Geekette Instruction Manual

ksoileau

Don Juan
Reaction score

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What women say and what they do are two different things, always pay attention to what they do.

And unless a certain woman is your friend, don't listen to any womanly advice on anything.

arglebargle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe she forgot the most important rule.

Make the ho say no

chickenlegs03

Banned
Reaction score
ksoileau said:
Now I've seen everything! This UG geek has posted an instruction manual on how to court her! LOL Apparently there is a horde of AFC geeks that fawn all over her, and it's gone to her unwashed head...

http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/wiki/OnLove.php#sec1
I thought it was very funny. 'tips for gaining brownie points with me' LOL! She has a nice sense of humor though, I'll give her that.

I actually admire her because she has 330 people reading according to her FeedBurner. Kudos on that list. She may not be making money off it now, but if she wanted to...lists are a very key element in online marketing/sales, which is what I'm trying to get into.

ksoileau

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pleeeeeeeeze....

The thing about this that caught my eye is that only in today's AFC world would an UG geekette like her dare to post a public list of demands for any guy who wants to chase her. This chick, aside from having a good intellect, is an UG with greasy hair and a disrespectful attiude toward men. Aparently the only reason she gets away with her attitude is that enough pathetic AFC's are willing to treat her like a supermodel. This is just wrong...

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ksoileau said:
The thing about this that caught my eye is that only in today's AFC world would an UG geekette like her dare to post a public list of demands for any guy who wants to chase her. This chick, aside from having a good intellect, is an UG with greasy hair and a disrespectful attiude toward men. Aparently the only reason she gets away with her attitude is that enough pathetic AFC's are willing to treat her like a supermodel. This is just wrong...
It is sad. I liked it so much better when the term geek was an insult and strictly a negative label. Now, sadly, geekiness has become like a trendy fashion statement. This UG is a poseur. As a matter of fact, just about all girl-geeks, geekettes, or whatever they want to call themselves are self styled, not negatively labelled. Even the nice ones (and I know a couple) but they are certainly poseurs if they shamelessly promote themselves online like this. This chick is just one of many (like this one) who jumped on the fraudulent "geek is chic!" bandwagon once they found out they can get attention from lonely AFC sycophants, many of whom don't qualify as true geeks themselves. If they did qualify, they'd be too busy cracking code, doing science experiments, or true geeky stuff and wouldn't give these idiot girls the time of day.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are taking that stuff seriously? It's obviously more of a joke than anything else.

Man, sometimes I think a lot of the men on this site are just sitting there waiting for girls to do something they can complain about.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
was just about to say this! I mean why would this worry you?!

snbatman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yotsuya-san said:
It is sad. I liked it so much better when the term geek was an insult and strictly a negative label. Now, sadly, geekiness has become like a trendy fashion statement. This UG is a poseur. As a matter of fact, just about all girl-geeks, geekettes, or whatever they want to call themselves are self styled, not negatively labelled. Even the nice ones (and I know a couple) but they are certainly poseurs if they shamelessly promote themselves online like this. This chick is just one of many (like this one) who jumped on the fraudulent "geek is chic!" bandwagon once they found out they can get attention from lonely AFC sycophants, many of whom don't qualify as true geeks themselves. If they did qualify, they'd be too busy cracking code, doing science experiments, or true geeky stuff and wouldn't give these idiot girls the time of day.
I agree somewhat with what you're saying. I'm annoyed with the "geek is chic" movement, but I don't want to go back to the days of negative labels. Labels like that, which demean a certain type of person just for what they are and what they are interested in doing doesn't help anyone. Maybe I'm an AFC, but as long as a so called "geek" isn't hurting me in anyway, I could care less. Let the geeks romp in their silicone fields.

Where can we find pictures of the girl referenced by the OP?

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
snbatman said:
I agree somewhat with what you're saying. I'm annoyed with the "geek is chic" movement, but I don't want to go back to the days of negative labels. Labels like that, which demean a certain type of person just for what they are and what they are interested in doing doesn't help anyone. Maybe I'm an AFC, but as long as a so called "geek" isn't hurting me in anyway, I could care less. Let the geeks romp in their silicone fields.

Where can we find pictures of the girl referenced by the OP?
Though you are right, negative labels should be avoided. However, back in the day when the terms geek and nerd were thus, there was no danger of trendy poseurs intruding and bastardizing anything just so they can be part of the scene. In truth, we (that is ME and others like me) never styled ourselves geeks. We simply knew that, smart as we were, we just didn't fit in with normal folks (yuppies, townies, ect). Back then, as you may recall, there really was no "geek subculture". There were, however, various subcultures that catered to the interests of people that happen to fit the geek profile (Star Trek and other Sci-Fi for example), interests that you could count on being made fun of. It's not so much about preferring labels, it's just that the ones who are stealing this label (and the image to go with it) for themselves don't know or care about the history behind the terms.

Yeah, I couldn't find a picture of this so-called greasy haired UG, either. But then again, it might be for the better.