get rid of the 'quiet guy rep'

shadowfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it possiable? How do i do it. Ive had this REP all my life. It p1sses me off.

My close circle of friends agree im a pretty cool, funny guy and VERY talkative. They think its strange when others say im quiet.

Example 1

I was messin wiv my m8 n shouted 'shut the f;uck up mang!!!!!!' to him and the girls just stared i went 'what?' they go 'wow he talks!!!!!'

Example 2
Im in line waiting for dinner sum1 pushes in and i go
'woah biatch i was here before u'
she laughed but the b'itch infront said
'wow thats the first thing hes said all morning' im like what the...?

I've always had this REPUTATION OF BEING THE SHYONE. The funny thing is the examples suggest there shocked that ive spoken however this so called 'shocked' response i get happens every week. damn. IM NOT QUIET!! help me out guys...

Sorry this post isnt structured very well, it's hard to turn feelings and emotion into a post.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
I have the same problem, once when I was messing with this freshmen guy in band, the freshmen told his friend, who's a junior and the junior girl said, "But Mike hardly ever talks.".

biketrials

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had the same problem up until this year where I now just don't care what others think of me so I just go and talk to random people. I will now talk to anyone. Just go and be yourself, like how you talk to your friends, and you will get over the shy thing really fast. I hope this helps a little bit.

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A good quote

Good quote I just found a long time ago: " What people think of me is non of my business."

cubed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, I think it's pretty simple. Just talk more (especially to people outside of your circle) and your reputation will change to the one you want.

Besides, why exactly does it bother you? I bet you don't have a single good reason, so don't worry about it!

Alfie Crew

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a hard or bad rep to live with. You could have it alot worse, think of all the other stupid **** you could be remembered as. Don't worry what others think just live your life , and just slowing become more friendly, and outgoing. You rep with quickly change!

But just don't do anything that is not yourself.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
speak up in class.

yea, sounds crazy huh? answer the teacher when she asks the class questions. if its like a discussion, contribute to it. use the boring lessons and turn them into jokes.

not only will you become more social, it actually helps you remember the lesson. think about it. between a boring lecture, or a funny and interesting class discussion, what would you remember better? thats what i thought.

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ace of Flames
speak up in class.

yea, sounds crazy huh? answer the teacher when she asks the class questions. if its like a discussion, contribute to it. use the boring lessons and turn them into jokes.

not only will you become more social, it actually helps you remember the lesson. think about it. between a boring lecture, or a funny and interesting class discussion, what would you remember better? thats what i thought.
That's pretty accurate. Don't make yourself too annoying though, people will think weirdly of you. That always sucks. Just get to know people.