friends at social gatherings

cNfny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tonight i brought a girl i've been talking to for a friend's b-day little bash. two of my friends who also came along were monoplizing the conversations, diverting all attention on to themselves which at first i was laughing and being entertained like the rest. about 20 minutes into it, i just lost any and all urges to even blurt out a single word. it felt like i would have had to yell to even make a funny statement, and i didnt want to put in the effort of being loud to be heard. so i resorted to being quiet and aloof on the verbal aspect of the interactions pretty much 70% of the night.

my friends high energy made me feel bored and i probably reeked of it.
this tends to happen a lot to me whenever theres a crowd, where i feel id have to shout to be in everyone else's decibal range of noticability.

am i wrong for feeling like that? how does it affect the way a girl thinks towards you?

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
Your not wrong for feeling that way. Feelings arent right or wrong. They just are.

It sounds like social settings arent your strong point for attracting women, that's all. Find a way to work around it.

cNfny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
any tips?

or do i avoid them at all costs?

S-House

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you worried about how you are being percieved by the group or just the girl?

If it's just the girl, maybe you could find a way to separate the two of you from the crowd and make yourself the center of attention. Just a guess.