Getting angry with a girl on email: Good or bad?

happyguy

Banned
Reaction score
I did a terrible thing... ended things with a girl (she gave the 'who the **** are you?' look after hanging around for a month) quiet smoothly, but succumbed today and wrote a short and mean note saying I felt she wasted my time and energy and that I felt insulted. Just a 3 sentence email, but used strong words.

Showing anger towards girls never did any good to me in the past, so I stopped doing it. Except this time... she rubbed me the really wrong way. What bothers me is she is quiet young (22) and naive when it comes to relationships. I feel like a jerk for having written the nasty note. She apologized when we ended things, but somehow it didn't cut it with me. The disappointment was lingering, and I decided to get it off my chest when I wrote the email.

What is your opinion on this? Should I have been magnanimous and let things slide, should I have been mild and told her I was disappointed (I did that in person, and she apologized), or does one just get the anger off their chest and be done with it? I just want to hear some experience and pointers from others.

jackofasses

Don Juan
Reaction score
happyguy said:
I did a terrible thing... ended things with a girl (she gave the 'who the **** are you?' look after hanging around for a month) quiet smoothly, but succumbed today and wrote a short and mean note saying I felt she wasted my time and energy and that I felt insulted. Just a 3 sentence email, but used strong words.

Showing anger towards girls never did any good to me in the past, so I stopped doing it. Except this time... she rubbed me the really wrong way. What bothers me is she is quiet young (22) and naive when it comes to relationships. I feel like a jerk for having written the nasty note. She apologized when we ended things, but somehow it didn't cut it with me. The disappointment was lingering, and I decided to get it off my chest when I wrote the email.

What is your opinion on this? Should I have been magnanimous and let things slide, should I have been mild and told her I was disappointed (I did that in person, and she apologized), or does one just get the anger off their chest and be done with it? I just want to hear some experience and pointers from others.
You shoulda just walked away. No nastiness, nothing. Not even saying you're disappointed. Show her you don't give a ****.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have pulled a gun out. I don't think the email is enough. You should really stock her and tell her how you would have been the perfect guy for her and that it is her loss. But make sure she realizes that she lost out on a great guy.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
You should have pulled a gun out. I don't think the email is enough. You should really stock her and tell her how you would have been the perfect guy for her and that it is her loss. But make sure she realizes that she lost out on a great guy.
:crackup:

happyguy

Banned
Reaction score
grr... this is a serious matter... my question fundamentally is, do guys always have to be on guard with women? I have noticed if I drop my guard for even a second, girls turn completely uninterested. It is such a sharp and dramatic transformation. (which is sort of what precipitated the situation above)

My loaded question is, do we always have to be on guard? Is there no place in seduction for a weak moment? It seems to be killing the spiritual and spontaneous side of man to be so stoic and in 'frame' all the time. What is the catch?

Alphamale1821

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way top end anything is to not let the results of it effect you hard to the person you are doing it to. You showed weakness by blowing up in anger when if you had simply allowed yourself to cool off you could have easily dumped her and she is the one who feels bad about losing a great guy. When 2 people are angry it's a lose lose. When one person is angry it's a win-lose. If you would have remained calm and cool chances are she would be feeling a lot more guilty and hurt by what she did.

Alphamale1821

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
happyguy said:
grr... this is a serious matter... my question fundamentally is, do guys always have to be on guard with women? I have noticed if I drop my guard for even a second, girls turn completely uninterested. It is such a sharp and dramatic transformation. (which is sort of what precipitated the situation above)

My loaded question is, do we always have to be on guard? Is there no place in seduction for a weak moment? It seems to be killing the spiritual and spontaneous side of man to be so stoic and in 'frame' all the time. What is the catch?
There will be times when event he calmest guy may lost his cool but it's simply a weakness. The ability to have no words get you angry and out of control is a great power to have. They are simply words and in the end when it's over it's time to move on. Not saying not to be hurt by something, but simply not allow the person to have control over you by showing them anger. So many people in society are controlled by words every day and thats why things are the way they are.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more attraction you build. The more interested she is because you have sparked, created, and developed strong attraction, the more you'll be able to get away with some of those wuss things and be more of yourself, without it affecting their interest.

Had she really been into you, she would have crawled back for your forgiveness and approval when you snapped. It wasn't that you got angry; somewhere, a while back, you acted in ways that she lost her interest. Or maybe she wasn't that into you to begin with.