Fundamental Attribution Error

Aljade

Don Juan
Reaction score
"The fundamental attribution error is the general tendency of people to over-emphasize dispositional, or personality-based, explanations for behaviors observed in others and under-emphssize the role and power of situational influences on the same behavior. Or more simply, people tend to have a default assumption that what a person does is based more on what "kind" of person he is, rather than the social and environmental forces at work on that person." - Wikipedia.org

Its a pretty complex idea and you can read more about it here, I highly recommend you read it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_attribution_error

Anyways my point is it can be directly related to the reason why most of the techniques dicussed on this site work and can work for anyone that utilizes them.

This is because people, in this case women, tend to over-emphasize your actions around them while under-ephasizing the reasons you are acting that way. Thus resulting in their opinion of you(and also their attraction to you) being most directly affected by what you say and how you act around them.

A woman's opinion of you will tend to be most influenced by what you say and do around them rather than the other, just as probable if not more probable, reasons you are acting that way. They basically make the asumption that you(the DJ of course) are acting the way you do because of the "kind" of person you are rather than the social/enviromental forces influencing you(ex: you want to get laid). And note that when I say their assumption, it may not be(and proabably isn't) a concious decision they are making, but instead a sub-concious tendency of the human mind.

Furthermore, another way to explain it is; women are more focused on the "kind" of person you appear to be rather than the things that proabably caused you to act the way you do around them.

This is what I believe is the fundamental reason why we are humanly able to attract women using techniques discussed on this site.

Last edited:

I_Only_Live_Once

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey really interesting post.

I think this explains why shy/awkward guys have almost no chance with girls, because girls base that awkwardness as the "kind" of person he is, rather than just a trait of him being nervous at that given time and moment.

Aljade

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you.

I completely agree, I think thats exactly the reason why they have that effect on women.

Excellent point!!

Mez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lasting impressions

My own particular experience with this happened when a friend a mine got in a fight with a bouncer at a club because he refused to let another one of our friends in the club based on what my friend believed was solely his complexion. So my friend lost his cool and started arguing with the bouncer. I saw a young passionate man that was loyal to his friends. What do you think everyone else saw.?

"Some guy yelling at the bouncer"

They have no idea what his motives are, nor do they have any idea of his values, or attributes. They simply see him as a loud violent person.

In my experience I have noted that
this concept is well intergrated into modern behavior, and so much so that we have the time honored expression, "Always make a good first impression.", so I would have to say I don't believe that someone would have to memerize this theory to add to their DJ or PUA tool bag, but this is nice as a reminder.

Aljade

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah its probably not all that useful in itself when it comes to attracting women, I mostly posted it just as an observation and as an application to the theory.

In general, I think its a very good thing to keep in mind at all times.

I_Only_Live_Once

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a quote I read once that applies to this: "People will judge you by your actions, not your intentions."