getting coffee date with girl? and how to end it?

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I havent really PU or hit on girls much since last semester...so I'm kind of out of it.

So finally in class today, i chatted up with 1 of the 4 english exchange students. I know she knows i've been eyeing her since the past couple weeks. But usually in class i notice she's a bit anti-social and is pretty absorbed in her work (a hands on art type class), so i didnt dare break the ice, but that mystery about her made her appealing.

So at the end of class when almost everyone left, she asked me a dumb obvious question to break the ice. We chatted for a bit, i didnt tease or crack jokes or kino...I was a little disapointed of myself in the end. but I had a lot to relate to because i visited London last winter. But i found out she's only here for this semester, and should be going back in december to finish her studies.

So anyway, didnt seem like she was interested in leaving anytime soon as she had to finish up her stuff and was going back and forth...And i left with a couple friends, as i figured i'd ask her out to coffee next weekend (thats if she's still interested).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The class ends at night on a weekend, should I just ask her to join me after class or schedule the following day (sunday)?

Should I kiss close after a coffee date, or wait for a 2nd date?

I dont have my own place, should i suggest heading back to her dorm or wait for her to suggest it?

The way I see it, she's only going to be around for 2 months, so there's only potential to get laid.

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're trying to get laid on the first date? A kiss on the first date?

I doubt that...but maybe.

Gen. Cornwallis

Reaction score
The best way to close a coffee date is for you to have something to do after the date. you can look at your watch and note the time and say that you have to pick up your little brother from soccer practice, or meet a friend to study, or go see a movie with your guy friends, anything.

the idea here is to end the date before it turns sour to keep her wanting more and to create the impression that your time is valuable.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Haha, I just discussed Coffee Dates. Here you go.
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1020507&postcount=4

Coffee Dates can happen anytime, even in the middle of the night or after class. Don't expect a lay the first date, unless you're a master at seduction, you're going to have to try to develop some rapport and interest first. A kiss...is debatable, it can happen, or it might not. It really depends on her, how much she likes you, whether you try to push the idea too far...it can happen though.

the idea here is to end the date before it turns sour to keep her wanting more and to create the impression that your time is valuable.
Read up on this too. It already says that a coffee date can be the beginning or ending of a night if you want to try to incorporate multiple dates into one. You shouldn't have a problem keeping interest for 1....even 2 hours, there should be NO PROBLEM at all for someone to do that. The only way it turns sour the fastest is when you fail to keep it going, the lull periods, the bad jokes...etc. It comes with experience, but you should know that when you've run out of material to talk/use on her, you either generate it on the spot, or call it a night and learn.

Trapper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you can not go further in the coffe date...its just for getting to know each other and build a rapport...but on the other hand its damn important for the second date which you must do something... u know what to do..

Kings_royalty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But usually in class i notice she's a bit anti-social and is pretty absorbed in her work (a hands on art type class), so i didnt dare break the ice,

You didn't dare break the ice, what kind of crap is that? Who the hell is she? Anyway, I'm not going to get into that now.

You are making it way to complicated bro, to technical. It sounds like you wouldn't be able to enjoy yourself if she accepted because of all these 'what should i do next' questions running around in your skull. You are putting to much pressure on yourself and the outcome. Don't!

Tell her to join you for some coffee and work on her Interest Level. Make sure to have fun and relax. If you play your cards right and do all the things that touches a girl on a primal level, you could spend the next two months banging this girl before she leaves. If you don't, it doesn't matter because there are plenty of other girls to have coffee with.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs said:
A kiss...is debatable, it can happen, or it might not.
Then why would I want to go on a coffee date? To let her speak her mind? For her to confort me on my problems? Or viceversa?

I go with Don Ronny's way.

But hey, if it gets you layed with the women you want, go ahead. I just wouldn't recommend it to guys, newbies or not.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee date in a mall. This way instead of sitting down and watch her flip her gums for an hour or two you can walk around, go into stores and play around.

Coffee date dies out after 20 mins. After that its all interview and qualification. Don't let a chick qualify you after just having coffee with you. Do something with her because action leave's more impression then words.

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys thanks for all the great replies, but would it be too easy to ask her to join me for coffee right after class (i know she lives in the dorms across the street and likely doesnt have much to do)? or should I ask for the following day or other day in the week and # close then?
Unfortunately im busy throughout the week other than after sat class and sundays as i work and go to school at night.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
solo1 said:
Guys thanks for all the great replies, but would it be too easy to ask her to join me for coffee right after class (i know she lives in the dorms across the street and likely doesnt have much to do)? or should I ask for the following day or other day in the week and # close then?
Unfortunately im busy throughout the week other than after sat class and sundays as i work and go to school at night.
Prize mentality my friend. You do what you want, whichever you decide will be ok and goes with my approval.