Funny female behaviour

Canadian Catnip

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Was hanging out at one of my favorite coffee shops the other night. Sometimes the young girl that works there chats with me.

She said something as an offhanded comment about her jeans last night and I was wondering if someone could translate what she meant for me. I am more interested in knowing what women really mean when they say these strange things. Anyone with experience please let me know what she meant.

While I was there I noticed she had on a new pair of jeans. I never said anything about them. After about a half hour she comes over and says to me and the other girl working there. These are my new jeans, I bought them and they were kinda tight, after I washed them I put them on and didn't realize that they had shrunk and were even tighter. Normally I don't wear such tight jeans and I hope you don't think I dress like a skank on purpose.

The girl she was working with said that they looked fine and reassured her. I myself never thought they were too tight but they looked ok.

I believe there is some kind of attraction between us. I was wondering if she was fishing for complements. I believe that she probably spent a lot of time looking for those jeans and thought to herself that she looked really hot in them and wanted me to tell her that I thought that.

So am I close here? If a women comments on her jeans is it a sign that she wants you to give her a complement?

NoMoreTapDancing

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't dwell on it. It was just a passing comment. She was just being friendly and creating a nice atmosphere for he colleagues and customers. If she was into you, she's have given you that eye contact or something, either way you'd know.

Canadian Catnip

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NoMoreTapDancing said:
I wouldn't dwell on it. It was just a passing comment. She was just being friendly and creating a nice atmosphere for he colleagues and customers. If she was into you, she's have given you that eye contact or something, either way you'd know.
Dude? Why do you think I'm asking? Sorry to offend you but "you'd know" is not an answer.

We have history, there is some tension between us. I'm not just a customer.

ps. why don't you post your age as well. I don't want to take advice from some teenager.

Donnie Rome

Reaction score
C C,

If you think there is some level on attraction, you need to act on it. Women are always fishing for compliments because they need to be reassured that they are hot. With that said, the jeans thing didn't mean much.

If you already have an established rapport with her, it's time to escalate and see if she'd like to get together with you outside of her workplace.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, she's not fishing for a compliment.

What she's doing is trying to draw your attention to her figure. I'll bet she looked good in those jeans.

She'd doing that because she can't tell if you're attracted to her or not and she's attracted to you, and she's trying to get you attracted to her. That's the theory.

Giving compliments would more likely land you in the Friend Zone. Think: the other woman there, what did SHE do? She gave her a compliment. So, don't do what other women do and give a compliment and behave just like them.

The thing is, does she want to draw your attention OR does she simply like drawing attention for her ego's sake? The way to find out is to ask for her number. Then push comes to shove.