getting a girlfriend.. still the same?

mastacheef

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok so im out of highschool and I always use to do the traditional "ask the girl out to be my girlfriend in a cute way" method, but now that I'm older what do you guys do? Do you still ask her in any way? I have this girl who I've been seeing and things feel like they have been escalating and I'm pretty damn sure I'm pretty much eligible for actually dating her, shes been giving out mad IOI's. I would like to date this girl and I'm not sure how to go about it now days!

I was thinking something along the lines of...

ME: want to do something exciting?
HER: like what?
ME: be my girlfriend

but is this still too highschool'ish??

let me know what you guys do now if its still the same deal or what not now that were a little older and let me know what kind of IOI's you guys get from a girl that gives off for relationship status indications, thanks fellas!

COMPTON

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never ever ever ever ask her to be that. Have you read the bible? If not read it. She should be chasing you! Try to understand that if a girl isn't chasing you she's probably bored or thinking about something else besides you. Let them come to you with that question? And go from there.....

COMPTON

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude your only 18 sew some oats you have a lot of living to do... Im not judging you.

COMPTON

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude your only 18 sew some oats you have a lot of living to do... Im not judging you.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why don't you just ask her to go dancing or watch a movie with you

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate, you're 18. Don't try to get into a relationship now. It's having fun time! Asking for commitment is the girl's job, btw.

mastacheef

Don Juan
Reaction score
thank you phatrabbit that made it more clear, and as of last night things got even more intimate she works on weekdays early in the morning so i usually don't stay the night unless its a weekend but she insisted and on a side note she sort of brought up relationship type talk sort of... how she doesn't like boys but bla bla bla bla bla.. basically said her last bf's were sucky.. seeming like she wants a good one now.. lol anyone ever get that? I'm just going to see how things progress, so ill take your guy's advice i'm sure she will start talking about it sooner or later if she wants a relationship.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still ask, but by then I've already slept with her many times and spent a few months qualifying her to see if she's worth it

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By asking her to be in a relationship with you, you're putting your heart on the table. It may not seem like much now, but later in the relationship you're going to want to have a lot of the power.

While a relationship is about a lot of compromises, never compromise all your power. If you like this girl, keep seeing her but don't get too attached. If she wants something, you'll soon figure it out. Let her pop the question "what are we". That is a cue for you to ask her what her feelings are on it. 99% says she will say she wants to be more. If you feel it, then tell her you're down to give it a go. If you're hesitant, tell her you want a little more time

best of luck

DJ React

Reaction score
^^ Completely agree with WC2

Just keep doing what you are doing it sounds like things are going well. Eventually she will bring up the exclusivity of the relationship, but never ever be the one to bring it up. You are the prize she has to chase you.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO if you've been having sex with her for about a month then she can be your girlfriend. If you aren't doing her then she isn't your girlfriend. Unless you two have come up with some weird no sex thing then you aren't even in a relationship :p

mastacheef

Don Juan
Reaction score
ah one question, she keeps asking me whats on my brain, what am i thinking.. and i have been responding with nothing..

i dont know what i should say..
she keeps texting me non stop if im not with her and is always all up on me when im with her.. but theres a little feeling in me saying she doesn't want a relationship but at the same time does.. ah confusing a$$ ****