'm eating a lot..
You just need to balance it