Getting a life!

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I find myself spending less time in front of the computer, I've realized that I have no real passions, nothing to devote my energy to.

Hobbies:
I do have a bunch (like several sports and playing Instruments), but to me, they are more duty than passion, more habit than fun.

Goals:
I'm doing well in university, and I'm soon gonna be a well-paid software engineer (which is why I won't spend my free time on the computer), but all that came without much effort. I never had any hardships, I did what I had to. No acheivements that I truly value.

A worthy cause:
Duh. I'm at a complete loss. Create a monument of greatness? Preserve something precious? I don't know and, sadly, I don't care.

As of late, everything seems to bore me. I've lost interest in people around me, and in conversation. Needless to say, this mindset is poison for the aspiring DJ.

As I find my lack of passion slowly rotting me from the inside, I am wandering and stumbling through life, without focus, without purpose.

Have you felt similarly in the past?
How did you change it?
What did you find? What inspired you?
What did you do?

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been there.

I recently quit my job, even.

You don't sound challenged. Your senses, your mind, your spirit - none of that is being stimulated with the intensity you crave.

My suggestion, and I'm no guru, would be to do some soul searching. It can be a semi-conscious thing, as I feel I'm doing, where I try very hard not to take anything for granted and enjoy what I can.

My life's been fairly difficult for the past year but I'm grateful, in a weird way, that I've had to struggle. I feel I can appreciate things I may not otherwise have appreciated.

This whole DJ thing has been more about self-reflection to me than anything else. I really feel that women, although great to have around, can only provide me with so much. They are not the answer to any of my problems, they are not what inspires me anymore, they are not the goal, they are not a requirement.

With that said however, I can apply a zero-expectations philosophy to MY game. Improve my life for the better FOR ME, because I want a great life, and the cards will fall where they may.

All that seize the day stuff is pretty cliche but for the most part is incredibly accurate.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation.

In a few articles I've read in the DJ Bible it tells us to create our own reality (getting a life) then bring a woman into it.

And that is difficult. I have no passions and most of my time is spent in my room, on this site.

The biggest challenge that I'm facing is that it's hard to go out and do things when your alone. If I had friends to hang with I might be spending time with them.

It's good that you have real hobbies and goals. Sitting at home doing nothing is a terrible waste.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.
I have no problem going out and doing something. I've become rather disciplined as of late. It's just that I lack the drive. I don't really enjoy it.
When I do something fresh, it's pretty nice for the moment, that's about it.
About women, I don't really put the focus on them. I don't enjoy even them as much as I did anymore.

"If you could decide, what would you love to do right now?" - I got no idea.

@wjh:
Thanks for your thoughts. Take nothing for granted? Sounds good. Gotta think about that.
You are exactly right, what I need is challenge!
I'm actually thinking of going abroad for a year. Having something completely different for a start.

j-flex

Banned
Reaction score
bump!

wow i feel exactly the same way and i dont know how to stop feeling like this.

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Join the military and you'll see what life has to offer.

thelizardking

Reaction score
It seems like you are waiting for something to happen, when it reality you have to make things happen. You have complete control over what happens or doesn't happen. If you don't like the way things are going, get out there and make it happen. A wise man once said "There are two kinds of people in this world, people who eat **** and people who run ****."

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Faded Image said:
Join the military and you'll see what life has to offer.
Agreed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us never negotiate out of fear, but let us never fear to negotiate - John F. Kennedy.

BUT

Mama said Knock you out - LL Cool J